• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 380 Views, 1 Comments

Scattered Thoughts - Maileo



Memo starts reading notebook entries from his past, giving him at look inside of his old mind.

  • ...
 1
 380

(Prolouge)

Memo was an almost ordinary pony. He sported a white coat with a dark blue mane and tail. His eyes were grayish blue, the kind of color the sky gets after a long storm starts to subside and the clouds begin to say their goodbyes. Memo looked rather ordinary, but It wasn't his physique that made him almost ordinary, it was his mind.

To understand Memo's thinking, one would have to know a little about Memo himself.

Memo grew up living both sides of the monetary spectrum. While very young he knew wealth, and was spoiled with gifts and affection from family friends and his parents. After a few years, however, the luxuries started to disappear. In their place came hand-me-downs. Broken toys, board games with missing pieces, Unwanted personal artifacts. Things that people once held dear, but instantly threw away once they no longer resembled their original selves. Things that Memo now felt inclined to love, and did his very best to appreciate.

It wasn't long before the lack of money caused the inevitable split of his parents. At the time, Memo didn't understand why his father was no longer around, and was too young to remember the finer details. Despite all of the lingering questions, he accepted the change best he could. But it was never quite enough, He always felt he needed more.

Many years passed and now Memo was almost an adult. He watched his closest friends become successful in finding their passions. Some found expertise in art, proudly adorning palettes and paint brush cutie marks on their flanks. Others had more physical alternatives - A flaming hoofball, a pair of ice skates, and parachute-shaped marks to name a few. Memo however, never quite found his calling. Despite doing what felt right, Memo never discovered his true talent, it was as if the cosmos wanted nothing more than to mock him. His gleaming white fur - comparable to Celestia's - still shone bare, like a pedestal with a glass case, encompassing absolutely nothing.

Memo had come to terms with the possibility that he may never find his true talent, but in the midst of things decided to take up writing down some of his thoughts with the mentality that one day he may look back upon them and finally realize his true calling.

The following passages are Memo's very scattered thoughts.

Author's Note:

I'm not sure how far I'll take this story. It's actually rather personal so I think I'll see how people react to it before considering writing another chapter.