• Published 18th Feb 2012
  • 2,886 Views, 43 Comments

All Coupled Up - tomColt15



When two ponies get together, will two others get jealous?

  • ...
6
 43
 2,886

Sleep Overs and Confessions

Five of the element spirits were gathered in a hollow tree known as the library. They were laughing and talking about adventures and friendship lessons as they waited for the loyal one to show up. Ding-dong.

“Alright girls, it looks like Rainbow has finally come,” Twilight said as she trotted towards where the chime had come from. She opened the door with her magic, reviling a cyan pegasus. “Rainbow, how great for you to finally make it!”

“Hey Twilight. Sorry I'm late, had to clear up a few clouds and I kind of took a nap too long,” Rainbow apologized.

“No worries Dash, as long as you're here now we can-”

“PARTAY!” Pinkie interrupted Twilight with enthusiasm. “It's sooooo great you're here now Dashie, we were starting to worry if you weren't gonna come! But now you're here and we can finally party! This will be the best sleep over ever!” Rainbow chuckled nervously as she backed away from the pink party pony.

“So what are we doing right now?” Dash asked.

“Well I think we're going to have pillow fight since we, or Rarity, just finished with the make-overs,” Twilight answered. Rainbow hadn't noticed anything different about anypony as she looked around. Then her eyes met Rarity, her coat was shinning beautifully and her hair was re-done and looked absolutely gorgeous. Next to Rarity was Fluttershy. She didn't look any different, but something about her made her glow in beauty. She looked fabulous.

As Dash stared at the gorgeous yellow pegasus, pillows began flying left and right. One finally hit Rainbow's face and snapped her out of her enticing daydream. The cyan mare looked over to where the pillow had been launched and spotted a certain orange country mare with a smirk on her face.

“Oh, it is so on AJ!” Rainbow threatened trying to look cool. As the battle raged on between the two athletes, everypony else had sat down and started watching. Every time Rainbow were to hit AppleJack, she'd taunt her and Fluttershy would giggle at the brash tomboy.

“Okay girls, beofre AJ and Dash kill each other with pillows, lets move on,” Twilight suggested.

“I would adore to play a game of truth or dare!” Rarity chimed. The rest of the gang murmured in agreement as they circled up. Pinkie grabbed an empty cider bottle and placed it in the middle of the circle they formed.

“Oh oh oh, I'll go first!” Pinkie volunteered as she spun the bottle with great power. The bottle finally stopped spinning and landed on AppleJack. “Sooo, AppleJack. Truth or dare?”
~ ~ ~
After a horrid series of unspeakable dares and a few crazy truths, it was finally Dash's turn to spin the bottle. She spun the bottle with an abundance of power as it slowly found its way to Fluttershy.

“Well well well, looks like its Fluttershy's turn. So, truth or dare?” Rainbow asked trying to look cool.

'Oh great if I pick truth, she might ask who I like, but if I pick dare I might have to do something horrible. Confess or...' “Dare,” Fluttershy said confidently after over thinking the possibilities. Fortunately, Rainbow didn't want to over-work her crush.

“Oh, alright then. Lets see, what could I dare someone like you?” Rainbow asked nopony in particular.

“I know one!” Pinkie offered as she and Rainbow scooted towards each other. The pink party pony whispered in Dash's ear surprisingly quiet. Dash's face heated a bit before speaking the dare.

“Oh, um, well the dare was uh,” Rainbow said as if imitating Fluttershy. Her face was a deep scarlet by the time she could finish stating the dare. “you, uh, have to tell us truthfully who you, um uh, kinda like a little.”

Now it was Fluttershy's turn to turn red. “Oh my, um I uh, like all of you.”

“No silly Dashie! That wasn't the dare. The dare was who does Fluttershy LIKE like,” Pinkie blurted.

“Well I just think that's kind of personal for her,” Rainbow defended.

“Yeah silly, that's why she has to tell us truthfully, duh.”

“What if its really secret, or if she doesn't like anypony...”

“Everyone likes somepony Dashie! Even you do.” Dash looked at the party pony in surprise. 'Does she know?' Dash thought hoping it wasn't so. “I've seen you and how you act around ponies you like. Now its Fluttery's turn to answer.”

“Oh well, is it okay if I don't answer that question?” Fluttershy pleaded.

