• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 2,018 Views, 21 Comments

My Little Fluttershy - Fluttershy91



Fluttershy falls through a transdimensional rip, created by the once banished princess of the undead hour, Skullmena Crossbones. Awakening as a filly in a strange world, she crashes her way into the life of a love-scarred bachelor.

  • ...
6
 21
 2,018

Chapter 1 - Worlds Apart

My Little Fluttershy ^_^

Ch 1 - Worlds Apart

“Why?... why would you?" Tears flow freely down her cheek, "you haven't change a bit... I don't even... I don't know why I even got back together with you."

I stood there watching her cry, listening to her broken hearted accusations with tears streaming down her face and choking her voice. I stood there in front of a scene that would make anyone crack in empathy, in front of a beautiful girl crying tears of her shattered life. I stood there not caring in the slightest. "Hey, in my defense, she was basically asking to get nailed. No way I'm going to pass that up"

“Ugh!" She exclaims, taken aback, "she's my sister and I'm your girlfriend!"

“Correction" I smile 'politely', mocking her, "you WERE my girlfriend... yesterday."

More tears, "so you're dumping me?!"

"Yeah, but you can come by my bedroom anytime you want," I wink and point to my room, "in fact now wouldn't be such a bad time."

"Ugh, you know what? I'm happy this is over," she says through her tears, "you're a pig." And with that she storms out of the house, a crying mess.

I sit back in my leather armchair and light up a cigarette. Ahhh this is the life. Girls, a cigarette, and alcohol, I take a swig from a can at the foot of the couch. If there's anything more to life, I don't want to know about it. The room in front of me is my work of art, a testament to my life style. A huge 77" TV screen sits on one wall, another lined with a mix of video games and explicit movies. There's only one seat in the room, my recliner, with a mini fridge in arms reach. There's nowhere to sit for anyone but me, and not because of lack of space. The kitchen has one chair, the porch has one seat, and the queen sized bed in my room has one pillow and only enough covers for one. This is my masterpiece, my castle, my fortress of solitude. It's where I take the girls when I want to show them ‘There's only room for one person in my life, and that person is me. Last night? Yeah, I lied, and yeah, it was just a hook up.’ They usually take the hint.

My phone buzzes, it's a returned text from some girl I met the other night. I think her name's Cathy, but who cares. There's only one thing I remember about her. She's hella tight.

"Yes, I would love to meet up later. That's my favorite coffee shop" I send back.

'I don't even know that place... must be across town.’ I take another gulp from the can and look up the location on my phone, then search for motels around the area. 'Looks like I'm all set to score again tonight.’

I finish the can, drop my cigarette in, and crush it into a disk. I saucer it towards the trash bucket and it sinks in a perfect swish. The can triggers a buzzer and an artificial audience cheers.

Now, to the average person, I probably look like a heartless animal with no emotion. Well, that average person would be sooo right. I've been through so many girls, I can hardly go into a bar without being given a dirty look by some chick I don't even remember. And I love it. Sure there was that little conscience that cried out every once in... well, never. "I don't have a conscience," I say aloud, wanting to believe it. Did I have a conscience? I know I used to... until she ripped it out of me.

BZZZT my vibrating phone interrupts my thoughts. It was Casey... or was it Caitlyn, the name's not important.

"Gr8 :) be there @ 7. I'll be waiting ;)"


The winky face said it all. I was definitely getting some tonight. But 7 wasn't for another two hours, so I had time.

First to get rid of the cigarette smell. I'd hate to ruin my chances just because she finds out smoke. If I remember right, she was a bit of a nature lover. Either way, most girls hate the scent, which is why I always keep a couple handy in case I a girl gets too clingy; The perfect repellant.

I take a quick shower, scrubbing the scent away. I only smoke once or twice a day, so the smell isn't so strongly ingrained. The warm water relaxes me and as I close my eyes, I think of the past week.

Four girls isn't bad for seven days, even if the third was only a 6 and a half. And this girl... Chelsea? She's a definite 10, so that should make up for it. We met earlier this week, before I got with my ex's sister.

