• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 2,042 Views, 26 Comments

Earth Vs. Equestria - Vero Moonlight



Earth meets Equestria on the battle field!

  • ...
4
 26
 2,042

Chapter 2: Transmissions

“There's a planet in the sky!” Twilight hollers as she gallops through the long hall.

“I know, Twilight.”

The student slows her pace as she nears Celestia by the window. Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack, and Spike circle around the window behind their friend.

“H-how can it be?” Fluttershy inquires cautiously as she stops next to her friend.

“I've never seen magic like this before! Except...” Rarity trails off.

“There's no way it can be Discord!” Dash swoops down and shouts.

“Well how do yoouuu know?” Pinkie starts off on one of her usual tangents. “I mean, Discord does do weird stuff like this. Remember the dancing bison! I remember the dancing bison. Weren't they wearing tutus? Or did it have something to do with maracas?”

“Dash's right, Pinkie. Discord's still stone in the garden. Right, Princess?” Twilight turns to her mentor.

“I do believe so.”

“Well, maybe we should check. Ya'know, just to be sure,” AJ adds.

Everypony nods in agreement.

***

“Yep, still stone!” Pinkie shouts after knocking her hoof on Discord's leg.

“If it's not Discord, then what's causing this?” Spike asks.

Nopony replies because nopony knows the answer.

“I see I'm not the only pony wondering if maybe this is the doing of Sir Discord!” Luna flies in and announces in the royal Canterlot voice.

“No, my sister. You are not,” Celestia responds.

Luna walks up to the statue and looks it directly in his eyes.

“Who else could be responsible for this.”

“He's stone, Luna. There's no way it can be him!” Rarity states.

“Well, how would we know if we don't ask him?” Luna says.

“What?” Everypony says in unison.

Before anypony could stop her, Luna released a magical burst of energy that caused to stone to crack. And crack. And crack. And light began to shine through each crack until the stone burst away leaving a very living Discord.

“Oh... what's this? I'm not stone anymore!” The draconequus states with joy.

“What have you done?!” Rarity shrieks to the darker princess.

Ignoring the white pony, Luna trots up to Discord and continues in the royal Canterlot voice, “Gaze into the sky and tell me thou seeth!”

With an air of nonchalance, he looks up, gives the planet a strange looks, and looks back to the small crowd. “I see, I see. Is there a new princess or something?”

“No, Discord!” Celestia pushes past her sister, clearly suppressing anger. “Is this your doing?”

“I was stone, in case you forgot. It wasn't exactly possible for me to do much,” The draconequus slithered off his pedestal and towards the princess.

Before the scene, quickly approaching creepy, could get any worse, Twilight's horn began to grow and she shouts, “Everypony! There's... there's something... I can't quite explain! It's... it's... some sort of message!”

“What is it?” Celestia asks eagerly.

“I... can't quite tell,” The violet tinted pony says under the strain of trying. “Is there anyway to enhance it?”

“Yes!” Luna answers first. “Celestia, do you remember that old crystal?”

“My sister! You're right! Everypony, hurry! Follow me!”

They ran back into the palace. Every last one of them followed the beautiful pony into the basement. Through closed doors hides a glimmering crystal as stunning as the sun. It stands tall and huge in the center of a massive room.

“Oh, my. It's beautiful.” Fluttershy says.

Rainbow Dash just stares with an awe-inspired “Woah.”

Rarity's eyes grow as wide as her smile.

“It's so bright!” Pinkie shouts.

“What is it?” Spike says his eyes almost as wide as Rarity's.

“I've never seen anything like this in any of my books.” Twilight states.

“This,” Princess Celestia says with a relief-filled voice, “Is a magical crystal that was made on the same day as all of Equestria. It is the origin of magic and is a hundred times more powerful than any unicorn horn. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. Thank you so much, Luna.”

“Psh, it's not that cool,” Discord says with a jealous sigh that goes ignored.

“Come Twilight,” Celestia guides her student closer to the ancient crystal. The young pony's horn begins to glow and pulse with the crystal. Her eyes light up and suddenly the ceiling is ablaze with the image of two strange creatures. Everypony looks up at them as they begin to speak. “My name is January Li and I am contacting you on the behalf of Planet Earth. Your planet is now visible in the skies to every creature with eyes on our planet. We wish to know who you are and how you got here, and continue on in peace.” Then the second strange creature continues, “And my name is Lyra Parker, I am also, clearly, a human, and I... personally, if possible, would like to know how your planet appeared in our sky and why. Thank you. And again, peace.”

The room grows dim as the message disappears.

“Are those hideous things from that planet?” Rarity asks.

“Oh, com'on now. They're not that ugly... if you close your eyes.” Apple Jack says.

“Ooo! Maybe they'll be our friends!! We should send a message too!” Pinkie starts jumping up and down.

“Yes, we must! If we don't respond, it could give them the wrong impression!” Luna declares.

“I agree,” Celestia adds before using her magic to make the crystal glow and pulse again. “My name is Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria. We too can see your planet, but do not yet know how this happened.”

AJ steps forward, “We don't want war either, so if ya'll stay peaceful, so will we.”

“And we can be friends! Best friends! Oh my! Oh my! I've never had friends that weren't from Equestria before! This is gonna be so supertasticly spectacular!!” Pinkie bounces around.

The response then rocketed through space towards the unaware humans.

***

Back on Earth...

“We're not alone in the universe!” A man shouts as he runs into NASA command.

“What?” The director asks confused.

“They've made contact!” The messenger replies.

“Well, play it then!” The director commands.

The messenger plugs a flash drive into a computer and plays the message on the screen.

It starts to play, and they can hear perfectly, but only snow is visible on the screen.

“Why aren't their aliens on my monitor?” The director sighs.

“We didn't receive any visuals. It could have gotten lost in space.” The messenger clarifies.

When the transmission ends, the director asks one more thing. “Did somebody send them a message?”

Linux stands up and points out, “Well, there are 7 billion people on this planet, and any space agency or backyard astronomer could have sent a message. Or even possibly, a television show or radio station! Who knows.”

Suddenly, the doors burst open and marines pour in, guns cocked. At their tail is a well-decorated solider. Every scientist in the room puts their hands up except the director who yells, “What in Sam's heck is going on!?”

“My name is General Washburn.” The solider speaks up. “I've been dispatched by the president to take control of this situation. A radio silence has been issued across the nation, and the only news every man, woman, and child in America is gonna see on their TV screen is news about that rock! Now, we need some astronauts.”