The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,734 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I don't know where else to go. I'm writing a cosmic horror story in which Chrysalis is more or less the founder of a massive civilization. The civilization is basically a mega city which houses untold millions of individuals. While she isn't necessarily a hero per se, but she did save millions of lives from extinction by sheltering them in her city. Her personality is more or less the same as the show, but more tempered and less unhinged with more focus on playing the long game. The question I'm posing is what would this version of Chrysalis name her city/nation? Mind you, there are more than just changelings living in the city.

I named mine as "Chrysapolis" or "Chrysage" in Civ5. ( Ref for Carthage's capital. )

A good example is looking at a real world country. Singapore is a city nation and if I recall correctly, is about the size of New York but houses more than 6 million residents and immigrants.

Singapore was known as Singapura, translated Lion City. So, to answer your question, I would probably name it very simple and effective: Love City.

Since I like the word "Amore", italian translation of love, using a bit of googling an alternative name could be: Amare Della Città. (Italian word city translation to english)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3