• Published 10th Jul 2013
  • 1,048 Views, 8 Comments

Snuff Book 1 - Bringer of Despair



Twilight tries to deal with the deaths of her friends

  • ...
2
 8
 1,048

Snuff Part 1

SNUFF PART 1
BY: BRINGER OF DESPAIR


Where there is good, there is evil;
Where there is light, there is dark;
No matter how many good things you do for the light side, the evil that lurks in the dark will eventually consume you
These are words I live by; I suggest you do the same before it's too late.

___________________________________


It was a cold, rainy night when the mass funeral of the Elements of Harmony was finished. The royal cemetery was empty except for one lavender alicorn sitting on her haunches in front of five tombstones. Each tombstone was marked with a gem in the shape of the cutie mark that the grave belongs to. Underneath each gem, was the name of the pony that was buried there. Each tombstone was enchanted so nothing on the tombstone would ever disappear, no matter how much time has past.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

HERE LIES RAINBOW DASH
BEARER OF THE ELEMENT OF LOYALTY
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WONDERBOLTS

____________________________________________________________________________________________

HERE LIES RARITY
BEARER OF THE ELEMENT OF GENEROSITY
PERSONAL TAILOR FOR THEIR ROYAL MAJESTIES

____________________________________________________________________________________________

HERE LIES APPLEJACK
BEARER OF THE ELEMENT OF HONESTY
OWNER OF SWEET APPLE ACRES

____________________________________________________________________________________________

HERE LIES PINKIE PIE
BEARER OF THE ELEMENT OF LAUGHTER
PERSONAL BAKER OF THEIR ROYAL MAJESTIES

____________________________________________________________________________________________

HERE LIES FLUTTERSHY
BEARER OF THE ELEMENT OF KINDNESS
VETERINARIAN FOR PALACE ANIMALS

____________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a sad day in Equestria when news of the devastating earthquake and out-of-control tornadoes destroyed the town of Ponyville. Both of the disasters happened with no warning at all. Not even Cloudsdale new what happened with the weather in that area until it was too late.

When the towns citizens felt the first tremor, they new that something bad was about to happen. After the first tremor, the mayor started organizing an evacuation of the town so no one would get hurt. It was Elements of Harmony that were put in charge of the evacuation, but sadly not everything went according to plan.

After the majority of the citizens were relocated to a safer location, the Elements of Harmony started searching the town for anyone that might still be in there. That is when everything started going from bad to worse.

Halfway through the search, Rainbow Dash noticed that several tornadoes were forming on the edges of the town and decided to try and break them up before they finished forming. Unfortunately, there were just too many to break apart by herself. While she was working on the one closest to the town, another was completely formed and sucked her in with amazing force that she had no time to react. After spinning in the tornado for about five minutes, she was flung out with so much force, she couldn't do anything to catch herself mid-flight and save herself. She ended crashing into town hall and died on impact.

While Rainbow was dealing with the tornadoes, everyone else was on the ground looking for anypony else that might still be there. Applejack was on the outskirts of town searching for any straglers. This however was when the earthquake happened.

When Applejack started to notice a crack in the ground expanding, she knew she had a very short window to get to safety or she would be caught and not survive. So with that in mind, she made a dash for the center of town to worn her friends. Unfortunately, she was not fast enough to escape the earthquake and fell into the crack, breaking her spinal cord on impact. It didn't take long for the earthquake to reach the rest of the town, catching the rest of the elements of harmony on its path of destruction.

After the chaotic disasters were over, Princess Twilight sent royal guards to the town to gather all the survivors and bring them to Canterlot. The survivors of the disaster would remain in the castle-under Princess Celestia's orders-until they are able to rebuild the town in a safer location. Another order was to retrieve any and casualties and bring them to the castle for a proper memorial service. Little did the know that the only casualties were the Elements of Harmony. With the news that all the Elements of Harmony gone but Princess Twilight, who will protect Equestria from a disharmonious threat now.

