• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 2,174 Views, 38 Comments

Project Ultimate Life - chaoswisp1000



In a time when war tears Equestria into two sides, the few who remain loyal to harmony are about to complete what could be the end of the war, and the end of Equestria

  • ...
2
 38
 2,174

Waking Up, Breaking Out

"Careful with that!" The Project leader ordered. Watching as the final physical components of the "Cure" were added. It had been assumed that this "cure" was to be some sort of substance able to defeat the "corruption" that was spreading through Equestria, but half-way through the development a "corruption breach" had occurred. The corruption had made its way into the lab and mixed itself with some of the chemicals that were being used to create the "cure".

The contamination was to be contained, but before the scientists could successfully dispose of the mixture it was spilled onto one of the workers. The mixture had a profound effect on the pony, who was a unicorn. It completely re-configured his genetic structure, changed the color of his coat from a bright beige to an onyx black, it even changed his cutie mark, which had once been a test tube of bubbling liquid.

"Sir, the procedure is complete" one of the scientists stated, backing away from the new pony. Its mane styled into 3 short spikes, each one was curved like the blade of a knife. Adorning each spike was a red streak, the one on the top spike ran down the length of the pony's head to end between its eyes. His eyes were now more angular, and had a red streak that followed the corner of the eye. He had a thinner frame than before with longer legs and a smaller body, but anypony could see that he was no weakling.

Slowly the two eyes opened as the pony surveyed his surroundings.

"Where am I?" he asked. His voice was low almost like a whisper, but it carried an undertone of power that all the scientists heard.

The leader of the project stepped forward, inspecting the pony.

"You are in Canterlot Labs, may i ask you for your name?" he asked, not wanting to press for too much information at the moment.

"I have no identity, nor do I care for such a thing" the pony snarled back, his expression was still unnaturally calm though.

"I see" the lead scientist said turning to on of his assistants. "Notify the princesses that the project is complete, also inform them also that the cure is a living thing" he said.

"Right away sir!" the mare replied, racing off down the hallway on her way to the princesses.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to send a letter via magic sir?" one of the workers asked.

"It might have been, but with all the strange happenings that have occurred recently, we cant risk this" The stallion said, his eyes locking onto the the black and red unicorn.

"What do you mean by "project" is that all i am to you, the finished result of an experiment?" the unicorn asked a grown was now clearly evident in its voice.

"Not at all, we are all equals here, you are no exception" the scientist responded. But lingering in the back of his mind he couldn't help but wonder if this unicorn, through one small mistake, was superior to them all.