A bunch of my guys and I ran into her group of friends. We chatted them up and got together for the night. Plenty of laughing, playing, and definitely a lot of drinking. I hit it off with... Cindy? whatever her name was, pretty well and offered to take her home, hoping to score with the chick. I was planning on a little bit of an "after party" at her house, just me and her. But turns out, her roommate was there and that didn't work out. Even hinted for a 3 way before dodging a slap in the face. I smile at the thought.

But tonight I wasn't going to let that happen again. This girl was too good to lose a second time.

With the shower finished, I grab a pair of ripped jeans and a solid grey tee, throwing a teal plaid button up over it. The mirror reflects a well-built 22 year old with brownish blonde hair. The hair falls over my face in a rough 'just out of bed' style. Dark green eyes stare back at me, the type of eyes that look like they could glow in the dark. In general, I had a warm, friendly look about me. One that got the girls and made it easy to get them to bed. I've been described as handsome, cute, and often hot. Well, that's until I show who I really am... then they pretty much all use the same word, and it rhymed very well with "glass bowl.”

There's still some time to kill, so I sit down and take out my phone. Zero messages... now what. Trying to pass the time, I scroll through the long list numbers in my contacts. I don't recognize most of them: hook ups and old one night stands. I really needed to clean out the list some time; half of them don't even have names. I pass a name I recognize and snicker, thinking of the night I had with her. I continue down the long list of names and numbers, remembering some, not knowing most.

Then I see Crystal's number...

I pause, staring at the name. A mix of love and hatred courses through me with every memory of her as I think of our time together. She was the perfect girl, everything I could ever ask for. Beautiful, smart, kind... she meant the world to me and there was nothing we didn't share. But she left me... found someone else and ran away, stealing my heart and any ounce of trust I ever owned with it.
She's the reason I stopped caring about love... Why I'm such a... Glassbowl.

And she took Skip...

Melancholy washes over me like a powerful wave as the beginnings of a tear form in my eye.

My phone vibrates. It's the girl again... Still can't remember the name "r we still on for 7?"

I look at the time... 6:40 already? Where does all the time go? "Yeah, c u there" I reply as I grab my jacket and a cigarette and head out the door, Crystal all but forgotten. My coat snags on the handle and as I pull it free I get another text

"Don't be late, I have a surprise for u :) "

The place is a 5 minute cab ride or a 15 minute walk, but It's a nice day, so I decide to walk it. The city streets are filled with the scent of car exhaust and fast food, an exotic mix of grease and smog that's probably near toxic. I think it smells like home.
The walls of the stores I pass are covered in distasteful graffiti, some of which is my own work from earlier times. The only greenery is the occasional tree, vandalized with obscenities and rude drawings etched into the bark.

I reach the coffee shop with time to spare so I take out my lighter. I deftly flip a cigarette over my fingers from my jeans pocket, playing with it back and forth over my hand. I'm debating whether to light it up when I receive another text.

"I'm inside, u dummy :P"

I hide the cigarette and turn around to see her smiling and waving at me through the shop's tinted glass. I smile back, putting on my nice guy facade. I fix myself up quickly and walk casually into the shop. Our eyes catch as I head towards her booth and she blushes, eyes flitting down towards the table.

"Hey Drake," she says in a low shy voice. "I wanted to say thank you again for getting me home. My roommate says I was a total wreck."

I don't remember her being shy... That time we met, she was pretty outgoing. I mean, she wasn't exactly the loudest girl there but she definitely wasn't shy.

"Some of my friends were taken advantage of... I'm lucky you were so nice and took me home," she's blushing; her pale skin tinged a bright pink.

She was lucky... lucky her roommate was there. At least she didn't tell her about the three way.

"I was worried. You were so out of it and I wouldn't want a girl like you getting hurt." The lie comes out smooth and rolls easily off my tongue.

"Awww, thank you," she says shyly. "I'm gonna go get a cocoa, you want anything?"

