• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 1,323 Views, 9 Comments

The Journal - InsaneBatPony



Twilight gets a new book containing a terrible secret that could release an unknown deity.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,323

The Journal

The Journal

Twilight Sparkle woke from what seemed to be a sleepless night. She walked over to the window only to see a blanket of rain and black clouds. She walked over to where Spike was sleeping to wake him up from a deeper and more comfortable sleep. She had to chuckle because as he woke up he yelled “I’ll save you Rarity!” She rolled her eyes and went downstairs.

Sometime after breakfast Twilight began her usual routine of shelving books and studying. After a little while she ran out of ink for her notes. She didn’t want to go outside but she knew she had to. She grabbed her coat and an umbrella to go to the store. She returned later that afternoon.

“Oh no, I didn’t realize I had lost so much time! I have to keep studying.” she said in alarm.

She then resumed her studies. She studied while the rain continued to pelt the windows and the world outside of her library home. She had been studying for the majority of the day. Her stomach growled indicating that it was time for a meal. She stopped and proceeded to go to her kitchen and make a small dinner for herself and Spike.

After their dinner was finished Twilight went back to her study area and cleaned up the mess, deciding that it was time to call it a day. The rain fell with thunderous noise as it hit the windows and door.


“Spike!” Twilight called from her study area.

“Yes Twilight?” Spike said while running to her side.

“Could you get me the book Supernaturals, please?” she said not looking at her assistant.

“Sure thing, but what do you want it for?” he responded with confusion in his voice.

“I’m going to see if there is a recipe in there for curing mild depression.” Twilight replied with some hesitation.

“Umm, ok. Are you alright? You've never asked for a mild depression cure before.” Spike proclaimed with concern.

"This rain is getting to me is all. I just want to see if there is a way to cheer oneself up."

"That makes sense I guess." Spike responded still unsure of what to make of the unusual request. As Spike went to leave she looked outside again wishing that she could star gaze.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

“Where go, where I go?” a stallion asked himself with broken language.

“You can’t escape us! Stop right now!” a group called from behind him.

The stallion was wearing a hooded cape as black as the night itself. He ran through the forest at near breakneck speeds. Occasionally slipping and sliding along the muddy paths and terrain. He had no time to recover from being out of breath. He just kept on running as fast as his legs would carry him.

“Have to keep going! Must outrun them!” He thought in his panicked state.

“He went this way! Don’t lose him!” his pursuers called out.

The pony clad in black had to escape his pursuers or be killed on sight. He ran as fast as his legs could carry him. He had to find a way to escape his pursuers and quickly. But more importantly he had to find a place to hide the book to keep it out of the wrong hands.

“We want that book, you crazy old stallion!”

He turned around to try to see his pursuers, while running as fast as he could manage, he looked behind himself to look for his pursuers. He could not see them, the rain was too thick. He whispered a spell in order to create a clone of himself temporarily in order to confuse his pursuers. His clone ran in the opposite direction that he was running. It worked just long enough for him to find a temporary hiding spot. Panting, he checked to see if it was safe and did not fall out during the chase. It was safe for now.

“Be rid of book. Must be rid of it! It must be destroyed.” he said under his breath unable to make full sentences.

After what seemed like a few seconds he continued to run. The pony’s pursuers had all but vanished into the rain and into the night, yet he could not relax. He could feel the last of his strength and mind leaving him. He had to be rid of the book before he lost his mind in its entirety.

He continued to run until he found the path out of the forest. He continued to run at top speed until he reached the path that led to Ponyville. He charged down the path until he reached the town. He stopped and looked around, taking in his surroundings as quickly and as best that he could manage. After a while of looking through the rain he found where he could go.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Twilight was finally able to go to bed and rest after many long hours of study and research into pony magic. She put away her things and crawled into her bed greedily, longing for sleep to take her. She laid her head on her pillow and closed her eyes. As soon as she had closed her eyes a loud thunder crack woke her up instantly. She jumped upright and looked out of her small window, the scenery being distorted and nearly invisible because of the rain outside.

“What is with this storm today?” she wondered aloud.

She decided that it was time to look into this strange phenomenon. She began to realize earlier that this storm was not a storm conjured up by the Pegasi in Cloudsdale. She looked for a book on superstitions and legends of nature, as well as documentations about other strange weather phenomenon. She found the books she was looking for and began to search for the answers that she wanted. As she looked through the book, a feeling of dread and terror came over her. A tingle went down her spine. At that very same moment a thunder crack louder than any previous had sounded. Twilight could not help but jump in jump in surprise and some terror at the sound. A lightning bolt shown in the night shortly after, illuminating her library home for a brief moment.

“Ok. This is getting very strange and little scary.” she said to herself while looking up at one of the windows in the room.

She then began tearing through the book looking for the answer as to why this was happening. She found what she was looking for. The entry in the book listed the exact same things that were happening to the weather in Ponyville. She read on, more out of intrigue than fright. The entry mentioned of a storm similar to the one currently going on outside from more than one thousand years back. Her eyes widened at the mention of a similar storm but she was surprised that it was from a time just after Nightmare Moon's imprisonment.

"This storm became known as the 'Storm of Sealing' and was feared by all for a time." Twilight read aloud to herself. "This has only occurred once in known history. It is believed however that when this storm is produced it is done by the Ancient's mourning the loss of one of their own. This has come about because of the sealing of Princess Luna as Nightmare Moon into the moon only a short time ago." The entry came to an end. Twilight continued to look through the book despite the entry's ending. "That can't be all. There has to be more about this somewhere." she said while rummaging through some of the other books that she had lying around her at the time. She found an encyclopedia and looked for the entry 'Storm of Sealing.' she found the entry that she was looking for near the back of the book.

"Here we go, The Storm of Sealing." she said under her breath. She scanned the book word by word until she came across an unusual symbol within the entry. "What's this?" she said while observing a circle littered with markings and runes. She scanned the page for a description of the circle to no avail.

"Well darn, no description of whatever that circle is but I wonder if it at least has a name." she stated while reading the entry taking care to not miss a single detail. After reading the somewhat expansive entry she came across a reference to another article within the same text. "What's this? Hm, see entry 'The Circle of Orion.' I wonder what that is." She was about to look it up when there came a loud knocking at the door, it sounded as though someone was trying to kick down the door. Twilight looked up from her book quickly and went to the door not expecting that anyone would go anywhere with the storm outside. The banging continued until Twilight finally opened the door to see a stallion clad in black.

"Who are you?" Twilight asked rather quickly examining the crazed stallion with a quizzical eye.

"You! You take book. Take it, destroy it, reveal existence to none! Book evil, let none read!" the stallion said quickly never forming a proper sentence.

"What? You need help. Calm down, I don't know what your talking about but you need to go to the hospital." Twilight told him while trying to get him to listen to her. The stallion kept looking over his shoulder and looking around his surroundings while she spoke.

"Destroy book. No read it, must destroy it." the stallion proclaimed once again. He went into the pocket in his robe and grabbed the book with his teeth and threw at Twilight's face, which hit her in the nose and fell to he ground.

"Hey! what was that...for? she asked into thin air. The stallion had disappeared into the rain shortly after throwing the book at twilight. She looked down and picked up the book with a grunt. She went back in and closed the door muttering under her breath. She placed the book on the table.

"I'll look at it tomorrow. This has been a very strange night. I need a break." she said while making her way to her bedroom. She was nearly to her bed when she thought she heard a deep laughing sound coming from the main floor. She took a few steps down the stairs and looked around the floor from her vantage point. Seeing that there was nothing there she went up to her room and fell asleep for the night.