School for New Writers 5,012 members · 9,620 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Bandy
Group Contributor

Romantic bonds take time to form, regardless of whether you're in the real world or Gayass-Ponyfanficlandistan. If you can form an honest, deep bond between two characters in under 5k words, you're probably doing it wrong.

This doesn't mean your shipfics have to be a million words long. Just, please, put a little more thought into why your characters want to make out behind a dumpster in the back lot of Denny's, not just how they go about doing it.

Hey, this group isn't dead!

477029 >implying this means the group isn't dead
This got posted about 6 hours ago, and you and me are the only commenters. Can't say much, here.

I resent that! There just hasn't been anything to really comment on.

477122 Well, I think TWE kind of took over as the go to group people recommended new writers to go to for education. Although, considering that most of the teachers of this group are in that group, I'd imagine people are at least getting the same kind of advice. I never got around to rejoining after they did that cleaning out of the group. Might have to get on that some time.

But, yeah, the point is this group got replaced for the most part :applejackunsure:

477311 Yeah; the groups are similar, but the TWE is more about reviewing than this group.

As you said, it basically is the same thing, but the TWE is being more forceful about getting advice in there.

477315 Plus, we've pretty much covered all there is to talk about in the threads we have on here. Now, lectures are either about minor things or about topics that has been covered before in previous threads. Even this topic of shipping has been talked about. I know because I talked about not rushing ships in my "Hazardous Topics" lecture. We still have your contests and what not, but this group has obviously died down since TWE came in to take care of reviews. Unless the groups teamed up or something, I think this group may end up becoming closer to extinction.

Oddly enough, I was there to see both groups born on the stories they were thought up on. I guess I'll be here to see one of them pass away too. At least the threads we have will help out the new writers that stumble upon it.

Bandy
Group Contributor

477323>>477315>>477189>>477029 Way to stay on-topic guys, this conversation is really staying true to the original focal point.

It's our talent.

XiF

477356 Whoo! Do I get a trophy for something? :pinkiegasp:

Bandy
Group Contributor
XiF

477883 I won! I won! Iwoniwoniwonahahahahaiwonidon'tknowwhatBUTIWONHAHAYOUALLARELOSERSBECAUSEIWON

C12

477883 I, being dutch, find this insulting. Please continue.

DH7

The quick solution is to stop reading M-rated one-shots.

Cryosite
Group Contributor
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17