The Roleplayer's Guild! 180 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 695 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 695

((Game for Feather Gear and NeonHarmony.))

Passing through the city of Manehatten, Burning Zeal finds himself in an interesting predicament. Just at the side of the road was a young mare, sitting there covered in dirt and looking as though she hasn't eaten in days. Following his teachings, he decides to indulge in the opportunity to do as he pleased for once. He trotted up to her and stood tall in front of her, keeping he head up while staring down at her. "Child, what is it's name?"

2188636 The mare looked up at the stallion who stood over her. "My names...Shadow," she stuttered and quickly looking away from the stallion's silver/gray eyes. "Who are you?"

The stallion tilts his head. "Such an odd question when there are so many more it could have asked..." He says to himself. He looks back down at her. "I don't feel like telling you." He turns around and starts to walk away, only to stop a few feet ahead and looks back over his shoulder only to say, "Come." He begins to walk again.

2188742 Shadow jumps up from the sidewalk and starts to follow the odd stallion. "Why won't you tell me your name? It can't be that bad." She says with a questioning look in her bright eyes. "Where are you from? What do you do?" Shadow bombards the stallion with questions in hope that he will reply.

Burning merely stops and looks back at the mare, getting up and close to her face. "Stop asking questions, or go back to being helpless on the street." He says it with such a lack of emotion, that it almost sounds cynical. He turns back around and continues down the road.

She stops taken aback with the rage from the stallion. She stops and thinks about going back and sitting on the street, helpless and alone. No, She thinks, I can't stay like that! And she continued to follow the mysterious stallion down the road.

(I gtg I should be back tomorrow after 4 hopefully)

2188910 ((Actually, I'm off work tomorrow, so expect me maybe before noon.))

Burning leads the mare to a hotel, one that's not too expensive, but isn't exactly cheep. He heads up the stairs and into a room with Shadow behind him. The room is nice, complete with two beds and a single bathroom. There's also a table at the end of the room, that Burning sits down at, staring at the mare.

2188944 ((Sorry I had school : ( ))

Shadow enters silently behind him. As he sits down she notices that he is staring at her. She walks over to the table and sits down across from him. "Umm...why am I here? What do you want of me?"

Burning sits and stares, seeming as though he never heard the question. After a few seconds, he finally speaks up with a great voice. "So many pointless questions it has, doesn't it? Well, I feel like indulging it's curiosity." He stands up and lays on the bed. "You're here because I felt like helping you. Now, I don't know what I feel doing. Probably sleeping..." He looks up and around the room, then back down to her. "But I guess the question is, what does it want?" He says, adding emphasis on the 'it'. "It must want to clean itself. Or even at least it must be hungry."

Shadow blinked, very confused and upset about being called an 'it'. "First of all I'm not an it. Second, yes I am hungry." Haven't eaten in days. She added this to herself. "And if you're going to sleep I'll get food myself!" She said this and quickly started looking for food.

Burning looks up at the mare with amusement. "All it needs to do is ask and it shall receive." He puts simply. He then leans over and grabs the phone. "What will it be having?" He holds the phone out in front of him about to press a button.

Shadow was appalled. She was being offered food from an absolute stranger. "Um.. just 1 simple sandwich will be fine...I'm not hungry," She lied hoping it wasn't noticeable.

"Mmm... Nope." He simply says. He dials the room service number and starts to talk. "Yes, I would like the special. Please make it a double. And another towel. Yes. That will be all." He was about to take the phone away from his ear when he yells, "Wait! I would also like a chocolate milk. Thank you." he hangs up and puts the phone back, then returns to just stare at the mare as he sits on the bed.

She frowned, "No one listens to be," she mumbled. She looked up to see that he was staring at her...again. "While we're waiting we you tell me your name now?"

"Hmm..." He puts his hoof to his chin and thinks about it. "Maybe... Why not? My name is Burning Zeal."

"What?! That's it!!! I follow you around ALL day and all you tell me is your name?!?!!?" She shouted angerly, she was so mad you could practically see steam rising out of her ears and nose. After 2 second Shadow calmed down, "Sorry," she said as she hung her head, " I over react a lot... It's just my luck..."

"All it asked for was my name." He said matter a factly. "If you want to know more, just ask. I'm in the mood." He returned to just staring at her.

Shadow looked embarrassed. "Sorry... Um so.. What do you do for a living? Why did you really take me here? There has to be more. I know." She said this as she plopped down onto the ground.

Burning tilts his head to the side. "Interesting... Well, I'm paid to go around and do as my boss and I please. As to why I brought you here... Because I felt like it. I felt like helping you, so I did." He scans her up and down. "Hm... Judging by the way you look, I take it, it wants a bath? Go right ahead. Food shouldn't be here for another half an hour or so."

