• Published 16th Feb 2018
  • 663 Views, 4 Comments

Tonight was Going to be Special - PolyBeaches



RariLuna shipping fic. Warning to you weak readers: passionate kissing!

  • ...
0
 4
 663

1: The Charcoal Rose

Tonight was going to be special.

Luna had set her dark blue blanket on the peak of a grassy hill, made black by the night. Luna made sure that the moon was in the perfect position; the angle that made every single blade of grass shimmer in the light from the dew. She had asked the weather patrol of Ponyville to create a mist a few hours before dusk, so everything around her was covered in droplets of water. Earlier, she had made a special trip back to her home of a thousand years, and did something she knew was one of the most important and biggest things she had ever done, and will ever do.

On the blanket was nothing but a single rose with a dark charcoal color. There was none other like it, as there were no other black roses in existence. Luna had found it on the first year of her banishment. She was so full of rage over her exile from Equestria that she almost destroyed it... She didn't know why, but she had decided to spare it. Maybe it was because she related herself to that abandoned flower, all alone. She made her primary living spot right next to it, and almost never left its side. Just earlier, when she was running her errand on the moon, she saw it again. She knew she needed it for tonight.

Luna was wearing a dress that she had made herself. It was pretty simple, with a dark blue and purple that complimented her coat and mane. It was laced with a sparkling fabric that shined the same way as the grass. It wasn't perfect, but it was certainly better than the rubbish she wore for Twilight Sparkle's coronation, and it would certainly touch the pony she was dressing up for tonight. She was also missing her usual crown, and a ribbon that tied her extraterrestrial mane into a bun had replaced it.

Luna felt a fire in the pit of her stomach mixed with anticipation, anxiety, and love.

She soon heard a singsong voice with a frilly accent approaching.

It was Rarity.