• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 482 Views, 12 Comments

Doctor Whooves 1: The Shadows of Ponyville - Laura Heartstrings



Derpy Hooves is having an ordinary day, That is, until she receives a mysterious journal, containing Pinkie Pie's adventures with a mysterious stallion named the Doctor.

  • ...
1
 12
 482

Shadows Underground


Chapter 7:

“Well okay then.”

An idea was forming in my head “hey Doctor, you have a lot of different thing in your big blue box right?”

“Yes. why?”

“ If there was something in there that could hack into Ponyvilles main power supply then we could send a giant surge of electricity through out the town causing all the lights to turn on brighter than they normally could then boom! No more Vashta Nerada!”

The Doctor smiled “I have just the thing!” he whipped out the sonic screwdriver

“So the sonic screwdriver hacks into things? But then how did it tell you that they were vashta Nerada? Are vashta Nerada like little computers design to eat things? Did you make them? Is this your fault? But why would you make microscpic computers designed to eat things? Maybe you were trying to get rid of something! But what? I know! there was something really bad that was eating all of your stuff So you designed the Vashta Nerada to eat it but then they went hay wire and killed your best friend so you followed them to this universe to destroy them it all makes sense now!”

“What? No! the sonic screwdriver can also scan things! It can hack into computers and things but that’s not the only thing it does!”

“So the Vashat Nerada aren’t robots?”

“No!”

“You sure?”

“Yes!”

“Oh. So…” I was interrupted by a brown hoof in my mouth.

“I’m just going to stop you there. The Vashta Nerada are completely independent creature that were not created by anyone. Pony. Alright?” I nodded “Now do you know where you can access Ponyvilles main power supply?”

I nodded “id om mham stphreet tafe a rirft am fem you took a…” he pulled his hoof out of my mouth “Thank you! Now follow me!” I skipped down the street.”

We raced down the streets, not running into any skeleton on the way interestingly enough, in fact there was hardly any Vashta Nerada either.


I stopped, wel I guess I must of stopped very suddenly, because the Doctor rammed into me and we tumbled on the ground.

“We’re here!” I announced with a smile.

“Great.” The Doctor rubbed his head. I trotted over to the access panel an threw it off, breaking the window of the store that was next to me.

I turned to the Doctor “Ready?”

“GERONIMO!” He shouted Jumping into the hole

I laughed, Jumping in after him.




I landing with another impressive survival roll. The bottom of the shaft was dark but There was nothing down there accept for me and the Doctor, who was clearly visible with the 3D glasses, because he was covered in void stuff.

“Okay, landing as a pony is not that easy.” He grunted as he got up.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

I looked around for a light switch “Found it!” The tunnel lights flickered to life. “Ready?”

“Let’s do this.” We went down the illuminated corridor. It was Quite, a little too quiet. The hum of the generators stopped and the tunnel went pitch black.

“Well I can’t see a thing!” I complained.

“Hang on a second.” The doctor pulled out his sonic screwdriver and a green light lit up the corridor. “Who turned off the lights?” The Doctor giggled

“What?”

“Nothing.”

“Okay.” Now the tunnel looked really spooky and dark, completely different than it usually did. “Umm… doctor?”
There were two skeletons, who had presumably been Security guards, Blocked the path in front of us.

“Right.Um Hello!” The Doctor walked towards them.

“What are you doing?” I asked

“You will not pass.”

“Right, well that doesn’t really matter, all I want to do is talk

“Trickery!”

“No. Now listen, There are clearly millions, no, trillions of you, and what happens if you keep eating ponies? Than there will be more and more of you and eventually you would have wiped a whole planet barren, a planet that could very well have had a bright future, a planet that could have changed this universe, not only that but you would have to find another planet with more lifeforms to eat and eventually there would be nothing to eat and you would all starve, and all of the vashta Nerada would be dead. Now how does that make you feel?”

“Well than what do YOU think we should do?” The skeleton asked sassily.

“Well…”

I interrupted “The Everfree forest!”

“What?” The Vashta Nerada and the Doctor said at the same time

“The Everfree forest! It’s a huge forest just south of here! It’s very dark, and you Vashta Nerada could join the food chain in their!”

The three looked at me.

“Pinkie Pie, that is brilliant!” The Doctor turned to the skeletons “It’s a win win situation, the Ponies get to live, and you have food! What do you say?”

They thought about it for a second, or they were just silent, either one.

