• Published 14th May 2013
  • 1,372 Views, 9 Comments

The Necromancer's Forces - InTheNavy



A necromancer is accidentally brought to Equestria and another being is summoned to hopefully stop him.

  • ...
5
 9
 1,372

Chapter 10

Bradley awoke suddenly, pain shot through his back and side, the magic recoiling against him. He gasped for air as the magical residue burned him, glowing blue and singing his flesh. He tried, to no effect, not to scream in agony. Eventually, the pain grew too much for him, and he yelled. Someone replied to his yell, yelling at him to shut the hell up.

“What?” he yelled, in a frenzied state from his wounds. He peered around the room, looking for the source of the voice. He eventually spotted a blue pony sitting upright on the small bed in the back of the cell. He tried his best to give an inquisitive look, in doing so, his magical wound acted up, and sent him back into spasm on the floor.

“Calm yourself! That is potent magic!” she yelled, moving to his side as he lay back on the floor, his chest heaving as he confronted the pain. He looked at her, and she at him. What she had thought was a beast of terror and malice was actually afraid and confused. His eyes pleaded to her, to make it better, at least bearable.

“Unfortunatley, that spell is a time delay spell. The first wave immediatley wounds you, but it's more of a magical poison, designed to inflict agony over time. The fact that you aren't dead yet means that it isn't designed to kill, it's merely designed to hurt.”

He tried to reply, but the burning on his side pulled the breath out of him. He convulsed as the pain shot through his body again. Tears began to form at the edges of his eyes, despite his facade of anger, he was truly terrified.

“The only way to stop the magical poison is to move you as far as possible from those who cast the spell. And as we are in a dungeon, I have no idea how you could do that.”

“S... Send me back!” he barked through his teeth, writhing in pain as he did so.

“I can't send you back. It might not be your home when you get there!”

“I... D... Don't care! Get this off of me!”

She could sense his pain, if not at all obvious. He gasped for air as the glowing blue pulsed slowly. Whenever it would light up his feet would bend his boots and his jaw would tense. Trixie began the spell, trying to focus as he let out small screams of agony. She began to cast it when the magic flared up, he screamed as it went from blue to white.

“That was stupid!” she thought “Of course casting a spell on him will accelerate the process!” she watched as the spell continued itself. Magic began to lift his body, and it soon rendered him unconscious. Light began to pour out of his clothes, and he began to glow, not just the magical poison. In turn, his clothes began to glow with him, eventually he was too bright to directly look at.

With that, a thunderous crack was heard, and Trixie smiled to herself as she turned around, returning to her bed. She cuddled herself up under the torn, raggedy blanket, loftily thinking about how much better of a magician she was than Twilight.

There was a loud thump somewhere in the cell, and she turned to see what it was. Maybe a new prisoner? She turned to see the sofly glowing blue of Bradley, his body slumped over something else. She cautiously approached the figure, as she did so, the figure below Bradley moved and struggled, shoving Bradley off of itself. It stood, standing the same way that Bradley did, it was another like him.

Trixie strained to inspect the new creature, trying to see it in the dim light. She lit up her horn slightly to reveal it, in doing so, she alerted it that she was occupying the cell. His clothes were nothing like Bradley's, they were bright orange, and his pants were blue. His face expressed an instance of shock, then one of query.

“Trixie? Are you Trixie?”

“Um...” she was caught off guard by the comment “Yes? How do you know my name?”

“You're from the show!”

“The... Show?”

“Does this mean that I'm in equestria?”

“Yes... You are... What did you mean by 'the show'?”

“Where I come from, there is lore of this land.”

“Oh, and I am told of in your land?”

“Yes!” Trixie smiled with pride, she was talked about in lands that weren't even on this planet.

“Well. I seem to be at a bit of a disadvantage. You know my name and I don't know yours?”

“My name is Jay!” stated the excited human, taking a step forward to extend his hand. He tripped over Bradley, and fell face first onto the dusty floor. He rolled onto his back and peered at Bradley.

“Did he come with me?”

“No, you came here when I tried to send you back.”

“Oh. Who is he?”

“He's a warrior. He was summoned to defeat the Necromancer who has been tormenting the land.”

“Did you give him magic armor?”

“No, why would you ask?”

“He's glowing?”

“Oh. In an effort to save our princess-”

“Celestia?” Jay interrupted

“Yes. In an effort to save Celestia he was hit with a magical attack strong enough to fell gods. Fortunatley, your kind has a massive resistance to magic. But the attack was designed to linger, sending him to your world would rend the spell useless. As the auras of the humans would rip it to shreds, not to mention the problems with maintaining spells at a distance.”

“Are you going to try again?”

“I would rather not, as this cell is small and it could fill up quickly. Anyways, you humans have an affinity for fucking up magic. Maybe you should try poking at the spell? He was able to break a spell that subdued a god, maybe you could remove it from him?”

Jay bent down to Bradley's side, and started prodding at the glowing mass. He let out a sharp yell as it burned his finger, causing him a great ordeal of pain. He tried to remove the vest that Bradley wore, but found that it clung to the mask that he wore. He pulled on the side of the mask, and with a soft sucking sound it yeilded. With the mas off, bradley's face was revealed, although pale.

“B... Bradley?” he wispered.

“What did you day?”

“This is Bradley, he is one of my friends from Highschool!”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he was a grade ahead of me. He joined the military as soon as he graduated, but I stayed home to become a writer.”

“The spell must have brought you because you were stored in his memory. The probabilty of the two of you knowing each other when the spell selects someone at random throughout time is negligible.”

Author's Note:

I know that it's short, but I'm finding less and less time every day to write. Chapters one to four were written in one day :P
Anyways, shoutout to my friend who is Cameoing as Jay, if he has an account here he should comment to get some recognition. He's the one that showed me MLP, despite me being a fuckass about it and judging it based on the art style/designated audience.