• Published 9th Jul 2013
  • 1,055 Views, 13 Comments

Soda Pop - The 8-Bit Flame Princess



Snippets of Applejack and Pinkie Pie's life together.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,055

As Sweet As A Song

As Sweet As A Song
The end of the beginning

The young orange filly was wandering around Ponyville, having finished picking up the groceries her grandma instructed her to get and Applejack was now heading on her way home. She glanced down at the saddlebags to check her food was still there, and then cast an appreciative glance at her Cutie Mark. It represented Apple Bloom, Granny Smith and Big Macintosh, she reckoned. They had to be strong and be together, just like family, and Applejack had to protect them because it was her family. And family was everything.

Turning the corner lost in thought, naturally she couldn't see that anyone was coming towards her. They crashed into each other and Applejack rose quickly to her feet. She checked to see if the other pony was okay and discovered it was a tiny pink earth pony filly with a pink mane so curly it looked like it could explode. It had obviously been tamed though.

"I'm awfully sorry. I don't know what happened. I just had mah head in the clouds." she apologized. The earth pony nodded and then her eyes grew wide as she spotted Applejack's flank.

"You've got your Cutie Mark? Cool! Look, I got mine last Wednesday!" she turned slightly so Applejack could see the three balloons decorating her flank- kind of like the three apples on her own.

"Wednesday was when I got mine too!" Applejack exclaims. The pink pony started to jump up and down.

"That must mean something. Ooh, it makes me feel all tingly talking about destiny- maybe it's like a premonition?" the filly's fast chatter was making AJ's head spin.

"I'm Applejack." she finally introduced herself.

"My name's Pinkamena Diane Pie." she said and frowned. "Well, it was. Now it's Pinkie Pie. That's so much easier to say."

Applejack smiled. "Well, Pinkie Pie, I have to get going now and take these groceries back, but you're welcome at Sweet Apple Acres any time you ant."

Pinkie Pie grinned. "I bet we're going to be great friends, Applejack. See you later!"

Applejack turned to head off then turned back again to Pinkie Pie, to ask her where she was staying in Ponyville.

But the filly was gone.

Author's Note:

Whelp. The first meeting.