• Published 5th May 2013
  • 644 Views, 12 Comments

Elemental - Ruby-Lune



Ever wondered about the dark version of the Elements of Harmony? So has Twilight...and she'll stop at nothing to create it.

  • ...
6
 12
 644

Figment

Twilight sighed. Memories of better times were lovely, of course, but she had work to do. Even if her princess-ship had been revoked, she still had to study. For the good of Equestria, of course, and nothing else.

Is it, though?
The alicorn winced. He was back...the voice that started this whole messy process.

"Of course it is! I'm only doing this for the other ponies. They are the ones who need help anyway!" Twilight spoke furiously.

Oh, I'm sure that's the only reason you stole Rarity's beauty magic, isn't it?
Twilight froze. "How...how do you know about that?" That was a part of her past she'd really like to forget...

I know everything, my dear. After all, I am just a figment of your mind...right?
Twilight sighed yet again. "Well, now I'm not sure."

The voice, who she had actually come to call Figment over the years, was her constant companion, but also her worst enemy. No matter what she tried, she just could not...

Get rid of me? Now why in Equestria would you want to do that?

"You know perfectly well," she growled.

Oh, just because I infuse your very brain with hatred, doubt, and insecurity? That's not a very good reason. I'm afraid you may be...drawing a blank .
And with those final words, Twilight's face went slack. Her eyes went grey and swirled, and she stood perfectly still.
Discord materialized.

"Not my best wordplay, but it does feel phenomenal to stretch my claws at last. I do so hate being cooped up in voice-in-the-head mode," the draconequus chuckled.

"Now, Miss Sparkle. You haven't been practicing your dark magic as much as I would like to see, have you? And especially not on a living target. Those do produce the best results. So I'm afraid I have no choice but to make you practice. And just to add that special zing of chaos I do so well...you're going to practice on your friends."

Discord grinned. And then he dematerialized back inside Twilight's head, ready to see the darkness that would wash over his victim-and her friends.