"Yeah, thanks, a caramel latte would be nice." I hand her a 5 and she goes to counter.

While she orders our drinks, I check her out again. She's stunningly beautiful, a word I don't often use anymore. Her light brown hair is highlighted with blonde and a streak or two of bright pink. She has it tied up in a pony with cute bangs brushed to one side, almost covering one of her bright blue eyes. She wears a skyblue knee length skirt and a matching designer top under a black jacket. Nothing revealing, yet she's still incredibly hot.

She thanks the girl at the counter in her low voice that sounds so damn cute. Since Crystal, I don't usually fall for girls, ever, as a rule. 'So this one will be no exception,' I tell myself. She hands me my drink and takes a sip of hers. "You said you had a surprise for me?" I ask as she sits down, hoping it's still what I came for.

"Oh, yes," she smiles all excited "I started work at the animal shelter yesterday. Isn't that great!?"

That's the surprise? Damn, I guess I wasn't gonna score.

"Oh, and they said they need some more workers and I was wondering if you wanted to join. They pay really well there... unless you wanna volunteer like me."

'Come on Drake,' I tell myself 'you can turn this around.’ "I'd love to join. I'll definitely think about it." A blatant lie, but she totally buys it

"Oh, you're the best, Drake. We could really get to know each other while we work and maybe we can…" she stops, shies away a bit, and plays with her hair "if... if that's ok with you".

The shyness is beginning to get me because it just doesn't make sense.

"Sure, that'd be great..." I pause, then say tentatively "you know... you didn't seem so shy the night we met."

"Oh," she giggles uncomfortably, "it's just... I was with those girls. They pressured me into drinking. I usually don't..." She looks down at her skirt, embarrassed.

Looks like she's going be more work than I usually put in, but damn if she won't be worth it. With a face like that and such a hot body, there is no way I'm gonna let this one slip through my fingers.

The lull in conversation brings more red to her cheek and she sips her cocoa trying to escape the silence.

"Do you come here often?" I ask, breaking the awkward pause.

"Not as much as I'd like to," she says, relieved the quiet is over. "I'm always so busy. Between my job, college, and helping at the animal shelter, there's so little time."

"What are you studying college?" I ask, feigning interest. Maybe I was interested, I don't know. I've been playing this game too long to tell the difference.

"I'm studying to be a veterinarian." Her face lights up as she says it. "I just love animals and I really hope that helping them can be what I do some day." She blushes, "but that's too much about me, what do u do?"

The question catches me off guard. I don't really have a set job. "Kinda just do a little bit of this and that."

"Like what?" She asks, genuine interest clear in her tone as she nurses her cocoa.

"I do freelance instrumentals. You know, like if some guy only does vocals but can't play, he'll contact me and I'll make a track to fit his lyrics. It's good money... when I get customers".

"That sounds so fun. Wait... you don't play ALL the instruments, do you?" She asks, obviously impressed by the thought of someone who can play every instrument.

"Not all, but I do the drums, bass, and guitar," I say, bragging a little. "I record it in my home studio. But if I the track needs anything else, I know some guy for almost anything, from piano to cowbell"

"Cowbell?" She giggles then blushes, playing with the pink strands of her hair. "Wow, that's a pretty sweet job".

We sit there a while, chatting over the hot drinks. Then she looks at her watch and frowns, "I'm so sorry, I promised my friend I'd study with her later. So I kinda have to go."

"Aww, so soon?" This didn't go as planned at all. "Ok, go study. But this was nice, you think we can do it again sometime?"

She blushes, clutching her shoulder, "oh, um ok." She looks up with a shy smile, "tomorrow same time?"

"Sounds good to me," I reply happily, masking my disappointment.

I'm usually a "one and done" type of guy, but I guess meeting with her two times wouldn't be that bad... Still don't know her name. Then again, still don't really care.

"You wanna go to my place and chill a bit first?" I ask, in a last ditch attempt.

"Oh... That would be...." She says nervously "I mean I would but...." She whispers something inaudible "but if you want... I guess." She looks really uncomfortable and she obviously doesn't want to.

