• Published 2nd Mar 2012
  • 462 Views, 2 Comments

Justice Risen - stickmonkey3

  • ...
 2
 462

Ch.1


"Ow!" I look down to see a rock drop to my hoof. "ALRIGHT WHO THREW THIS ROCK!"
"Nya hah, what a loser! Right Steve?" said the tall, skinny filly. "YeaH Buck he sure is. And what freak too!" said the short, round filly.
"KNOCK IT OFF BUCK AND STEVE!!" I proclaimed.
"Why dont'cha try and make us huh?" challenged Buck. "Yeah try to stop us!" added Steve.
"HAVE YOU forgotten that my daddy is the royal guard to the king?!" I retorted.
"HMPH! My daddy says the king is nuthin' but a tyrant." said Buck.
"Which makes your daddy an ass kisser!" rediculed Steve.

That comment just broke me. I quickly lunged at the two, but as expected my butt got whupped. In tears of rage and sadness, I ran all the way home. Since my daddy is a royal guard, my house was in the vicinity of the castle walls. Now of course we did not live there for free.

You see my mom was raised on a farm, thus she was considered a peasant. For reasons unknown other than love, my daddy , who is known as Velord Array, married my mommy, but the king and his subjects did not like this. They allowed her to live within the walls, but she must work hard to keep her stay. So she worked on a nearby farm because that was only skill, but by the divine powers of God himself, mommy aquired a vast knowledge of astrology and aquired her cutie mark. So the King and thy lords granted her her full Royal Maiden Name. And now she teaches astrology at the local university. (NOTE: It was uncommon back then for anypony of low class to get a cutie mark. Also, once you've aquired your cutie mark, you are granted your full "royal" name.) Mommy's full name is Sunshine Flara, but everypony just calls her Sunny.

I finally reached home, and I bursted through the door. Mommy was cooking soup at the time, so my intrusion made her jumped and made her drop her spoon in the cauldron.
"Oh, applesauce!" she exclaimed calmly. She sighs and then says, "What is it now, dear? Were Buck and Steve bothering you again?"
"Uh huh." said I.
"*Sigh* What did they do this time?" she said in a irritated voice.
"Weeelll...," I then told her every detail of what happened.
"You shouldn't let those two get to your head, and what were doing outside the wall in the first place?" she questioned.
"I was out to visit Mrs. Jam." I responded.

Mrs. Jam is known for making her delicious jam. She's even known within the walls! The only pony that helps her is granddaughter Star. Star and Mrs. Jam are the only other ponies that truly like me. But for now I'll stop there.
"Well that's nice, but now it is time for supper." mother said.

After supper, mommy tried to teach me magic from her knowledge, but that didn't work very well, considering that she is a pegasus and not a unicorn. Mommy then tucked me in bed and sang a lulaby to me, but before I could fall asleep I had one thing to ask.
"Mommy?" I said.
"Yes, dear?" she said back.
"What am I?" I asked.
"I'm not sure son. But always remember that you are my child and nothing less." she calmy answered.

Upon hearing this my eyes slowly closed shut, and I fell asleep.