• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,107 Views, 5 Comments

Forever and Always - WoefulWriters



Rainbow Dash thought that life couldn’t get any better; a new job,getting married,and a new house.She thought nothing could ever ruin this beautiful dream come true

  • ...
5
 5
 1,107

Rocket in the sky

Rainbow Dash could not believe what she had just been told.

“P-pregnant... How long?!” Exclaimed Rainbow.
“Oh, congratulations Rainbow” said Fluttershy softly.

“I’d say almost 8 months, so you have 3 months to baby-proof your home.” Nurse Redheart said.

“I can’t be a mother! I have weather duty, plus I’m a Wonderbolt! I’m too busy to raise it right!”
“Well, what’s done is done” replied the doctor.

2 months had passed since Rainbow got the news. All of Ponyville had given her gifts. Pinkie pie threw a party of course, and she was thrilled at the thought of a new baby to play with. Rainbow Dash loved being the center of attention, but she wished that Rocket was with her, so on what would have been their first anniversary she performed a special show for the royal guards with the other Wonderbolts. Rainbow had felt odd all day, and she kept getting stomach cramps during warm-ups.
“Hey, are you sure you’re ok kid?” Asked Spitfire, looking worried.
“Pfft, I’m fine!” Snapped Rainbow.
“Just tell us if you need to see the nurse” Soarin said
“Yeah, yeah, I will. Now let’s go!” Rainbow flew off to the track.

Mid-performance Rainbow had a pain that rivaled all others she had felt. She started falling to the ground. Luckily, Soarin caught her in time.

“I’m ok, lets get back to flying” Rainbow puffed.
“No, we’re taking you to the hospital” Spitfire snapped, flying up to them.

It seemed that as soon as Rainbow was checked in that she gave birth to a beautiful light grey colt.

“He looks so much like his father” Soarin said smiling.
“Except with wings! He’s a flying Rocket!” Snickered Spitfire.
“Yes, he’s my little Rocket in the Sky” Rainbow said softly.

“I’m sorry to take him from you so soon, but he needs to be examined so we know if there is anything wrong with him” The Doctor said calmly.
“O-ok, bye baby” Rainbow said sadly.
“Oh, don’t worry he’ll be fine! Me and Soarin have both had foals born early and they grew up just fine” Spitfire told her calmly.

A few hours passed before the doctors came back in the room.
“Well? How is he? For that matter, where is he?” Rainbow asked, looking around.
“Well...Rainbow, I have some good news and some bad news” The nurse said.
"Well, spit it out then!" Snapped Spitfire, weary from a long day.
"The good news is that Rainbow Dash can leave any time you that like, the bad news is your baby won't be going with you" The doctor said in a monotone voice.

Author's Note:

Note: This not a ship-fic