Normally, I don't care much for feelings, but she's making it hard for me to not care. Still, here's my chance.

I act like I didn't hear the reluctance in her voice. "Awesome, let's head over."

A squee escapes her lips and she flushes red, "I'm so sorry I can't!!!" She gets up quickly, knocking down her drink, and runs off crying, face in her hand.

"Wait, come back C..." Damn what's her name. She's already out the door when I see the name on her cup... "Cynder Skyline".


**********************************************

A quick repetitive thump stirs me from sleep. I rub my tired eyes and stretch my legs. Angel stands at the side of my bed impatiently, thumping his left leg against the ground, "Oh, hi there Angel bunny. Good morning."

The sun shines brightly, filtering through the cottage windows as I stretch. Songbirds flit across the sky, their sweet songs carried in by the morning breeze. I try to hum along with them to myself, but a yawn interrupts me.

I lift gently out of bed and fly over to my dresser. I fix up my pink mane in the mirror and preen a stray feather from my peachy colored wings. I smile at my reflection, then blush at how cheesy it looks.

Angel tugs at my leg, and points towards the forest, a look of urgency on his face.

"What's wrong? The Everfree Forest?" I shudder, "oh... no no, I'm sorry angel. Twilight said we can't go into the forest."

Twilight had told all the ponies something about low frequency quantum waves of dark energy coming from the forest. I don't know what those are, but they don't sound nice, not at all.

Angel thumps again and tugs harder "I'm sorry Angel bunny but Twilight said no." I pat him gently and walk over to the window. The sky sparkles over Ponyville, not a cloud in sight. "Oh, it's so beautiful," a small bird swoops by and lands on the sill, "Good morning little robin." The bird chirps a little tune in greeting,
"Are you hungry Mr. robin. I'll go get you some yummy seeds to munch on."

Angel is still persistent trying to drag my leg but he isn't having much luck. "Angel, you’re going to tire yourself out and you don't want to be tired on such a beautiful day. Please eat your breakfast. I have a nice delicious carrot, just for you."

The bunny sniffs the carrot tentatively, nibbles it, and knocks it out of my hoof. He points outside towards the forest again and crosses his little arms. "I would take you, Angel, but Twilight said no" a white lie... Sometimes it's nice to not be as truthful as Applejack, "but please eat, Angel. We have a big day today."

Rarity had planned a picnic day at the park and everypony was going to bring their pets. Angel wasn't exactly a pet, but he was my favorite animal friend, even if he was stubborn.

I give a hoofful of seeds to the bird, smiling "there you go little guy". I turn around to see Angel roll his eyes. He's given up trying to pull me, but not on getting me to go. He chatters on about something, using his tiny hands to try and explain why he wants to go, but I can't understand. "There's another bunny? a lost animal? an injured squirrel? ooooh, I don't know."

Angel shakes his head, upset that I don't get it. A knock at the door catches my attention and I look up, then turn back to the bunny. "I'm sorry Angel, but it doesn't matter, we can't go because twilight said not to." I sigh and walk towards the door "Now eat up and then we can go for a walk before Rarity's picnic".

Through the window I see a blonde mail pony with um... unique eyes. "Oh hi there Derpy," I chime as I open the door for her, "would you like to come in?"

"No siree," she replies with a determined look on her face "I've got a job to do, and I'm not gonna mess up this time." Derpy digs her muzzle into a blue mailbag hanging from her shoulder, coming up with a letter between her teeth. "Delivery for a Ms. Fluttershy!" she declares proudly, placing the letter into my hooves. "Oh and there's one more thing," she dives back into the bag.

I look at the letter, the address written in fancy silver lettering. Another I notice about the address is that it isn't mine. "Um excuse me.... Derpy?"

"Ah ha! Got it!" Derpy whips a magazine out of the bag triumphantly with a little too much enthusiasm. I squee as it knocks into a vase which falls over, shattering into a mess of glass, water, and flowers. "Oops," Derpy says apologetically, "I'm really very sorry"

"It's ok Derpy," I assure her in a shy voice "but um... This letter, it's...um for Rarity." I must've been talking too low because she doesn't seem to hear.