"Hmm.." she said, somewhat surprised. Shadow looked down at herself. I'm not that dirty She thought. *Sigh* "Fine, I'll be right back." She quickly flapped her wings and flew off to the bathroom.

2195534 ((Sorry. Went to swim class.))

Burning just sat on the bed as he heard the water running. "Huh..." He thought, "This is an interesting tern of events... Why did I want to help her? I don't usually help random ponies. Not since..." Just then, he felt a giant shocking pain in his head, and the tip of his broken horn sent sparks out. "GAH!" He screamed, but the pain only lasted a few seconds. But even those few seconds were too much for him as he collapsed onto the bed, panting.

2196622 ((Sorry got off then had school...))

Shadow quickly finished her bath, her coat looking much cleaner and somewhat fluffy, she wrapped her dripping mane into a towel and rushed off to see what the commotion was. It was Burning Zeal, he collapsed onto the bed. "Are you okay??" she asked this question urgently, the panic level rising in her voice.

"I'm..." There is a pained look in his eyes that quickly go away. "Fine. I'm fine. Did you enjoy your bath?" He asked, trying to redirect the attention off of him.

"Oh..yea. It was...fine." She said feeling bad that she couldn't help the stallion. She started to walk over to him just to make sure he was find but as she neared him there was a quiet knock at the door.

His gaze rapidly shot to the door. "Oh! Must be your dinner!" And even with the enthusiasm in his voice, he didn't show any signs of getting up as a second knock came on the door.

Shadow rolled her eyes, "Fine, I'll get it." She started to walk over to the door where she paused to open the door. She then opened the door. Standing there at the door was...no pony at all. All there was was a cart of food. "Umm.. Burning there's nopony here."

((Last time I'll be able to do this for a while. :( I won't be able to get on tomorrow but I should hopefully be back on by Thursday))

2202150 ((Alright. And sorry, I think I might have looked at this, but forgot that I did :twilightblush:))

"Yeah." He says nonchalantly, still laying on the bed. "There usually isn't. Just bring it in."

2218221 ((Thats ok :pinkiesmile:))

"Okay," she said drawing the sounds out. She excited the room to get the cart. When she reentered she asked, "So.. um.. what is this anyway?"

"Two orders of the special." The responds quickly. "Go ahead and eat. But don't drink my Chocolate Milk!" He jumps up and grabs the glass quickly, then returns to his bed, sipping it slowly.

Shadow nodded, "Ok..Don't get touchy about your chocolate milk..." She sighed. She grabbed her food in between her hooves. "Is it okay if I use the other bed? Or should I use the table?"

Burning looks up from his drink. "It's your bed. Do what ever you want to do."

"Oh!" She exclaimed her head shooting up. "It's my bed?!" With food in hooves she slowly walked over to set up her food to eat.

Burning looks up at her with a confused look. "Why yes. If this is my bed, who's bed did you think that was?"

Shadow looked embarrassed, "I-I don't know," she stuttered. "We're you expecting anypony else?"

"Nope." He takes a swig from his drink. "I wasn't expecting anyone. Just felt like getting a room with two beds."

"Hmmm..." She jumped onto the bed gracefully and started to casually eat her food. "So..What is this? "

"What is what?" He asks, casually drinking.

"The food," She replied, "Do NOT say the special." sh said the last part firmly before eating some more food.

Burning looks up at her offended. "Well how am I supposed to know what you're eating!? You're the one eating it!"

She stopped. "You're right..." She looked at her food to see what she was eating. "I still don't know what this is."

"Does it taste good at least?" Burning tips his glass completely upside down and drinks in the last of his drink with a loud "Aaaaah~!"

"Yea," she replied quietly. "Is there anything I'm supposed to do for you or am I here for no reason?"

"Well..." Burning puts his hoof to his chin and thinks. "I guess there is one thing you could do..." He looks over to her, and for once there is a small glimmer in his eyes.

"What?" She asked skeptically seeing the faint glimmer in his eye.

Burning grins. "I am in need of a traveling companion."

"Are you serious?! That sounds so cool" she was so happy she flew 2 quick laps around the room. "Opps," She muttered when she re landed on her bed," Sorry sometimes I'm really childish..."

"And that's a bad thing?" Burning looks up at her with amusement. "The mind of a child holds the most creativity. But when it is tempered and directed by a mature mind, that is where great things come from." He roles over and flips the blanket on top of him. "Sleep on these words, and you might learn something."

Shadow nodded, "Okay..." She looked out the window to see the sun setting. She lifted the blanket with her wing and snuggled under her blanket and quickly drifted off to sleep.

2221324 ((Well that was a good 'first day'. Where to next?))

2221333 ((I guess they could start with their 'adventure' each asking each other about one another. Ha first day took 5 days to finish))

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 695