• Published 2nd Jun 2013
  • 1,115 Views, 4 Comments

The Lost Kingdom - Piece Bot



Twilight's the Princess of a kingdom that's been lost for three thousand years.

  • ...
7
 4
 1,115

Cupcakes [It's not what it sounds like!]

Twilight woke up after her sleep and she still couldn’t believe that she was Princess Luna’s daughter of all ponies.

“Spike!” She yelled. Spike woke up from his bed and came to her side.

“What is it Twilight? I was having a nice dream about jewels …” His mouth began to water at that.

“Enough of that!” She snapped.

“Jeez. What’s the matter with you?”

“I don’t know. But let’s go see Pinkie.” With Spike grumbling after her, they walked out of the library and towards Sugar Cube Corner.

In Pinkie’s room …
Pinkie Pie was crying for some weird reason. That reason, was that she had just read a short story that somepony had sent her. The story was called Cupcakes and she had just read what had happened to Rainbow Dash. She heard the door jangle open and she quickly forgot about Cupcakes.

Back with Twilight …
“Pinkie? You in here?” A blue Unicorn walked by.

“What are you shouting about Twilight?” He asked her kindly.

“I wanted to know where Pinkie was.”

“Uh, she’s-”

“Right here!” A bubbly voice said. It sounded overly joyful but a bouncing pink pony bounced in.

“Are you okay Pinkie?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Uh, nothing. Have you baked any cupcakes yet?” She directed the question to Mr. Cake but she heard sobbing behind her. Amazingly, the sobbing came from Pinkie.

“Pinkie you okay?” Twilight asked concernedly. Pinkie gave a little sniff and went back upstairs.

“What’s the matter with her?”

“Nothing, but anyway, yes we have just baked a few cupcakes and would you care to buy some?” He seemed to want to change the subject a bit too quickly.

Later …
At Twilight’s library Spike belched and a trail of green magical smoke came out of his mouth. A scroll appeared. Twilight caught it with her magic and started to read.

Dear Twilight Sparkle,
A disturbance has happened at the Crystal Empire and I want you and your friends to come and see if you can sort it out.
Cadence

“Cadence sent me a message? About a disturbance? I’d better round up the others.” Twilight sped out and got all her friends to meet back at the library. They all walked in with the exception of Pinkie. She bounced her way in.

“Why have you asked us to meet here Twi?” Rainbow asked. Twilight read the message she got from Cadence and waited to see what their reactions were. They all had the same expression: blank. Pinkie was crying though.

“Pinkie will you quit blubbering?! This is serious!” Rainbow squealed. But that just made Pinkie cry harder.

“Anyway, we all have to be on the next train to the Crystal Empire. Who’s up for a road trip?” Twilight asked the group at large. At the train station, they were greeted by a surprise. Princess Luna was there.

“What are you doing here?”

“Do I have to have a reason to come see my daughter?” Luna asked. Twilight looked sceptic. She’ll never get used to being Luna’s daughter.

“Doesn’t matter. Anyway, Princess Cadence sent me a message about a disturbance at the Crystal Empire. I suppose she sent you one as well?” Twilight nodded. They all boarded the train and waited for the Crystal Empire station to come.

An hour later …
It started to snow outside. This was a sign that they were nearing the Crystal Empire. Cadence was anxiously waiting for them at the station.

“What’s wrong Cadence?” Twilight asked her sister-in-law.

“Something’s happening, it’s a bit hard to explain. Just follow me.” They all followed Cadence to the top of the Crystal Tower.

“Look.” She pointed her hoof. There was something in the distance.

“Do you have a telescope?” Twilight asked Cadence. She handed Twilight a telescope and held it up to her eye. Now that it’s closer, she could see something rising up out of the mist. It looked like … it couldn’t be. She handed the telescope to Applejack.

“Please tell me you’re seeing what I’m seeing.” She pleaded with Applejack.

“Ah don’t believe what ah’m seeing.”Applejack let the others have a look in the telescope.

“Cadence, is this true?” Rarity asked. Cadence could only nod. Twilight still couldn’t believe that there were stone towers rising out of the distant mist.