"No worries Fluttershy, you have a great day too". And with that she flies off.

"Oh Derpy," I sigh, guess I'll just deliver this myself during the picnic.

Speaking of the picnic, where has Angel gone off to? I search around my cottage, only to find the carrot still where he left it. Then I spot him outside, motioning for me to come and looking at an imaginary watch on his hand. "Ok, ok I'm coming Angel bunny".

When I reach him, he's thumping his foot again, a look of impatience on his face. He points to the forest, motions with his tiny paws for me to follow, and hops quickly towards the trees

"Angel, please stop... Please, not the forest."

My eyes follow the bunny as he hops into the tall forest trees. While the whole sky is sunny, a swirling thick cloud hovers ominously over the Everfree Forest. A lump forms in my throat and I swallow it... I really don't like that forest.

I chase after him, flying as fast as my wing can carry me "oh please stop Angel. I'll make your favorite, a triple scoop banana split with a cherry on top." But there's no response, Angel just keeps on running deeper into the forest. "Two cherries on top?... Three?" Angel stops, considers, but shakes his head and continues sprinting into the darkness.

As I follow him, the sunlight fades under the heavy branches, the forest engulfing us in near darkness. I lose sight of Angel as he disappears into the shadows and suddenly I realize I'm all alone... in the dark... in middle of the Everfree forest.

I start to shiver uncontrollably, fear creeping into the corners of my mind. I call for Angel, my voice quivering and extremely high pitch. My wings shake so hard, they can't keep me aloft and I fall with a light squeal, landing clumsily on my stomach. "Oh Angel where are you?"

I let out a shriek as I feel something wrap around my leg. Then I hear the thumping and I sigh with relief as I realize it's just Angel.

"Ok bunny, I'm here... But what did you bring me here for?"

My eyes take a little longer to adjust, but when they do, I see Angel pointing up, towards a strange orb.

The orb is perfectly spherical and pitch black. Its edges are luminescent and soft, as if they radiated darkness that faded as it traveled. It felt strange... Kind of like a light emitting darkness; an inverse lightbulb.

"You found it Angel..." I say shivering "I think this is what twilight was talking about. But I was so worried you were going to get hurt. please don't run away next time."

Angel rolls his eyes again, but then rubs against my leg. "Apology accepted," I say smiling. "Let's go home now. We have to tell Twilight"

I turn toward the orb for one last closer look. A horrible smell fills my snout and my eyes begin to water. It's so unnatural, a scent of destruction and decay... and it seemed to be killing the forest. The branches close to the orb were shriveled dry, suffocated by the terrible odor. Those slightly further were clearly drooping, life slowly drained by the orb. The sight made me want to cry.

"Wh wha what do you think it is, Angel?... Angel?!?" I look around frantically, the bunny nowhere in sight. My wings carry me upward and I frantically begin to search the area, darkness making it almost impossible to see. "Angel, oh... Where did you go?"

A thumping sound accompanied by squeaking, echoes through the area and I spot him. He's on a tree limb, over the orb, trying to get a closer look. "Angel, be careful. Please come down."

He crosses his arms and shakes his head, then looks closely at the orb. I hover carefully towards him. As I get closer, I notice the orb in more detail. Tiny bits of light whiz off the branches towards the center of the orb, the darkness absorbing the trees' life force. The entity pulsates hypnotically, glowing black light oscillating in intensity. It draws me in slowly, the beautiful darkness beckoning to me welcomingly.

A squeal pierces the air and I look quickly towards angel, who is dangling from a paw. "Angel! Ooooh Hold on." I close my eyes, scared as I speed towards the branch. I open them to land on the branch lightly, pulling angel up to safety. He hugs my leg and I smile as he scampers down the tree.

"Can we go home now, Angel?" I ask, when suddenly the branch cracks and I'm falling... Falling through the orb, into nothingness.