The Mojave Express 1,108 members · 86 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
MrDenim
Group Contributor

By Custom Fallout, I mean that it is my vision of a Nuclear Winter in New York involving the major cities: Manhattan, NYC, Albany, Brooklyn, etc.

Cover Art

Title: My Little Fallout: New York

Tags: Crossover, Alternate Universe, Adventure, Dark

Main Character(s): Twilight Sparkle (Cause it's fun to just screw her over!)

~Semi-Official Summary~

Anyone here think it's another generic Fallout Xover? You're wrong! It's my vision of Fallout 4!

~~~~~(((0)))~~~~~

Twilight Sparkle has done many things: defeated Nightmare Moon and Discord, helped defeat Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra, and even had a temper tantrum or two. One thing she hasn't done is survive in a post-apocalyptic nuclear winter without any of her friends, or any ponies for that matter. All that she has is her magic, a self-made bow and steel-tipped arrows, a 9mm pistol, and a strange creature called a "Hoo-Man" that she travels with for protection. All that she can really do is try to find her way home and to not die every five minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind some ideas and advice for this story!

I'd wait until Fallout 4 came out, it could completely destabilize the story once it comes out, and if it deals with New York.

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

Well, firstly, you need to remember that the NYC of the Fallout universe will be vastly different than the one we know. Alternate timeline and all that.
Secondly, what sort of Vaults do you have planned? After all, a vast majority of them were/are horrible social experiments, so you need those.
What/who is in charge of the New York Ruins?

MrDenim
Group Contributor

553635 I already had the idea of leaving Super Mutants and the Brotherhood of Steel in the story, because it just wouldn't be Fallout without them, AU or not.

I was considering the idea of a few visit-able vaults that had some form of success before collapsing for one reason or another. One of which was from FO:E with the self-maintaining vault system that had a water leak and led to the death of just about everyone in the vault. Another idea was that surviving the outside world was a form of rite of passage or ascension into a higher being. A third idea was that the vault door opened out of the side of a subway system, allowing the vault dwellers to leave as they wished.

As for the different factions and such. I had three primary factions that have the most influence:

~The Vikings~

The most warrior-like faction in the New York ruins. The Vikings have a brutal process of choosing the worthy, not unlike the Spartans. This faction is more based around the Vikings natural affinity to colder climates with the brutality of the Spartan-based training. They have the biggest grip in the entirety of Long Island and the south-eastern section of the state, with their borders being: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Greene, Albany, and Rensselaer.

~The Saints~

This faction is more based around spreading peace than fighting, preferring to talk their way out of situations. They do have a form of military that does stealth missions with 4-man squads with the training of Navy SEALs--thanks to training manuals found in a military-based vault found in northern Warren. They surprisingly have the biggest grip on the state of New York being based in the north-eastern section. Their borders are: Oswego, Madison, Crisego((?) I'm looking at a low-res map of NY so that is probably misspelled), Schoharie, Schenectaday, Saratoga, and Washington.

~The Tundra Hunters~

This faction has the best hunters in the state, game of both animal and human. It's people are born to hunt, starting at the age of 8, the child is given it's first hunting rifle. It's military is composed of long-range shooters with rifles and sniper rifles, medium-range with bows and arrows, and short-range with pistols, shotguns, and knifes. Despite having the most diverse military, they still have whatever is left of NY: Cayuga, Onondaga, Corland, Tioga acting as borders, going inland.

Map used: Here

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

The only problem with that is lore.
The BoS have never had a foothold in New York. The furthest they've ever gotten is Chicago and DC.
Super Mutants present a different problem. It is quite likely that a different strain of FEV was developed in the area, though that raises the question of just how different these ones are to their West Coast and DC counterparts.

MrDenim
Group Contributor

553937 I've never delved too deep into the Fallout lore... Got any links that might help? Besides no BoS, any other advice you can give?

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

As for a link, Nukapedia! The one-stop site for all things Fallout!
Try to keep weaponry consistent with what we've seen so far, with the exception of most things found in Fallout:Tactics and Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, as they tend to deviate a fair bit.
Don't make the human companion a superhuman. More a general thing, but it's valid.
Apart from that... I got nothing. Might come up with some more later, mind you.

MrDenim
Group Contributor

554019 I plan on making him a simple long-range sniper.

SOUNDS GOOD STOP CAPS LOCK IS FUN STOP SO IS WRITING LIKE A TELEGRAM STOP STOP MEANS PERIOD STOP STOP STOP ANYWAYS I THINK IT SEEMS PRETTY GOOD STOP FALLOUT 4 COMES OUT AFTER ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE FOR EVERYONE ELSE STOP

MrDenim
Group Contributor

553615 Considering that Elder Scrolls Online isn't even out yet, it may be until 2014-2015 until we see a Fallout 4.

556325 Yeah probably.

You don't use The Vault!? HERESY! YOU ARE DEAD TO ME

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

Same thing, different name. Technically. All the info you need can be found on either.

MrDenim
Group Contributor

559545 You have any ideas on unique weapons?

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

I just love the idea of a fucking huge gun, either an LMG or sniper rifle, called Subtlety. One of those ironic names.

MrDenim
Group Contributor

559630 even more irony, with a suppressor attached!

And custom kersplosive rounds.

MrDenim
Group Contributor

559630 Here ya go!

Name: Subtlety
Gun Type: AK-47
Ammo Type: 7.62x39 rounds
Mod(s): Laser Sight
Modifiable: No
Special(s): Comes with a full clip of incendiary ammo

Speven Dillberg
Group Admin

Remember what I said about keeping it consistent with what we've seen in Fallout so far?

MrDenim
Group Contributor

560055 Aiy. That I have. I'm making... a note document I guess you can call it. It contains all of the story's info: vaults, factions, weapons, etc. Besides the fact that I'm making my own unique weapons, the rifles and more powerful types of weaponry in general won't be very common because they're so powerful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20