The Idea Factory 251 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

For the longest time, I've longed to make a good first impression with my writing. The problem is that I have too many good ideas and not enough time in the day to write them. What I need is a small team of writers. Not only do I need help putting them all together, but some of these ideas are open interaction for anyone who wants in. Now that I got that established, let's look at these ideas. I smell gold! :pinkiehappy: (No wait. I just farted.)

Blank Slates

The idea with blank slates is the show proper. I've seen and read too many fanfictions with the same characters from the show. If I may ask, what if we as writers recreated the characters in our own image? Maybe someone wants to combine Rainbow Dash's G4 personality with her G3 job. She'd be a fashion model who's full of herself. Or maybe a tomboyish Pinkie Pie who speaks four languages fluently? Perhaps Twilight would be the quiet type. These are my ideas for recreated characters though. With a little team effort, I'm sure I can expand on their personal lives, strengths and weaknesses.

Crossover

Some of the remnants of Ganondorf seek to end his seal lead by a powerful wizard named Agahnim who he once trained. However, the task to break the seal requires great magic to do so and the wizard and his dark army try to find this magic across various worlds. Epona, decedent of the one that helped Link, gets a vision about such evil going on and curiously decides to find more about it after leaving her tribe of horses. (She grew up hearing tales of her ancestor). Meanwhile, Agahnim and his forces use a dark portal to enter Equestria and find the Elements of Harmony on the tree. Sensing great power, he takes them, preparing to use them to corrupt and bring his master back.

Twilight and her friends, sensing the danger, go to stop him but are unmatched and held hostage, intended to be used as sacrifices by bringing them back to Hyrule. Before they can be killed, Epona comes in and saves them, while getting exposed to Equestrian magic that allows her to speak and think like the others. The seven escape but the Elements are still in Agahnim hands. He corrupts them and sends them into various places around Hyrule to cause havoc and weaken the seal. Epona explains the situation to the Mane Six and they agree to work together to purify the Elements, stop Agahnim, and return home.

The premise is fairly old and it longs for a revision. The crossover title is called Legend of Epona. It has the same idea as Equestria Epona by Shritistrang where Epona goes to Equestria, but the setitng is reversed and the core premise has to answer one important question. How do I merge both series into one story? Two things come to mind. The crystalline found in the time crystals and the Tree of Harmony are related, which allows Agahnim's forces inter-dimensional access to Equestria. Epona has a major role in the story, but I can't spoil it here. Honestly, this is the biggest idea I've ever created and the one that will take the most time to create.

(Mis)Shippings, the Collection of One-Shots

(Mis)Shippings is a collection of one-shot shipfics that goes completely against the fandom's ideal couples in the series. It is also an open interactive portfolio for any writers who just want to write. None of these are established shippings either. The focus is mostly with Slice of Life, Comedy and Drama as the major genres. Yes, there is romance here and there, but I'm sure that's something the average reader can pick up on. Some of my not so established shippings ideas are Sunset Shimmer and Cheese Sandwich, Spike versus Rumble (x Rarity), Pinkie Pie and Flash Sentry, Soarin' and Starlight Glimmer, and a Button Mash and Sweetie Belle... with a twist! :trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1