• Published 15th Feb 2012
  • 942 Views, 9 Comments

Forget. - HIDEMYPAST



When a pony is forgotten, it never returns.

  • ...
 9
 942

Forget - Prologue

It was dark.
That was the first thing Applejack noticed, and was something she didn't like at all. She'd always disliked the dark, ever since the night she got lost in the Everfree forest while on a walk with the family.
She shuddered. Never again.
The next thing she sensed was she wasn't alone. She recognized her sister, Applebloom, as the pony beside her. Applejack stood up, her legs aching slightly. The room shook around her, and Applejack realized she was in a train. more precisely, a small, enclosed box that was about the size of 4 ponies on a train. She tumbled over again as the train turned sharply, and didn't bother to get up. She began to think. Why was she here? The last thing she could remember was...It hit Applejack like a buck to the face.
She could remember...everything.

Applejack shook her head. No, not everything. There was a gaping hole where...<i>something</i> should be.
But..she could remember ponies.
Normally, this would be ordinary... But it wasn't.
Applejack felt her blood run cold. Yesterday, she would have scoffed at the thought of a brother.
Yet... She did have a brother. Big Macintosh..A name so unfamiliar, yet so...well, familiar. He was her brother? Why wasn't Applejack surprised? She'd just discovered she had a brother! But...No. She'd always known. She sighed. Her head hurt from all this thinking...But as she closed her eyes, images of other ponies flashed before her. Lyra, Bon Bon, Derpy...All of them, good friends of hers....
Why did she forget?

A screech of grinding metal made Applejack jump, and a strip of sunlight filtered through a gap in the small carriage, probably where the door was. She sat up, and decided she'd fallen asleep. She hadn't dreamt though...She hadn't had a dream for years. Another odd thing, but she had grown used to it. Suddenly, the room was flooded with sunlight, waking Applebloom. She groaned groggily. ''Sis, ah don't wanna go tah school!''
Applejack smiled, and turned to the opening. She instantly dropped to knees in a respectful bow. Applebloom glanced up and quickly shifted into the same position. The figure spoke.
''My subjects, stand. You had a good trip, I presume?'' Her voice was light, almost mocking. Applejack nodded.
''Yes, yer Majesty.''
The queen smiled. ''Good. Now then, you have 5 minutes to get to the servants quarters.''
Applejack felt a flicker of confusion. Servants quarters? Had she applied...? But it was gone in an instant. Yes. She'd applied after getting into an argument with her friends.She felt a surprisingly large bout of hatred for them, and pushed them out of her mind. She didn't want to speak to them, see them, even THINK about them ever again. It never crossed her mind that she didn't know what they had argued about. She nodded to the queen, and began to walk towards the castle, but some guards stopped her.
''We'll escort you.'' One said gruffly.
Applejack nodded, and let them take the lead.
Behind her, the queen smiled, and for a second, the sun went out.