• Published 21st Feb 2012
  • 795 Views, 0 Comments

Confessing My Love - Sparkle Fire



Princess Celestia confesses her deep love for the Supreme Leader of Cosarara.

  • ...
7
 0
 795

Confessing My Love

I rose from my bed at 11:30 at night with just one thing in mind: confessing my love.

First, I made sure that there were no prying pony eyes, especially Pinkie Pie's, to compromise everything. I gave everypony a goodnight kiss before leaving, making absolutely sure to give Twilight some extra attention... well, because she's my little protégé. I began to tip-toe out of our hotel room like a meek little rabbit, careful not to tread over the creaky floorboards in the hallway...

SCREECH!!!

Silence.

Whew, that's a relief. I walked to the roof of our hotel, spread my wings and flew into the star-studded sky. After a few minutes of admiring the world below me, I landed at the Great Leader's mansion. At first, I tried through the window.

Uh-oh. It's locked.

I then trotted off quietly to his magnificent solid bronze and copper front doors. I used my magic to fiddle with the door handle, trying to pick the lock and turn the handle, but...

He had a deadbolt! And this was solid copper and bronze!

"Alright," I started roaring. "I've had enough!"

I then made the not-so-mature decision to fly straight through his bedroom window. A bad decision, obviously, coming from Rainbow Dash, but how else would I be able to carry him to the ruins of Midnight Castle and confess my love for him? Knowing the consequences, I played my cards and flew through his window without a second thought. I was hoping the entire time that I wouldn't demolish any walls in addition to that window. But at the very least, I was in!

"Hooray! I got in!" I stopped for a minute to listen for any guards. "And I didn't trigger the alarm!"

After that was accomplished, I used my magic to gently pick him up, thinking of him like a priceless piece of china as I placed him on my back for the trip up the mountain. I know now from Twilight that he over-reacts and begins to panic whenever he finds himself in a stressful situation. Referring to my student's stories, I could imagine what would happen if he were in a panic attack himself. And I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end!

I carried us both out the window with him on my back (and drooling), while at the same time using a binding spell to ensure his safety on the flight up.

The Great Leader was still sleeping like a baby by the time we reached the top, where the ruins were. I could recall exactly where everything once stood. Right away, I recognised the old blockhouse, where the weapons (and sometimes prisoners) were stored, as well as one of the guard towers and the military barracks. I used my magic to gently set him down on the old, overgrown floor of the castle's throne room, or what was left of it. I took a deep breath and aroused him from his sleep.

"Wake up, sleepyhead. We're here." I stroked up and down his back a few times to let him know I was there. And then, his eyessss...

Those deep pools of brown glistening like a diamond underneath the moonlight...

Okay, what was I thinking?

I immediately regained my sanity as he began to grow tense, having no sense of location.

"Where am I? Oh no, where am I? Is this a dream? Am I sleepwalking?" I could tell that many thoughts were racing in his head, not to mention the no sense of location.

Panicking and pacing around, he didn't even bother to notice me.

"What am I going to do?"

I tapped his shoulder a couple of times, and it was then I came face-to-face with him - his glistening eyes, his flowing hair, his lips, his everything - right there in front of me, but the instability on his face spoke for him.

He was still labouring in his breaths as I told all.

"I apologize for disturbing your sleep, but I feel that this is the perfect time to tell you something I've been holding back, and it's a very intimate secret."

"So this is why you've dragged me up here! Why didn't you just throw me in the hotel's maintenance closet, for the Goddess' sake?!"

"In all respect, it was hard for me to even build up the courage to say this. Comrade John Antolini, Supreme Leader of Cosarara, Supreme Commander of the Cosararan People's Armed Forces, and Chairman of the Central Executive Committee, among many others..."

"Go on?"

"I love you so much."

Tears began gushing out of both our eyes.

"You do? You really mean it?"

"I'm sure."

I could see him trying his hardest to process his emotions, surprised at what just happened. He collapsed under the weight of his emotions, overwhelmed at the fact that somebody - or somepony, rather - would show even a bit of affection to him, considering his usually tough nature following the death of his first wife. Crying a river, he fell into the most tender embrace I could give him.

"You're the sweetest woman that I ever had the honour of meeting. You know that?"

"In all honesty, I cannot wait to tell all my friends, especially my little sister, about how I was brave enough to tell you I loved you,"

We began to cuddle even closer, tears still flowing.

"You are a kind, sweet young lady, Celestia, holding a broken man like me in your arms..."

According to Twilight's stories, the Great Leader's first wife was killed by the Virgin Empire during the Insurrection of Whites in 1994 (the Insurrection lasted from 1993-1995), All six of his now grown children were from her, so it was especially painful. And right now, I could see the memories of his first wife emerging from the insides of his mind as we continued to cuddle.

Thinking carefully as to not make him angry or sad, I conferred,

"I want to give us the best years of our lives anypony can ever hope to have. And I will never, not even in an eternity, leave your side, and I will support you in every decision and venture you make." My voice began to crack from my emotions. "Does that s-s-sound good to y-you?"

He replied with a tired nod, managing to squeeze out,

"And there isn't a single person - or pony, I guess - on earth that can deny that we're in love."

"OH, SWEETHEART!" I ejaculated as I began to shower him in kisses in hugs, refusing to let him go.

He wriggled his way out of our embrace as he assumed a hurried look,

"You need to get me back to bed before my guards think that I've been kidnapped."

"But just one more snuggle for the road?" I offered.

"Oh, what the hell? I guess so." He then ran back into my arms before kissing me with intensity rivaling even the Grand Galloping Gala's extravagant fireworks displays.

After all had been said and done, I used a series of spells to respectively put him back in a deep sleep, bind him tightly onto my back, and calm his obviously shaky emotions. After tucking him back under the covers, I repaired the window, making sure to leave it spotless so the guards wouldn't get any bit suspicious.

Then, I out of the bedroom, in the air, and back to the hotel in a flash.

So then I sneaked back into the hotel room, careful not to tread on the creaky floorboards, the same mistake I made sneaking out...

SCREECH!!!

Good. Nopony's awake. Now back to bed - I had a rough night,

"Can't you tell?"

That was my sister, Princess Luna. She was expressing her concerns over my disappearance. Seated on the mattress of her bed, I told her everything, from the incident with the window to my confession of love. Tears flowed from her eyes like she was reading a cheeky romance novel.

Best. Night. Ever.