Rainbow Factory 258 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I'm considering doing a analyst video on the topic of this thread. What makes Rainbow Factory so damn popular?

Toffee Bean
Group Admin

3061078 It's good, it is well written, it is a good story line, and it just good, I can't really tell you, because I love it, don't know why just do.

It's mostly about shock value. The gore (and maybe language? I'm not sure if I'm remembering this correctly) is something the fandom doesn't see much of, or at least not as much as romance and clop.

But not just that. The creativity behind the story is very important. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that it wasn't even intended to be a gore fic, just an explanation of how rainbows are created. From there, it evolved into other things, but I have to believe it started as a darker version of the 'sugar and spice' cuteness that seems to follow rainbows around.

3061078 It's dark and shocking. What, you thought rainbows were happy? Never have you been so wrong.

Rainbow Factory is probably popular because it displays a "kids show," My Little Pony, and turns it into a dark, gory story about ponies killing others to make rainbows. Plus, it makes a great storyline.:twilightsmile::

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5