The Roleplayer's Guild! 180 members · 43 stories
Comments ( 219 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 219
Comment posted by Vinyl Stab deleted May 19th, 2013

"Yeah she did it er'self...Zecora was always into dat spiritual shit. I never believed it...but I tell ya she could make one helluva soup." Subs said smiling. He refused to let himself look up at the corpse, but the image was immovable. His light laughter was mixed and eventually stifled by unavoidable crying. He listened to the others suggestions to move, and found it all together fitting. However there was a lot of forest between there and canterlot- and plenty of the undead. Here was a fine place to stay until sunrise. "Cut'a down. Put a blanket ova her or sometin'. We'll stay in here for a while..." he said.
((TrueBlood you're up soon fyi))
1000953>>1003449>>1003437>>999246

((Okay, thanks for the heads up. I figured someone would let me know when you were getting close to Canterlot. I'll have the next bit of Luna's escapades up soon too. Had myself a bad case of writer's block lately, but I reckon I can find inspiration enough for a bit of post-apocalyptic Luna))

841696((Hey man is it too late to join in on this, cause I sure as Hell want to try this out with you guys! :D)

1005065>>1010554 ((I don't see why not, but I think it's up to Vinyl Stab.))

1010554 ((Go ahead, Jump in bro.))

Noon- Partially cloudy- Cold- Fall

1003449>>1000953>>999246>>991324

Slowly a door to an old pub opened, releasing a God awful screech as the hinges slowly allowed it to open. As the door opened a white light cascade through the crack illimuniating the darkness with it's glow. Through the light came a unicorn. Dressed in a grey body outfit that was covered in pockets and a large saddle bag on her back. Nopony could see her face do to the large gas-mask she wore, which covered a large portion of her head. She also wore a hood covering the back of her neck and head, she was covered from head to hoof in clothing not a speck of skin to be seen.

She caustiously made her way into the old pub, while levitating her old trusty kro-bar. She turned and glanced back at the door she just opened. Just to be safe she went back and closed it, just encase a trotter was sneaking up behind her it wouldn't jump out and snatch her.

Crash!

Quickly turning back towards the loud crash, she saw three trotters come shambling down the stairs that led to the guest bedrooms. She grinned under her mask, slowly the began to make her way towards the trotters. Levitating her weapon high in the air she said to the first trotter, "Forgive me darling." with a slight Trottingham (British) accent. The Kro-bar slammed into the side of the trotter's head causing it to cave in. Blood sprayed out of it's mouth and it's left eye exploded due to the force, instantly the trotter keeled over and died. Glancing over at the other two trotters who seemed to be having trouble making thejir way over to her due to the amount of stools and tipped over tables. The mare shrugged and placed her Kro-bar back into her saddle bag.

She then used her magic to pull out a large survival knife, about a five inch blade. She slowly made her way towards the two. They weren't much of a problem to kill off since they were tangled up in all the debris that laid everywhere. She quickly jammed the blade into each of their head killing them off silently.

After she finished off cleaning her blade she placed it back in it's sheath right at her side were it belonged. After doing one last look around and finding nothing, she made her way upstairs. The pub over all was picked clean of supplies and trotters. She made her way into one of the guest bedrooms, the sight of the bed made her yawn. Glancing at the door, she looked back at the bed, I guess I could sleep here for a while.

She closed the door and took a nearby dresser and shoved it infront of the door, creating a make shift barricade. With that she yawned one more time, taking off her gas mask she placed it on the dresser and hopped on the bed. Curling up into a ball she placed her head on the pillow, and she was out like a rock.

(Sup!)

1003437>>1000953>>999246 ((You three wanna offer some input maybe?:trixieshiftright:))

1015346 ((Lemme see what I can do.))

Miracle looked up after she was sure she had finished vomiting. "How do you do that to yourself?" she asked.

1015346 (Oh sorry, if you're talking about my character, her name is Lily Star. And she is in Canterlot.)

