Celestial Knights (Anti trolling group) 73 members · 64 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I'd like to bring up an issue I've been having with my stories lately. For the most part, they are well liked, well at least the first two are anyway. However with all of them I've had some readers (usually 4) disliking and not leaving any constructive criticism or reasons why. I'm looking to improve whilst also experiment with new ideas, and the aim to see what works and what doesn't, and for that to work I need positive and negative constructive criticism. However, the people who dislike just hit that button and leave without so much as a simple 'your grammar is rubish'. I've even had someone comment on my most recent story, 'Chronicles of Equestria: The Moons Vengeance', who just said 'Drugs'. That's all he said, 'Drugs'. (I'm not giving his name because I don't know whether it was actual trolling or not, its just boggling to me).

So I have to ask, does having a like and dislike button really helping authors? I know its concept, but how am I as a writer supposed to know when someone has a genuine compliant, and when there's someone deliberately trying to get on my nerves? What should I do?

I thought the like/dislike feature was to warn readers.

3674946 It can, but it is very often abused both ways, some yes-ing a story to oblivion, or disliking sometimes for reasons that have nothing to do with critique, whilst leaving no reason why they dislike it, sometimes some people just do it to be Trolls.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3