• Published 9th May 2013
  • 571 Views, 6 Comments

Dashies revenge - mr_gusta



Dash gets in a race but after losing, she had to find a way to get back at the "winner"

  • ...
23
 6
 571

%1% The race that went wrong

It started off as a normal day for Rainbow Dash, weather duties where completed for the day so all there was left to do was take a nap. As she looked for the perfect cloud to sleep on, she was distracted by a Pegasus walking around the clouds.
“Hey Rainbow Dash, remember me?” the Pegasus asked.
“Uh, sure I do, you where a good flyer” Dash tried to avoid answering because she doesn’t remember the Pegasus in front of her.
“I remember back in Clouds Dale, we had to race each other, you won by allot” The Pegasus said this hoping it would help Dash remember.
“Oh yeh, I remember you” Dash said this is the most convincing tone she could.
“Perfect, I'm glad I found you actually, because I want a redo on the race” the Pegasus demanded.
“You think you can win a race against Ponyvile’s fastest and best pony? Not counting you lost to me all the time” Rainbow Dash exclaimed these points with pride. She forgot she had no idea who this blue coloured Pegasus with a green mane was.
“If you think you’re that good, why not prove it, you and me, right now” The blue Pegasus demanded at Rainbow Dash.
“Fine than, tell me where to start and finish, I’ll meet you at the finish line”
“Start by the cloud pillar over there, take a turn over there and than a straight run to the finish line”
“Ha, is that all you have?” Rainbow Dash said as if she was expecting a marathon.
Both Pegasus flew to the start line, crouched down ready for a fast take off. Before Dash even knew about it, the blue pony yelled “GO”. Dash was caught off guard, but that wouldn’t stop her, not one bit.
“You try to cheat, that will make my victory so much better” Rainbow dash said as she passed the pony.
The blue pony was so upset, and left to think to think of how else he could win, he didn’t notice one key factor. As Dash was turning the corner she caught a glimpse of a blue and green blur, heading towards her.
By the time the blue pony realised he was heading off course, it was too late. With a loud thud, the blue Pegasus hovered in one spot, trying to think what happened.
He started to fly down, watching Rainbow Dash’s unconscious body falling, trying to catch up to her and save her. It all seemed so slow, as he tried to shape his body to fall faster. He had no other choice but to stop and hope something was down there.
As Rainbow Dash woke up on the ground, she saw all her friends standing over her crying, even the green pony was standing there crying, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean too. I'm sorry, Dash” He repeated this over and over.
“Well you should be sorry, you could have killed me” she said, only getting an apology in response.
“Fine, I get it, you’re sorry” she said to him.
“Why are you all crying? I'm fine now” Dash said to reassure her friends. But they all sat there crying, watching a nurse slowly walk over with a blanket, followed by a police pony.
“What’s going on” Dash asked, but still no one responded.
Dash stood up and slowly walked backwards. “no, this. this isn’t real, I'm unconscious, this a dream” she whispered to reassure herself. As she walked back all she saw was her friends, crying uncontrollably hugging each other, over a dead rainbow maned Pegasus, being covered with a blanket.