• Published 25th Sep 2013
  • 529 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Imperishable Night. - Crulocrius of Honeycomb



While out in the Everfree forest with Trixie, Rarity finds herself stuck saving Equestria from one of the greatest threats it's ever faced.

  • ...
 4
 529

Where the Fireflies Fly.

Rarity used her telekinesis to take flight.Well it wasn't really flight so much as it was hovering. Only wings could bring about real flight. She entered the Everfree, Trixie also hovering by her side. Rarity fired magical spikes at any youkai she came across. Youkai were, in most cases, white pegasi in white gowns that could use magical attacks without a horn. They mostly had blonde manes and were, also with some exceptions, inherently evil.
As Rarity shot them down, the others retaliated with orbs and crystals of energy in a variety of patterns. As she took them out, absorbing their power allowed her to strengthen and spread out her magic spike attacks. Occasionally, some strange magical spinning blades would come from the east and west. Eventually, a stronger youkai appeared. It looked like a cross between a uncorn and a changeling ( although the unicorn showed a lot more). She had more powerful attacks, such as creating a half-circle of yellow magical squares and another of blue magical crystals after the first had split.
It didn't take this one long to retreat though. The battle lasted only about 30 seconds. After that, it was just a little while of the same barely formidable youkai.
" Ah, the moon sure is beautiful tonight." Rarity said.
" What? Are you kidding me?" Trixie replied, sounding agitated.
" Look at it. It's absolutely gorgeous! It's like... What was it called, the pascal moon?"
" The Great And Powerful Trixie envies your carefree manner. You even enjoy staring at the moon...
If there was somepony else I could bother, I would've never taken you along tonight!"
" If only." Rarity remarked to herself.
Suddenly, that weird youkai from before appeared. "come on, you two..." it said.
"we're enjoying it. Well at least I am." Rarity stated.
"Well, Trixie is enjoying herself, too! At least more than you, Rarity!"
" Didn't you just say the exact opposite?" the youkai responded in a pissed-off tone.
" Of course not. I'm not watching the moon, I'm.."
"Firefly watching, right?" Rarity chimed in.
"Almost, but not quite. Very perceptive of you."
"C'mon, I'll shoot first if you don't." The youkai interrupted. Rarity wished she could find out her name.
" It's more like firefly HUNTING" Trixie had a slightly evil smirk at this point.
Rarity began to fire upon the youkai using her magical spikes. She retaliated using a similar attack to the half-circle one from before, except it lasted longer. After only a few seconds, she changed strategies and started firing three beams of yellow energy balls at a time. Rarity recognized that she was using spell cards. Extremely powerful combat spells. Rarity managed to dodge them. All of the sudden a barrage of green magical crystals shot from a light green orb the youkai, who Rarity had decided to call Wriggle, had cast. She was just barely able to dodge them. Wriggle then starting creating rings of green magical crystals that expanded outward. They were easy to avoid. The next spell was just a large amount of yellow energy balls in an interesting pattern. Then the barrage of light blue energy balls, light blue magical crystals, and yellow magical crystals. This ended up proving to be a massive challenge.
Slowly but surely, Wriggle went down.

" You realize that firefly hunting is about catching them, not beating them up, right?"
" The Great And Powerful Trixie wanted to catch it, but you went and squashed it!"
" This is hardly any fun... Don't get me wrong, I was just dodging it." Rarity said.
And on that note, they went delved further into the Everfree Forest.

Author's Note:

Sorry about how inconsistant Trixy was. I only had her refer to herself in the third person when it wouldn't sound stupid. So what do you think? Any mistakes I need to correct.