• Published 10th Oct 2013
  • 920 Views, 20 Comments

Everypony Needs A Smile. - SweetieTheBot



Pinkamena Diane Pie has a hard life living with her sisters, and now she has to deal with the ponies in school! Will she ever get by?

  • ...
0
 20
 920

3 - Stand Up Tall

The rest of the day went happily; she managed to ignore the ponies telling her how stupid she looked. Everything was so peachy, she decided to bounce everywhere she went, and she liked when her mane got all fluffy. Pinkamena bounced outside, and waited patiently for the bus to arrive.

Marble and Limestone walked out the school behind her, and Pinkamena prepared herself for an array of insults. But they never came. The only thing her sisters did was smirk at her, which made her worried, very worried.

Pinkamena sat with Lemonsugar on the bus, but they didn’t talk. Pinkamena just kept looking at her sisters, wondering what they were saying as they whispered to each other.

When Pinkamena arrived home, she opened the door to find her mother glaring at her, almost as if she was waiting for Pinkamena’s arrival.

“Oh, hello Mom.” Pinkamena said, and her mother sighed.

“Pinkamena, your sisters tell me that you’re being influenced at school.” Cloudy Quartz said sternly.

“Well, they’re right, if I wasn’t being influenced at school I wouldn’t leaning now would I?” Pinkamena said happily.

“No, Pinkamena. I got a call from Limestone that you were talking with a ‘Rainbow Dash’, and that she was telling you to break the rules.” Cloudy Quartz said, and Pinkamena gasped.

“I wasn’t breaking any rules! Me and Rainbow Dash are friends!” Pinkamena replied angrily.

Pinkamena’s mother got angrier. “You weren’t breaking any rules? Limestone tells me you are not paying attention in class, and you’ve been bouncing around like a ruffian! And you purposely messed up your mane! Who could have caused this out-of-line behavior if it wasn’t Rainbow Dash?!” Yelled Cloudy Quartz and Pinkamena scowled.

“Maybe I’m tired of being treated like I don’t exist! Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy and all my friends make me feel happy!” Pinkamena yelled.

Cloudy Quartz lowered her voice to a stern growl. “It doesn’t matter how you feel, Pinkamena. I forbid you from seeing Rainbow Dash and that’s that.

***

The next morning, Pinkamena didn’t want to get up. She watched silently from under her covers as her troll-looking sisters caked on more makeup in front of the mirror.

How come they’re so liked if they act like mean bullies? Pinkamena thought, watching them comb each other’s manes. Everypony seemed to like it when they bullied me, and acted as if they’ve never met me. She thought, and then her mind started to put things together. If everypony likes them because they’re bullies, why in Equestria do I want to be liked? Pinkamena got out from under her covers.

“Good morning, Pinks. Ready for another round of applause today?” Limestone snickered, and Pinkamena got up in her sister’s face.

“No, no I’m not ready. Because I don’t care if anypony likes me or laughs at me, I’m not a meanie-pants! I’m going to hang out with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy because they’re not big fat bullies!” Pinkamena shouted, and bounced down the stairs...without brushing her mane.

***

On the bus, Pinkamena didn’t sit by Treeroot. She wanted to sit by Dash, but Pinkamena didn’t see her on the bus. She probably rides on another bus. Pinkamena decided, and sat by herself, but this time she didn’t care that nopony was sitting by her.

Pinkamena hopped off the bus and ran into the school. She was excited for her first class; Mrs. Firefly was her favorite teacher.

Pinkamena entered the classroom, took her seat, and waited for Mrs. Firefly to enter.

She didn’t.

Instead, an old, grey, unicorn hobbled into the classroom and levitated a piece of chalk to the board.

“Today we will be practicing multiplying like fractions, and dividing-” The unicorn began, but was cut off by Pinkamena.

“Where’s Mrs. Firefly?” Pinkamena asked frantically.

“Excuse me, young lady, in my class we raise out hooves before speaking. Now back to what I was-” Said the unicorn, but stopped when Pinkamena raised her hoof and waved it frantically. “-saying. Yes, do you have something to say?” The unicorn said dryly.

Pinkamena nodded. “Yes, yes I do. Where is Mrs. Firefly?!” Pinkamena said, perhaps a bit louder than she should have.

The unicorn sighed, “If you must know, Mrs. Firefly was called back to Cloudsdale for a family emergency. She will be back next semester.” The unicorn said, and continued her sentence pertaining to the class.

But Pinkamena wouldn’t hear it; she couldn’t hear it. If Mrs. Firefly is gone, does that mean Rainbow is gone too? How will I survive the rest of the semester? Pinkamena was panicking, and by the time lunch came, she was trembling with nervousness.

Maybe if I be quiet on my way to the cafeteria, Marble and Limestone won’t see me. Pinkamena breathed deeply, and trotted down the hallway, as quietly as she could.

“Hey! Look! It’s Pinkamena and her horrible mane!” Somepony yelled, and Pinkamena turned to see the pony was Treeroot.

“Oh. Mygosh. She is so clueless when it comes to fashion.” Another jeered, and the cycle of yesterday went on, but this time Dash wasn’t there to help her.

“She’s not even wearing any makeup, is she insane?”

“I heard that she likes spitballs, what a dweeb!”

“She can’t even stand up for herself; she needs teeny little Rainbow Dash!”

Pinkamena clenched her eyes closed like yesterday, but this time she didn’t wait for Dash. Pinkamena opened her eyes, and stood up.

“Hey, I’m aware that my mane isn’t perfect, and I’m aware that I’m not wearing makeup, but I certainly don’t like spitballs.” Pinkamena shouted. The jeering crowd was taken aback.

“Yeah, I actually hate spitballs, why would anyone like them? I sure do know he likes them.” Pinkamena pointed to the red pony that sent the slimy ammo at her the day before. “I also don’t like bullies, but you all seem to love bullying. So I guess I won’t stop you, since you seem to enjoy picking off the weak so much, but I can tell you I don’t care. I really don’t.” Pinkamena said, she caught Marble and Limestone’s confused gaze at the back of the crowd.

“Because guess what? I LIKE my super-messy-poof-a-licious mane, I LIKE bouncing all over the place, and I LIKE keeping my face rid of cakey-greasy-ugly-chemicals. And nopony can change that.” Pinkamena said, and continued down the hall, but after a few steps, she turned back to the ponies.

“And by the way, it’s not Pinkamena. It’s Pinkie. Pinkie Pie.”

Author's Note:

Yaaay! -clapclapclap- The cliche was lived out! Weak pony stands up for herself without ayone to lean on! Yaaay!