• Published 15th Aug 2013
  • 615 Views, 6 Comments

The Stars in Her Eyes. - OzoPoni



I'll never forget her, so long as I live.

  • ...
3
 6
 615

The Great

I was there in the crowd watching the blue unicorn on stage. It was a sight to behold: the way her cape waved in the wind, and her pose against the bright fireworks behind her. I cheered like the other ponies and stamped my hooves in the dirt. But that was hours before, and her magic carriage was now in front of me.

I was nervous: I looked around as if trying to find something to stop me. I kicked the dirt with my hoof. I looked up and hoped to see her, but I never did. I felt like a stalker; like I was following her every move and violating her. But I wasn't trying to. I wanted to get to know her.

I wanted to spend time with her like normal ponies, ever since my cousin Zo Zo and I saw her as little ones. I had to stand up tall and be a brave pony. This may be my last chance to meet The Great and Powerful Trixie. Before I knew it, I was in front of the carriage. I swallowed hard and knocked gently.

After one second of knocking, I immediately figured she wasn't going to answer, so I turned around and started to walk off when I heard the door open. "Yes? What is it?" she called out. I turned and saw her. She was even more beautiful without the cape and hat. I stumbled on my words, trying to figure out what to say, but she spoke again. "The Great and Powerful Trixie doesn't like being disturbed!" she shot me a nasty look.

Oh no, I made her angry. "Uh, um. Hi." was all I managed to spill out.

She cocked her head in confusion, "You bother Trixie while she is relaxing and all you have to say is 'Hi'?"

"No!" I gulped, "I- I'm-" I looked up at her nervously before collapsing to the ground in front of her, "I'm your biggest fan!"

"Well, well, a fan? I suppose you want an autograph." She flipped her mane with her hoof. By Celestia's sun, she's gorgeous.

"Oh that would be great!" I stopped myself, I didn't want to seem more obsessive. "But I was just wanting to meet you. My cousin and I saw one of your first shows. We were little then, and I've been a fan since."

"My first show's were when I was just a filly!" Surprise and interest were replacing the anger and irritation in her voice. "And you wanted to meet me?"

"Of course! You're the Great and Powerful Trixie! I've always wanted to meet you." I pawed at the ground with the hoof. The reality of how embarrassing this celebrity crush truly is began to sink in. I felt a warmth in my cheeks, meaning I was probably blushing. She's going to see me blush!

"Well, now you've met The Great and Powerful Trixie. What next?" she looked at me in anticipation.

"I don't know- uh- we could hang out?" I started sweating and shaking like a crazy pony. She was going to shoot me down, I could feel it in my chest. My heart was hurting at the thought of rejection.

"Alright, let's go." she said as a small smirk slipped through her lips, and she trotted past me. I nearly tripped over my hooves trying to keep up. "Where did you have in mind?"

"We-We could just walk around town. Maybe go to the park?" I suggested, eyeing the magician in front of me.

"Very well, even though Trixie finds that boring." She scoffed.

"What do you want to do, Trixie?" I asked, but she didn't say anything. I walked beside her, trying not to stare at her too much. It was getting darker and darker to where I couldn't see very far ahead, but she seemed to know where she was going. "Hey, Trixie?"

"Ugh! What is it?" She stopped and faced me, glaring hard enough to burn two eye-sized holes into my soul. If anything she was definitely mean. She wasn't anything like I thought she'd be. Then again, I did show up at her house uninvited.

"I- I was just wondering how often you come here. You seem to know your way."

I was expecting Trixie to insult me, or to snap. But she simply turned back and started her way again. "Once or twice a year." She finally said, her voice much more quiet than before.

"Do you have anyone travel with you?" At my question, Trixie stopped dead in her tracks. uh oh, I must have hit a sore spot. I looked back at her, "Trixie?" I tried to get her attention, but she started walking again.

"No."

"Trixie, I- I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you upset." I apologized.

"For what? It's not your fault Trixie travels alone." She said solemnly.

Nopony should be alone. She and I weren't that different as far as this aspect went. We finally made it to the nearest park and it was completely dark out. We made acquaintances with a nearby park bench and sat there for a few moments in silence. Trixie was the first to speak.

"Tell me, why are you so interested in the Great and Powerful Trixie?" As much as I admired her, the whole title thing was getting a little annoying.

"I already told you, I've been a big fan since I was a little one."

"So, you believe it's just okay to come to Trixie's home, uninvited, and ask to hang out?!" She was back to anger again, causing me to trip over my words.

"I- uh- I just wanted to-" My words were cut off as Trixie wrapped her hooves around me in a tight embrace. My heart started racing, and instinctively put my hooves around her.

"Thank you." she whispered. Seeing this warmth from her made me smile. It was a much better side than her snobby side.

"You're welcome." I whispered, "Nopony should be alone."

"Trix- I should." She muttered as she shrugged herself away from me. "I've treated ponies so horribly, I've never really vanquished an Ursa Major. Not even an Ursa Minor!" She hung her head low.

"Are you sorry for the way you treated them?" I asked carefully.

"Of course. What pony wouldn't?" She seemed like she was on the verge of tears. I tried to place a hoof on her shoulder, but she slapped it away. "Don't look at me!"

"Trixie!" I called out, making her flinch. I placed my hoof on her shoulder again. "If you are sorry for how you treated the other ponies and it's all behind you, then, well- It's behind you." I gave her a warm smile, and she seemed to calm down.

"Who taught you that?" She asked. It was a strange question, nopony really taught it to me, I just kinda figured it out. "It's smart to understand."

"I wasn't taught, you just have to learn it." I smiled, and pulled her into another hug. With a little time, she turned out to be a decent pony. And then, something unexpected happened.

She kissed my cheek.

Wow. I- wow.

"Thank you, for everything." She smiled at me. I looked at her, I could see the stars in her eyes. The same stars she had when I saw her as a little pony. They were the stars of happiness. "Are we now friends?"

"We can be!" Friends with The Great and Powerful Trixie? This was a dream come true!

"Good! It's good for the Great and Powerful Trixie to have a friend!"

A warmth grew in my chest. I'm glad that she's in a better mood. Now that I've spent time with her, she's not as stuck up as she was at first. Or I was just used to it. Plus, I got that free kiss on the cheek. But almost as soon she expressed her triumph, a sullen look overtook her.

"I'm going to be leaving town tomorrow for my next performance. Would you..." She took a pause, seeming unsure if she should ask, "Would you want to come with me?"

What? Go with her? That would be great, but my home and other friends were all here. "I, um..." I couldn't just get up and leave on a whim, could I? I looked at Trixie's expression, which seemed to become more and more regretful of asking me to travel with her. My friends are all adults, they can take care of themselves for a few days. And my house definitely isn't going anywhere. "Sure."

Trixie's face became the brightest I had ever seen, then she threw her hooves around me and pulled me into another hug. "Thank you!" I felt myself smiling. Who knows? It may not be so bad. "Go and pack a bag, we leave tomorrow!"

"Sure thing, Trixie!" And away we go.

Author's Note:

Just a little short thing I worked on at 2 in the morning. Hope you enjoyed.