• Published 22nd May 2013
  • 532 Views, 7 Comments

The Grey - WingBeatz



Fluttershy meets a grey pony one day named Foggy Mist. When he asks her to go on a date with her at sugarcube corner, what happens?

  • ...
5
 7
 532

Falling Head Over Hooves, Accidentally of Course

Falling Head Over Hooves, Accidentally of Course

It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, Equestria. Fluttershy walked outside of her cottage to water the newly bloomed spring flowers. She came to the roses and reached down to smell one. She forgot it had thorns so when she reached to pull it towards her nose she cut her hoof. "Ow!" she gasped. "Oh, Angel!" She called her little rabbit over who had already brought her a bandage. "Oh thank you Angel Bunny." She thanked her rabbit in a shy, quiet voice. She went inside to grab her basket after wrapping her hoof. She put in some fruit and sandwiches, along with a picnic blanket. "Goodbye, Angel Bunny. I'll be back later." She told her rabbit as she walked out the door. She headed to the main town and soon arrived at Twilight Sparkle's house. She knocked on the door lightly. Behind it she could hear cluttering going on when all of a sudden Spike, Twilight's dragon, answered the door.

"Hey Fluttershy! Twilight's in the middle of studying but I can take a message if you want." He smiled and looked over his shoulder quickly to look back at her. Then pulled out a scroll and feather pen when Fluttershy started to respond.

"Oh! She's studying? Okay I'll come back tomorrow. I don't want to be a disturbance." She started to turn away to leave when Twilight suddenly appeared in the doorway and yanked it back open as Spike started to close the door and see her off.

"Fluttershy! Sorry, why did you c... Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about our picnic plans today! I'm so, so, so, so sorry! Can we take a rain check? Princess Celestia gave me all of this work to do over the weekend and I totally forgot. I don't have any free time for the next few days. Would next weekend work?"

"Yes that will work actually." She smiled sweetly. "I have stuff to do today anyway. It's okay. I'll see you later Twilight!" Fluttershy turned and started to walk back into town.

"Bye Fluttershy!" Twilight closed the door as Fluttershy walked into a store. She walked to the front counter and gave the mare sitting there two bits. The mare handed her an apple and smiled while thanking her for coming. Fluttershy thanked her back and then walked out. She took a bite of her apple when suddenly she bumped into something. She stumbled back and fell on her plot. She blushed in embarrassment because she could feel the other pony's staring. She looked up at what she bumped into to find that it was a large, grey stallion. He reminded her of Apple Jack's older brother Big Macintosh. He was tall and slightly less burly than Big Mac. He had grey fur and a darker mane. His big green eyes were very beautiful and she got so distracted that she forgot what had happened. he had been walking with his friend who was brown with a black mane. The grey stallion leaned down to her and held out his hoof to her. With his slightly darker mane falling into his face.

"I'm so sorry, that was my fault. Are you okay?" She let him pull her up and aplogise again. She noticed his cutie mark. A dark rose with ink stains on it.

"It's okay sir. It was more my fault. I should have been watching where I was going." She smiled at him and picked up her basket and apple. She threw her apple away in a close by trash can and started to walk away when he stopped her.

"Wait! What's your name? My name is Foggy Mist."

"My name is Fluttershy."

"That's a beautiful name." He smiled at her then noticed the scratch on her arm. It had started bleeding again. "Oh gosh! Are you bleeding? I'm so sorry!"

"What this? Oh no it's..." He cut her off quickly.

"I feel terrible about the whole thing now."

"Oh it's quiet alright."

"No it's not! Here, how about, I, uh, Oh! I'll treat you to anything you want at Sugarcube Corner. Anything at all!"

"Oh you don't have to do that. Haha."

"I have to! Please?"

"Well if it means that much to you I guess."

"Great! Meet me right here at about 9:00. Okay? I'll see you then!

"Um, okay. See you!" She walked away constantly looking back at him as he did the same. She couldn't believe that he was going to buy her dessert. Oh gosh! She just realized that it was a date! She had never gone on a date before! She soon got home and put her stuff down next to the door. She layed down on the couch and rested her eyes. She slowly fell asleep and dreamed of what it would be like.

Author's Note:

This is the first chapter of a hopefully wonderful new series about Fluttershy and her new lover! You can also find the same story, also still in progress, at my Deviant Art account: http://zanapup.deviantart.com/ it's pretty much the same just with a background and on a different website! Thankz for reading!