1020305>>1010597>>1024640 ((guess we're gonna have to make tracks. Sorry if any of this seems exaggerated- Subs' blasts aren't like a sneeze or something, but it would make sense if this happened. ))

"I dun' know...I guess you's just gotta keep- keep-" Subs said to Miracle. His voice was breaking from the amount of emotion in him, and tears were kept just behind the gates of his eyelids. All energy he had was surged up towards his head trying to straighten himself out, but this whole experience had gone and thrown a wrench in his gears. He was falling apart. And what was about to happen next, wasn't of much help. His leg blade was been extended since they left the clearing, as he'd never found a moment to close it. backing up and rubbing his eyes with his hoof, he inadvertantly gut one of the lines suspending Zecora's body. The rope snapping with a sudden Wip!, her corpse fell and hit the large cauldron, as well as knocking over some glass containers. The sudden commotion mixed with his already enflamed emotions could not have reached a worse outcome. Subs turned on his hoof, not even opening his eyes, and shot a bass blast. The power scorched a massive hole in the exterior of the building, and Subs lost all sense of hearing for a good 10 seconds. With the sudden loss of energy, he was incoherent and unable to effectively move. However he was able to stumble towards the door and say "We's gotta get outta here...". The loud noise would attract plenty of unwanted attention, and the structure would likely collapse soon anyway.

Miracle gasped as a chunk of wood from the ceiling shattered the jar her vomit was contained in. "Agreed. RUN!!" she cried as she made a b-line for the door. Just before she made it to the doorway, a sharp cramping pain in her stomach caused her stop and flinch in pain. As she just stood there, another branch clocked her in the head, rendering her unconscious.

1031621>>1024640>>1020305>>1015346

Gray Shark held his hat as the blast sent airwaves flying in his direction. He almost toppled over while holding his ground. Gah, the circumstances truly are against us! Gray Shark made sure that everybody was in one piece before peering out into the hole in the wall. Trotters were already clawing their way towards the sound of excitement.

"We's gotta get outta here..."

He's right...we won't be safe for long. Looks like this place was picked clean too. The best thing we can do is pull ourselves together and live another day.

"We don't have much time, Gray. They're already closing in!" Black Arc said. "Did they get faster or something?"

Maybe they were waiting around this whole time...

1033923>>1033979>>1015346>>1024640

Subs hobbled out of the cottage, his vision blurry and distorted. The sounds around him were still faint- his ears unrecovered from the blast. He could see the movement of the trotters, however his mind wasn't able to register them as trotters. Instead, he haphazardly wobbled through trees and brush looking for some sort of temporary refuge. He was unaware of his companions positions, and had almost entirely forgotten about them in the first place. Behind him, the structure of the hut slowly began to cave in. He couldn't hear it, but he knew it was happening. Utterly exhausted and apathetic to any purpose to continue pressing on, he slumped against a tree and closed his eyes breathing heavily. A single bead of crimson ran down the front of his face from a cut created by a piece of shrapnel in the hut.

1063671>>1033979>>1015346

Lily woke to the sound of something slamming up against the door, her eyes snapping opening. Instantly her vision darted towards the shaking door. Every few seconds it would shake voilently due to whatever it was ramming into it. Quickly scrambling back onto her hooves she quickly ran to the dresser grabbing her gas mask she placed it over her face. Grabbing her saddle bag, she began looking for a possibly escape route.

The trotters behind the door released menacing screechs into the air, alerting others to her known position. "Dammit! she cursed, looking towards the window she could see the ruin city of Canterlot, ignoring the depressing sight she smashed the window open with her kro-bar.

Sticking her head out the window she saw that there was an emergency fire exit just two stories below her. Her vision blured at the sight, Lily was never fond of hieghts. Having second thoughts she glanced back at the door. Another roar could be heard as the door shook violently once again, this time causing a few splintered pieces of wood to break off the hinges. It's only a matter of time before they break in!

Shaking all fears from her mind Lily glanced out the window again at the fire escape, taking a dep breath she heard the door give way. As a dozen or so trotters poor into the room, Lily jumped...

Lily crumpled onto the floor of the emergency escaped, screaming at the top her lungs she felt her right fore leg snap! Lily howled in pain, gritting her teeth she pushed herself up off the floor of the emergency escape limping her way down the stair well and back onto ground level whimpering all the way...

((Just so you know, Luna (that's me) has a sort of sanctuary in upper Canterlot. A couple of hundred ponies, dragons, griffons, diamond dogs, etc. The others should be arriving soon, or at least getting on their way, so feel free to stop in and say hi if you want :twilightsmile:))

The sounds of impoverished ponies trying to keep as quiet as possible washed over Luna as she slowly trotted through the streets of upper Canterlot where her refugees huddled together in small groups, or shuddered alone under what little cloth and fabric could be found and converted into makeshift blankets. The conditions were far from ideal, but it was safe, for now, and that was more than anypony could expect of most anywhere else in Equestria.

