Command and Conquer Headquarters 327 members · 33 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

A few times i have checked EA's stocks just to see it fall a little lower (im petty that way) and it got me thinking:

how low would the stocks have to go down before EA would sell off the Command & conquer intellectual property do you think?

And who would be your favorable developers to pick it up?

They won't sell it. EA has never sold an IP once in its existence.
C&C is a dead franchise, and it's been dead for well over a decade now.
It's best to be glad that it happened than bitter over its death.

But to answer the questions:
1. Damn low. Perhaps even in freefall.
2. Paradox Development Studio, the in-house developers of Paradox Interactive. AKA the guys who made Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris. They also published Surviving Mars.

They do seem like the type to horde everything even if their ship were to go down, another reason why I ask is that an EA developer, jim vesselar, got onto reddit and asked everyone what they want to see in a remaster or a sequel.

Just seemed like a coincidence that they would be asking this question now, a time when their stocks are dipping and they know that command and conquer has a strong fan base. (Or maybe my paranoia has finally got to me)

They might actually make a good game to win back fans, then follow up with garbage.

Links or it didn't happen.

And even then, don't get your hopes up.
C&C 4 was a massive flop, and that new browser flash game thing they're doing is an insult to the universe.
Even if a game was to come out of this, considering the previous dozen or so games made by EA, it would be godawful at best and digital shit at worst.

Mind you, most of the C&C fanbase has moved on. What you interpret as a "strong fanbase" is just more-or-less a vocal minority.
I, for one, find myself playing more and more Starcraft (original, not Starcraft 2) after Blizzard released the remaster.
And Supreme Commander allows me to build armies that are monstrously ridiculous in size, even considering that C&C didn't have a population limit and Supreme Commander does.

Click this with a heavy helping of salt, for when a pinch is not enough. I'm hoping they will remaster tiberian sun to be honest.

I fear you may be right.

Don't get my hopes up. I would do almost anything for a Tiberian Sun Remastered, with all the content that Westwood originally intended.
Tiberian Sun has been, and always will be, my favorite in the C&C franchise.

May be right?
You know I am.
EA killed it, and as the old saying goes, there's no sense crying over spilled milk.

Tiberium fauna and flora, the array of futuristic technology and units, the atmosphere and music. As much as I enjoyed Tiberium wars and its gameplay, it's seems EA took several steps back with the story telling and units designs, I got the impression they were trying too hard to copy "modern day" weapons and vehicles. (I'd take wolverines, Titans and mammoth MK II's over boring pit bulls! predator tanks and mammoth MK I copies any day)

Believe me, I'm being very cautious especially if the game turns out to be a sequel, but if they do make a remaster ( with no, I repeat, NO micro transactions of any sort) then I'll give it a go (unless it's red alert 3, Felt too much like Starcraft 2).

You know, I wouldn't mind it if they were to restart work on the first person shooter 'Tiberium' (they're very imaginative with the naming aren't they?)

I loved Tiberium Sun.

Indeed.

Tiberium Sun was one of my first c and c games I ever played, that and red alert. EA has show they can never be trusted.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10