• Published 11th Jul 2013
  • 279 Views, 2 Comments

Thirty Minute Ponies Prompts - Black_Board23



A compilation of fanfics that I've wrote for Thirty Minute Ponies on Tumblr.

  • ...
 2
 279

Anything for a Friend

Prompt #406: Anything for a Friend

The faint chords of distant music drifted into Canterlot Castle as Luna sat in her room, waiting for her guest. Speak of the devil, a firm knock on her door signaled the guest’s arrival. Trotting over and opening the door, Princess Luna looked down to see none other than Twilight Sparkle.

“Hi Luna!” the young princess said, excited as always to see a friend. “Greetings.” Replied Luna. “Shall we proceed?” The princess of the night questioned, already knowing the answer. “Of course, let’s go” said Twilight, eager as ever.

The group of princesses walked down the spiral ramp around the castle to the Canterlot Gardens. While one area of the Gardens was walled off with stone for occasions, the rest was winding paths under the shade of trees that spindled above them. “So, why did you invite me here?” Inquired Twilight.

“I thought it would just be nice to walk around a bit and talk.” Answered Princess Luna, a simple and efficient answer. “Also, I just wanted to thank you.” Caught off guard by the reason, as the younger of the alicorns hadn’t recently done anything for Luna, she asked, “For what?”

“Well, you and your friends have done so much for me in general.” Answered Luna. “Returning me from Nightmare Moon, helping me come out of my shell, everything. I’m basically the way I am because of your aid.”

“You don’t have to thank me for that!” stated Twilight. “No really, I do!” answered the moon princess. “You and your friends are the best things to ever come into my life! If it weren’t for you, I wouldn’t even be here. Even if I was, I would be a social outcast whose only friend is Princess Celestia.” The older princess was on the verge of tears, now.

Twilight got closer to Luna, putting a front leg over her back to comfort her. “Really Princess Luna, it’s fine. My friends and I would do it again in a second. What we’ve done was never just for Equestria; it was to bring back Princess Celestia’s sister and to make a friend.” Princess Luna had brightened up a bit. “You’ll never have to thank us, and as long as we live, we’ll be there for you.” Finished Twilight, removing her arm from Luna’s back.

“Thank you, young Twilight. If our friendship is ever destroyed, I will have lived to long.” Added the reassured Princess Luna as the two princesses walked down the path.