• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 611 Views, 20 Comments

Pinkie to None - PonyPon



The Mistress of Party gets out-Pied and out-Pinkied

  • ...
 20
 611

Late to the Party

It was a bright, sunny day in Ponyville.

Fluttershy, weighed down by buckets of soapy, briny water and scrubbing brushes, watched Pinkie pronk around her in the happy fashion she was known for. They were headed back to town after running a quick errand.

"Pinkie, I wanna thank you for helping me scrub the barnacles off Mr. Squidsor," she said, referring to the large squid that inhabited Ponyville's lake.
"and I think you're really brave for high fiving that shark in midair. I can tell he really appreciated the thought."

"Teehee! I know a sad fishy face when I see one, Flutters!" Pinkie giggled.
"And just because that face has hundreds of pony-snacking teeth doesn't mean it can't smile!" she said, idly brushing a hoof over her flank, a faint outline of a bite visible.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." Fluttershy murmured as they began to approach the other limits of Ponyville proper.
"S'alright Flu-" Pinkie stopped hopping mid-sentence in front of the pegasus, and ignored her crashing into her backside. As she gathered herself, she craned her neck around the pink pony to see what stopped her. Fluttershy could see her staring at a another pony bringing furniture and quite a few potted plants into a house.

The stallion was tall, somewhat lanky, and a unicorn. His coat was a dark shade of purple, with an array of pale spots on his back. He seemed to have no mane and his leafy green tail was cut short. On his flank was a red mushroom with white spots. He had light green eyes and kept his ears down, giving one the impression that he was constantly worried. And neither Fluttershy nor Pinkie Pie had ever seen him before.

"Oh, I think that pony must be new to-" was all Fluttershy was able to say before Pinkie dashed off in a puff of dust.
"-town."

The pony in question was carrying a larger plant resembling a pitcher into his home when he heard the unfamiliar squeal of a Pinkie Pie Ponyville Greeting.
"HI!"
"Eyaaaaaa!"

The pony dove into the hanging bulb of the plant he was trying to bring inside. He shut its lid and trembled in fear, causing the entire thing to shake violently. Pinkie, surprised at his reaction, taped the plant lightly.
"Anybody home?" she asked playfully. The plant opened up slowly, and the newest addition to the town stuck his head out sheepishly.

"Wh-who are you?" he asked, his voice full of fear.
"I'm Pinkie Pie, and I would like to personally welcome you to Ponyville!"
"Well that's nice, but I..."
"You just sit tight, I'm gonna bust out my welcome wagon and give you a proper greeting."
"That, uh, won't be necessary."
"Why?" Pinkie asked, as he started to carefully climb out.
"I've already had quite the enthusiastic greeting to your town already."

Pinkie gasped.
"You have?!"
"Yeah. Some little pony brought me a cake, sang me a song, gave me the works."

Pinkie stumbled back and fell on her rump, unable to believe what she was hearing. Somepony had really given a new pony the full Pinkie Welcome Wagon Experience. Without the Pinkie Pie! She turned back to the new pony, who was rummaging around in the remainder of his belongings. He pulled out a shiny, cap-shaped object.

"She even gave me this delightful little thing. Told to keep it on me for something big she had planned."
The object turned out to be a mushroom, not unlike his cutie mark, but plated in polished gold.

And she's giving out gold?! Pinkie screamed inwardly. She shook her head. What pony could possibly do this?
She didn't notice at first when Fluttershy finally caught up to her, huffing from the extra weight.

"So, Pinkie, whew, did you welcome the new pony?"
"No, Fluttershy, because someone already did!" she shouted.
"Somebody's trying to steal my job!"

Fluttershy set down her supplies, weary from carrying them.
"Well, I'm sure they don't mean anything by it." she reasoned.
"Maybe they just want to be...more like you?"

Pinkie thought about it for a moment, and broke into a wide grin.
"Fluttershy, you're right!" she exclaimed, bouncing once again. She rubbed her hoof on her chest, giving it a smug look.
"My positive Pinkieness must be rubbing off on ponies."

She trotted over to the stallion.
"Hey, what's your name?"
"It's, uh, Death Cap."
"Well, Cappy, if you see that pony again, let her know she's free to cover for me anytime."
"You know, it's odd. I can't seem to remember her name."

The pink pony shrugged, "Well, I'm sure she-YOWCH!" She suddenly sprang up from a sharp pain in her flank. Turning, she saw a green, rounded head without eyes digging its jaws into her bottom.

"No! Bad Arthur!" Death Cap scolded the plant as he tugged it off Pinkie.
"We do not eat new neighbors!"
He took the mischievous plant inside, berating it all the while.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

As Pinkie and Fluttershy neared Sugarcube corner, the pinker pony was still wincing from her twice bitten buttock.
"I must be way too tasty today, Flutters." she concluded, while pushing open the doors.

Inside was a common sight: Mr. Cake kneading dough, Mrs. Cake mixing, and the twins playing with two golden cakes reminiscent of their parents' cutie marks.

Pinkie's jaw dropped.
"Uh, good morning everypony!" she said, her smile becoming unsure.
"Hello, Pinkie. Hello, Shy."
"Hello, dearies."
"So, uh, did I miss anything?"

Mrs. Cake set down her bowl of batter.
"Why, yes. This incredible pony came by and she really got us off to good start."
Pinkie began to take deep breaths, her temper rising.
"Oh, huff, did she?"

"My, yes! Me and Carrot woke up this morning to the sound of a beautiful flute. She was sitting on our windowsill. We were scared at first, but the sound of her playing was so gentle, we let her play."
"And she didn't stop there," her husband chimed in.
"Once we were dressed and came downstairs, we found her, not only feeding the twins, but had set out the best looking breakfast I've ever seen!"

"I usually make breakfast..." Pinkie grumbled. Mrs. Cake ignored her.
"It's like she went out of her way to give us the best morning ever!" she said excitedly.
"Oh, you remember that little puppet show she gave before she left, Cuppy?"
"Do I ever! I couldn't understand a word of it, but I don't remember laughing so hard in my life!"

Pound Cake suddenly threw up his tiny front hoofs and proclaimed, "Bah!"
To which his parents pointed and answered, "Turpentine!" before they all went into a fit of giggles.
Pinkie didn't get it.

"Um," Fluttershy interjected, fearing the uncharacteristic look of contempt on Pinkie's face. "What was her name? Did she say where she was going?"
Still chuckling, Carrot went over to a counter, swiping up a scroll before answering.
"I don't recall, to be honest. But she did offer to make an early delivery of supplies to Twilight's library; just a few bags of flour. And she also told me to give 'that other mare that works here', this." he handed her the letter.

Pinkie quickly unrolled it and scowled at the contents.

YoUr pane Has Only BEGONE.
I'll bee Back to finnish de jobe.
You StInK!
Love,
-Help sraigtinÄ— from the start.

Fuming, Pinkie stomped back out the door, pushing past the yellow pegasus.
"What's wrong, Pinkie?" she asked, concerned.
Pinkie shoved the letter from the mystery mare down at her feet.
Fluttershy gave it a quick look.
"Oh my, that doesn't sound very nice at all."
"I know! C'mon, Fluttershy, we have to get to Twilight's tree, pronto!"