• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 545 Views, 7 Comments

Anything for the Trees - lordcurly972



Today is Apple Blooms tenth birthday, a day she has dreaded for quite some time. For today she will have to earn her right of passage into the apple family.

  • ...
4
 7
 545

Dark Ending


All the innocence Apple Bloom had had before this night was washed away like chalk on a sidewalk in a rainstorm. She walked out of the cellar with a bag tied to her back. Crimson oozed out of a small hole in the bag and ran down her side. It was warm, unlike what she felt inside. As she followed Applejack to the far end of the orchard, she noticed dark and looming clouds hanging over their heads. Apple Bloom turned back to watch in front of her. Off in the distance she heard the cries of the Timberwolves again; she thought nothing of them now. They were just white noise in the endless trance that was now her life. They finally reached a row of newly planted apple trees. Around the base of each tree a small moat had been dug. Applejack lifted the bag she had tied to her back and began pouring its contents into one of the holes. Apple Bloom followed suit of her big sister as she mumbled to herself.
“Anything for the apple trees…”



The goings on at Sweet Apple Acres continued on for generations to come. Police didn’t get involved until somepony in Ponyville began to notice a rapid decrease in population during a sudden growth spurt of new apple trees. The case has yet to be solved, and more and more pony’s disappear every year.