“There are millions of us, how do you purpose to convince all of us?”

“I convinced you now didn’t I?”

“We shall proceed to this Everfree forest immediately” The skeletons left.

“Theres no more Vashta Nerada in here

“Brilliant! Now Pinkie, we have to get the exact same message across to the rest of the Vashta Nerada before Everyone…”

“Pony” I corrected

“Pony is eaten.”

“How?”

“We shout very loudly.”

“I like your thinking!”

We made our way back up the ladder, and the sky looked a lot darker.

“Doctor, I can’t see town halls roof.”

“Their slowly making their way down to the ground, pretty soon we won’t be able to see anything!”

“Well than, we’d better start shouting.” I grinned “Ready?”

The Doctor grinned back “Let’s do this.” He turned to the sky “Listen, Vashta Nerada” He paused “And you’d better listen, What we have to say is important for both species, Ponies and Vashta Nerada.”

“We are listening Doctor.” The Vashta Nerada sounded like they were everywhere and nowhere all at once, it was creepy.

“Good, There are clearly trillions of you, and If you keep on eating ponies there will be more and more of you, And the more of you there are the more food it will take to feed you all, and eventually you would have destroyed every life-form on this planet, a whole world turned into a desolate wasteland just so you could feed your own bellys? Now to me that sounds like a huge waste, So many innocent lives of ponies that could have done great things, a whole planet bursting with potential, and you would have destroyed it, and once everything on this planet is gone, you’ll have to find another planet, then another and another, I’ve seen this before and the destruction never ends!”

There were a few moments of silence “What do you propose? We must eat, everything must eat or it will starve.”

“ Yes I get that! Pinkie had a brilliant idea!”

“Oh, right, well Equestria has lots of woodland, and I mean we are talking, LOTS of woodland, very shaded, lots of different things to eat and you could just join the food chain there, stable food source, you wouldn’t have to worry about finding another planet, it’s a simple solution!”

“Pink Pony, there are more of us than you or the Doctor could count in your lifetimes put together, and you believe that we could fit in a few measly forests?”

“Well than some of you could go find another planet, on completely covered in forests, just don’t go destroying planets so you can eat!”

“But other planets may not have the same energy as here; this energy has made us stronger.”

“So THAT’S how you’ve been working together so easily, the unified speaking, the huge cloud, how you all seem to know where were going to be, how you can move around so easily in the skeletons! Of course! Anyways I don’t care, this planet is under my protection and I will not let you destroy it!””
They considered this for a moment “we were told that you were the only threat to this new food source, and that when you said something was under your protection that you could wipe us out in a few minutes.”

“By who?” The Doctor seemed caught off guard by this

“You have many enemies Doctor, be warned, the Doctor of Discord is coming.” The veil of Darkness that covered Ponyville broke apart in all different directions, some towards everfree, some up in the sky, some towards other forests.

“What?” The Doctor stood there blinking “That’s it? 'Oh hey you’re serious okay have an ominous riddle bye!' Really?”

“I don’t know what to tell you.” I sat down next to him “Think they’ll cause anymore trouble?”

He shook his head “They shouldn’t.”

“That’s good.” Wow. The amount of silence that day was just astounding.

“Well, which way back to that bakery?”

“This way!”

The bakery was extremely messy, not only did it have a huge hole in the floor, but the debris from the crash were everywhere, there were two mangled skeletons on the floor, flour from the day before, muffin crumbs were everywhere eon the table the Doctor had been sitting/sleeping at, and for some reason there were broken plates everywhere.

“So what are you going to do, gonna park your TARDIS on a cloud and let the world pass you by like you planned?”

“Well, it’s a whole new universe to explore; I think it’s a perfect chance for a new start!”

“So you’re going to go around saving more worlds like you did today?”

“It’s kind of a normal thing for me. Well than see you!” He walked into his blue box. I stared at the box a bit then went over to the cupboard to get the broom.

“Unless of course, you want to come with me?” The Doctor poked his head out of the TARDIS.

“What?”

“Well, I’ve kind of missed travelling with someone, or pony or whatever.”

“ You want me to travel through time and space with you?”

“Yes.”

“Oki Doki Loki!” I bounced over there

“So you’re coming?”

“Why not? It’s a time machine! It’s not like we can’t come back five minutes after this right? What have I got to lose?”

He beamed “Brilliant! All of time and Space, Where do you want to go first?”

End of Adventure one.