At least the septic system is still functional, Luna thought grimly. She hated to imagine how horrific conditions would be if everypony was living in their own filth, as well as their fear.

Through the streets Luna walked, greeting every one of the creatures she met, ponies and otherwise, by name. She walked through every street, down every lane, along every path so that not a single one of her subjects was left out. It was an exercise that took the better part of the day, and she had been at it for quite some time, but despite the number of ponies in the camp, she took pride in the fact that she knew the names of every one of them.

Spreading her presence around the city was an important task, but she also checked all of the guard stations leading into the lower tiers of Canterlot. There was always four ponies at each station at all times, and shifts changed four times a day, two ponies at a time. There was also at least one unicorn stationed at each checkpoint, to send up a signal flair in the event of an emergency.

She was just nearing what she believed to be the halfway point when she heard the rushed clopping of a pony running at full gallop. Nopony ever galloped in Canterlot, - Luna herself had dissuaded it, as it made too much noise - the only reason somepony would be galloping was...

Luna wheeled around in time to see a guard sprinting full-pelt down the street towards her. He was out of breath, as if he had run halfway across the city, and his expression was almost frantic. Not for the first time, Luna regretted not having a properly trained regiment of equestrian soldiers, but it was a foalish hope.

The guard approached, - his name was Tilling Fields, a farmer from southern Baltimare or some there-abouts, Luna recalled - He was panting, but had enough breath to sputter the beginnings of a sentence.

“Princess, you must come, there’s been a-” Luna cut him off with a wave, which elicited a bow from the distraught pony.

“The matter is clearly important, as you’ve seen fit to alert me now, instead of waiting for my return to the castle. This is no place for such a discussion. Catch your breath, and lead on.” Luna said no more. No more was needed to be said, and as the guard turned and galloped straight back off again, Luna followed at a brisk trot, wondering what could possibly elicit this response from her guards. They may not be properly trained as her guards before the outbreak, but they were brave of heart and steadfast in their devotion.

Whatever was happening, it couldn’t be good.

1063671 1033979 1033923 1015346
((Ohhhh I love cliffhangers. When I'm writing them, anyway. You can probably tell if you've read any of my stories. When I'm on the receiving end of them though, they suck! :rainbowlaugh: Had to end this one now though, else it'd end up being twice as long or more. I'll post the next bit as soon as a bit more of your story has passed. Don't want to set up everything at Canterlot and have you all take ages to get there :rainbowwild: Anyway, enjoy

1080255 The lower streets of Canterlot were flooded with Trotters, the undead stood shoulder to shoulder. Practically forming a wall that is almost impossible to break through, the Trotters surrounded the pub bashing and breaking through the windows. All letting out screeching howls into the sky, only to bring more moments later.

Lily winced once her hoof touched the cobblestone ground, slowly she began making her way around the massive Horde of undead. Keeping her kro-bar as close to her as possibly, looking up the road she saw more Trotters shambling down it coming to join the massive moshpit at the hub. Luckly none of them knows she left, using this diversion she quickly hopped into one of the alleyways and limped to the nearest non flooded street.

Upon finding a not so crowded street, Lily stopped to take a breather. Glancing left then right, she took off her saddle bag and began taking inventory. Lily's lips cascaded down into a frown, she had little to no more food. Sighing she flung the saddle bag back onto her bag, glancing around she noticed that most buildings around here have already been looted because of her.

She already picked teh slums completely clean, with one last deep breath she glanced up at the Canterlot castle itself. The one place she dared never to go loot for sake of the Princess, with a shrug and wince from her broken leg. She began limping towards the upper streets of Canterlot, possibly one of the most dagnerous areas of the city. Or it could either be the safest parts, she doesn't she has never been up there before.

((Yippie! Don't ask.))

((Uh, somebody wanna kick this back off?))

((Wow. I've been meaning to check up on this for a while, but it looks like it's fallen to pieces. What's going on everyone? I was hoping you'd have gone at least somewhere by now.))

Flutterguy 26
Group Admin

1452925>>1155575>>1080416>>1063671>>1033979 ((Ok guys, things are looking a bit inactive around here. Just wondering If this will be getting back on its feet any time soon... or at all.))

((Edit: OH HEY TRUEBLOOD))

1879643>>1452925>>1155575 I was last post and I've been waiting for all of you to continue it.

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 219