“Yeah, why don't we skip that for now,” Twilight agreed. Everypony else murmured in agreement and Fluttershy sighed in relief. Rainbow also sighed in relief until she heard Pinkie whisper something about helping her. 'Maybe she does know?' Rainbow thought.

xXx

The party was over and the under-aged pegasus still felt tipsy from all the cider AppleJack had fed her. She had no idea what had happened after truth or dare that night. All Dash knew was that she somehow woke up in a bed, not a cloud. It was a pink bed. Rainbow looked around some and only saw pink, pink, and pink. She moaned in annoyance when she noticed where she was.

“Oh Dashie you're awake, now we can talk!” Pinkie screamed as she slammed the door open. Rather than being surprised, Rainbow only put her hooves on her ears and groaned in pain. She still had a horrible headache from last night.

“Can you keep it down Pinkie, I had a lot to drink last night,” Rainbow said.

“Oh sorry Dashie, but you know you shouldn't drink under twenty-one anyway.”

“Whatever, whats one year gonna do to me. Besides I can't remember anything that happened at the sleepover. Care to inform me?”

“Oh well that's easy! AppleJack gave you some cider, but then you started drinking more and challenged AppleJack to a drinking contest, but you guys tied. After that you confessed.”

“Confessed? Confessed what?”

“Your undying love for Fluttershy of course.” Rainbow's heart sank.

“That's all right?” Rainbow asked desperately.

“Well no, not really. AppleJack ran out and Rarity followed her. So the sleepover was kind of ruined,” Pinkie said, mane dropping down a bit. However, it soon popped back up. “But don't worry Dashie, I brought you back here and Twilight just stayed back. Fluttershy went back home though, I think you should talk to her.”

“I guess you're right. Okay thanks Pinkie,” Dash said as she hopped out the window. Pinkie sighed as her mane once again dropped.

“As long as she doesn't break my little Dashie's heart, I'll be fine. Good luck Rainbow Dash.”

The flight there had been a bit difficult since Dash had still felt kind of sick. In fact she threw up once on the way to Fluttershy's cottage and had to stop and rest a few times. By the time she had gotten to the humble abode that her friend lived in it was already close to noon. She knocked on the door casually.

“Hold on a second,” a sing song voice answered. About a minute later a butter-yellow pegasus opened the door. “Oh uh hi Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy whispered while cowering back into her cottage. “Sorry, but I, uh, have to feed the chickens,” Fluttershy said about to slam her door until a cyan hoof stopped it.

“Listen Fluttershy, I don't remember what I did back there but I really do need to talk to you,” Rainbow pleaded. Fluttershy hesitated, but then nodded.

“So, um, you don't remember anything that happened back there?”

“Not really. Apparently I said some stuff that kinda ruined it though.”

“Oh, its not your fault, you drank a lot for being under aged.”

“No I mean, ugh. This is going to be hard, but I heard that I might've told you I like you.”

“Well of course, we are best friends right?”

“Fluttershy, that's not what I mean. I mean I told you I LIKE like you.”

“R-rainbow, you were just drunk is all, it's okay if you didn't mean it... I-I understand,” Fluttershy said almost ready to break down in tears. But she couldn't, she had to be strong and telling her friend she felt for her would only make matters worse.

“Stop Fluttershy. I'm sorry, but that cider was really strong and I did drink a lot of it,” Rainbow began to explain. Fluttershy's heart sank as she prepared for the next stage. “but whatever was in it that made me confess, I'm thankful for,. I truly do love you Fluttershy and I really hope you feel the same. I've been too afraid to lose you as a friend so I couldn't tell you,” Rainbow finished. Fluttershy lifted her head in surprise. Now it was her turn to return the same feelings.

'Come on Fluttershy say it.' “Rainbow I-” 'You can do it, two more words.” “I” 'Fluttershy its now or never.' “I-I'm sorry” 'No Fluttershy, be brave like Dash!' Rainbow's soft smile faded away and Fluttershy kept denying her heart's desire. “but, I can't r-return” 'No! Change it before its too late' “the same feelings.” Shattered. That was the state the rainbow maned pegasus's heart was in.

“Oh, okay.” Rainbow bit her lip and tried her best to stay cool. “Its okay Fluttershy, I didn't think you'd feel the same anyway. Well, I guess I'll uh see you around.” Fluttershy nodded, she was too ashamed to say anything.

Rainbow flew away completely heart-broken and Fluttershy couldn't do anything but watch. 'Dammit Fluttershy look what you did to Dashie.' Fluttershy swore at herself, sighed and decided to continue her day as normally as possible.


A/N; Just because every fanfic like this needs a sleepover and sonme drama of some sort. Also, I know the whole thing is moving fast but the story is actually kind of twisting. Another thing, I'm combining chapters on this site unlike on fanfiction.net because I don't feel like making more chapters.