The Hero... Queen Chrysalis??? 1,736 members · 385 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Last night, if you may recall I suggested the idea of a story where Twilight had been mentored by Chyrsalis or heck, adopted as a filly. The responses were suprising, and that led me to come up with an idea.

Fellow Chrysalis fans, might I propose: a MASSIVE collaboration regarding an ENTIRE AU launching from that one what if scenario? Could it be done? How would canon be affected? Would the show take a darker tone or have the same? How could changeling lore be affected by this?!

What im basically saying is: I had the idea to make a massive AU with the scenario i proposed last night, would anyone be interested in helping me as a collaborative effort? The more of us, the better im sure this could be! :twilightsmile:

D48

4481180 I'm not much of a writer, but I can help out on the technical side of things. I did a bunch of worldbuilding for changelings that would tie in nicely with this idea because it already has them living with some ponies so adopting another would fit in well, and it would also result in Twilight wanting to go try to fix things with Equestria. The tone would be a little darker than the show due to the old wounds in the backstory, but it should be manageable overall with Twilight on hand to bend key figures towards the changelings.

More importantly, I did a lot of work building a complete functional changeling physiology which can be used in any story to give the changelings a much more realistic feel because everything about them works.

If that's the case than allow me to add a few things I forgot earlier!

1) there would be a team of technical setup writers, and general story writers. So you could be in either group.

2) the setup im going with is "Chrysalis travels back in time and interferes with twilights test so she winds up in the badlands and then go off from there" this CAN be renegotiated though when this thing is officially "On"

3: everyone in this collab MUST be listened too, no idea is bad, it just needs improvement. So everyone who joins will have a role!

Alright! Once im on my PC TOMMOROW I'll make a DOC for everyone who wants in so we can all collab and discuss!

I'd be interested^^ but I dont have much if any time to write because of my work...

4481269 kk I won't be on till later doe I have football

D48

4481230 I was thinking of having Twilight's teleportation be an accident because time travel tends to open up all kinds of problems that are easier to avoid through the simple mechanism of bad luck, but the rest sounds good to me.

4481269 I tend to have issues with Google Docs wanting to link things I do not want linked so please make that open for anonymous contribution somehow. Alternately, I can PM you my pile of notes to include and we can figure out some other way for people to get in touch with me to ask questions.

Alright, PM me when you're available!
Well, it's okay, if you find the free time you're always welcome to join!
Well okay, I understand. My thing was I kinda, really, really, REALLY wanted Chrysalis to do this based upon knowing how powerful Twilight was going to be in the future and the like, so that's why she did it. Heck, everything I have written for the opening so far has to do with time travel.. Then again, one of my favorite writers once said to me that he threw out a hundred pages of work in one day.. So time travel is a no go, maybe another idea could be use-

And yeah that could work, PM me them when you have the chance! :twilightsmile:

D48

4481790 Well, if we go with the accidental teleportation during her exam, that would demonstrate a ton of power on its own. That and I feel like Chrysalis would probably recognize the match between her cutie mark and the Tree of Harmony which would be a major indication that she is going to be hugely important.

That said, the one time travel spell they showed in the show is not all that invasive so you could get away with using it as a single event to kick the story off if you really wanted to, I just do not see a need for it so I am inclined to avoid it.

Also, I sent my notes to you via pm because they are kinda huge.

Okay, but like I said I came up with a new idea! And well, I kinda like the of Chrysalis somehow knowing about Twilight in the future, so that's what's getting to me. But like I said, I can be talked down and negotiated with. It's one of my big strengths and weaknesses as a writer.

I'll take a look!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11