• Published 13th Oct 2013
  • 479 Views, 1 Comments

Drowning in My Own Nightmare - Cadence5



Luna's perspective of how she became Nightmare Moon and was banished from Equestria until the Elements of Harmony saved her from her living nightmare.

  • ...
2
 1
 479

Letters and a Spell

When she awoke that night, Luna found her room filled with letters. She stacked them in a neat pile before going out to raise the moon. After quickly going over everypony’s dreams she returned to her room deciding to read the letters rather than visit dreams.

As Luna read the letters they all began to say the same things:

‘Princess, is there any way for me to not have nightmares?’

‘I’m having trouble sleeping because of nightmares.’

‘Can you help me get rid of my nightmares?’

Luna had never thought about keeping ponies from having nightmares. If she could, Equestria might be a much happier place. It was nearly midnight, six hours before she would go to sleep. Luna went to work in her study trying to create a spell to end nightmares.

---

She worked on her spell four nights a week, using the other three to study the dreams of others. A journal held Luna’s own dreams for even more reference.

Three months after she received the letters, she cast her spell after she had raised the moon and Celestia had gone to bed. Luna nearly galloped to her study anxious to see the results, but what she found was the exact opposite of what she wanted.

In the middle of her study stood a black mare with silver armor and a flowing mane that looked like the night sky.

“Who are you?” demanded Luna.

“Why, my dear, don’t you recognize me?” asked the mare, “I’m Nightmare Moon, your worst nightmare, and thanks to your spell, I’m here.”