The news of the Elements of Harmony dying dealt a huge blow to all of Equestria, even the princess'. But none were as disappointed and suffering like Princess Twilight. Of everyone, she was hit the hardest because, not only did she lose her home, but the only ponies she could confide in and tell all her problems to, besides her fellow rulers.

Now with the death of her closest friends, she has to do everything in her power to make sure her emotions don't hinder her from her royal duties. Unfortunately for her, loneliness has slowly brought about a presence that she doesn't know about.

After saying her final goodbyes to her friends, she made her way back to her bedchambers for an early retirement. As she made her way, the guards and castle staff either saluted her or bowed in show of respect. These went unnoticed by Twilight for she was still coping with the sudden loss of her friends.

When she made it the hall where her room was located, her ears perked up at the sound of voices coming from outside her bedroom. She couldn't ascertain who was speaking, so she decided to move closer to get a look on who was talking and what they were saying. Now that she was closer, she could clearly see and hear who was talking. It was both Princess Celestia and Luna. She decided to hear what they were saying before she made her presence known.

"What if she doesn't want to talk?" Luna asked.

"If she doesn't want to talk that is fine, but we must at least explain to her that we are here for her when she does want to talk. I know you don't like forcing ponies to listen to you, I feel the same way, but we have to let her know that if she keeps her emotions bottled up, something bad will happen," Celestia said, with a hint of both worry and authority in her voice.

"I know what you mean, it happened to me a thousand years ago, remember?" Luna said with sadness in her voice.

At this point, Twilight decided it was time to make herself known by stepping out from behind the corner and clearing her throat. At the site of Twilight, both Celestia and Luna gave small smiles and a nod.

"Hello Twilight, we did not know you were there," Celestia said in a somewhat joyful tone.

"How are you feeling? We know your emotions must be going all over the place trying to figure out how to deal with what happened," Luna said, walking up to Twilight and nuzzling her softly.

Twilight returned the nuzzle before responding, "I just here at the end of your conversation. And to answer your question Luna, I'll cope but it will take some time to get over what has transpired as of late. The main emotion that I am feeling right now is loneliness."

"You must be careful with that particular emotion Twilight, for it is the same emotion that turned me into the dreaded Nightmare Moon," Luna said with worry most prominent in her voice.

"Thanks for the advice, I'll do what I can to make sure I don't lose control," Twilight replied.

"Twilight, if you feel like you want to talk, just let us know immediately and we will be there as soon as possible," Celestia said, giving Twilight the advice. "We don't like seeing you suffer like this. Just know that we are here for you."

"Celly is right Twilight, don't feel like you can just will the pain away. Believe me, I tried that before and look where it put me. I know you think nothing can hurt anymore than you already are, but believe when I say that is not true. No matter what happens, something else will always hurt you more than ever," Luna said.

"You're right, I do think nothing can hurt me even more and that something can hurt me even more. But right at this very moment, nothing can out-match the pain I'm feeling with my friends death. The only true friend I have left is Spike, and he's in Draconia learning from the Dragon High Council about the history, government and culture of dragon's," Twilight said, sadness all over her voice and tears beginning to form in her eyes.

"We all wish Spike was here with us right now, but it is important that he be there so he knows everything for when he becomes an adult," Celestia said, sadness and truthfulness most evident in her tone.

"Yeah. If you'll excuse me, I wish to be alone and think about everything that was just said. Also, so I can think about how to keep my friends memories alive," Twilight said opening the door to her bedroom and walking inside.

"Very well Twilight. Let us know if you need anything," Luna said starting to go to the throne room to get night court started.

With the farewell's said, Twilight closed her door and walked to the balcony. Once there, she sat down and looked towards the stars wondering if friends are among them right now. Tears started to freely fall from her eyes without her knowledge.

"Why did you have to stay in the town to keep everyone safe? You should have known what would have happened if you stayed. Now you left me with no friends and no one to make sure how I'm doing here in Canterlot," Twilight said, now openly sobbing.

"It's ok Twilight. Your not alone in this world, for I will keep you company."