• Published 12th Jun 2013
  • 775 Views, 36 Comments

Luna's Exile. - Discordisbestnonpony



Everyone knows that Luna was sent to the moon for 1000 years, but, we dont really know why, learn in this story the WHOLE true story of what happened to Luna, why she was sent, and what she did for 1000 years...

  • ...
5
 36
 775

Moon Light

Celestia awoke early as always to raise the sun and watch Luna lower the moon, she gently knocked on her sister's door.
"Sister? It is time to lower the moon.." She sighs knowing her sister may of fallen asleep.
"Hoo?" a muffled hoot could be heard.
"Sister?" Celestia says opening the door carefully to see Moon Light resting on Luna's desk looking at her.
"Hoo?"
"L-Luna....?" Celestia says her eyes wide.
"Hoo?"
"Luna! Somepony has turned you into an owl haven't they!?" Celestia says in pure panic "Oh sister! I will do my best to find a way to fix this! Worry not dear Luna.... I will find a way I promise!" Celestia says walking over to the small owl and stroking it gently "When I find the pony who did this to you they will be in the dungeon for a thousand years!"
"Hoo?"
"Who is right my sister... Who did this to you? What a foalish thing.... And the also broke your wing while they turned you into an owl! At least they bandaged it. Not properly... But.. I guess they tried."
"Sister...?" Luna says standing in her door way with a large bird cage with a perch inside, looking at her older sister.
"Luna?!?!" Celestia says turning around "Oh Luna! I thought somepony had turned you into an owl!" She says running over to her sister hugging her.
"N-no... I found him last night.. I stepped on his wing..." She says trying to free herself from Celestia's crushing grip. "Ca-can you let me go now...? You-you're crushing me..!"
"Sorry sister..." Celestia says letting her go. "After you lower the moon and I raise the sun, why don't you tell me more about your little owl friend." Celestia says with a smile scratching the owl gently as the walks out to the balcony. Luna, as always effortlessly lowers the moon as Celestia effortlessly raises the sun.

~~~~~

"So that's how I found him." Luna says smiling scratching under the young owl's chin.
"Does he have a name?" Celestia asks smiling at her younger sister.
"Yes indeed he does sister.. His name is Moon Light. Im hopping his wing will heal soon so he can maybe be free." Celestia slightly frowns at this.
"Luna.. He's young. I don't think after his wing heals he will be able to fend for himself. If he will ever fly again... Do you think you're up for taking care of an owl?" She smiles softly.
"Tia... Do you really mean it? I can keep him?" Luna says her eyes shining brightly.
"Only if you want dear sister." Celestia says with a grin.
"Oh thank you Tia!" Luna says hugging her sister tightly. Celestia chuckles slightly.
"You're welcome sister." She smiles largely as she watches Moon Light hop up on her younger sister's shoulder.
"I promise Tia. Ill take good care of him..!"

Author's Note:

Third chapter completed! Sorry for it being so short, I couldn't think of any thing else to add to it sadly. But, enjoy it any way. Fighting my way through some Writer's Block so if up-dates aren't as often im sorry.
Enjoy!
~DBNP