Proof-reading, Pre-Reading And Editing 960 members · 11 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Tell Us About Yourself: I am a hobbyist writer with a Bachelors in English with Emphasis in Creative Writing. I’ve so far written a few fanfictions and have many on the backlog due to having been pre-occupied with school the last few years.
I love reading fanfiction and helping others improve their stores. Since the better a story is, the more I as well as other readers can enjoy it.

Experience: Having gone through a creative writing program I can say I’ve had to proofread and critique a few dozen different stories and writing styles over the last 2 years. Recently I acted as a proofreader/editor for the story ‘Bad Habits’ on this site.

Perfered characters: Obviously I will edit/proofread a story regardless of the character(s). I simply wish to note I am best at doing Spike stories.

Preferred tags:
Generally I’m a fan of most tags. Action, Adventure, Slice of Life, Romance, Horror, Dark, Mystery.
Tags I won’t do:
Equestria Girls, Random
Tags that are iffy:
Clop: Everyone has their limits. If the clop involves something I personally find to be ick I won’t do it.
Crossover: To be an effective editor it helps I know the series being crossed over. If crossover is with a series I know nothing about I probably won’t do it.
Gore: I am fine with gore as long as it has a reason. If it’s gore for the sake of gore then the answer is no.

Communication: I am fine simply communicating through Fimfictions mail which I check daily. If you need to contact me in order to send me chapters or because you prefer voice communication let me know and I will ablidge.

Submissions:
1: Obviously please read all general rules on the front page.
2: Please pay attention to tags listed as won’t do. If tag is listed as iffy, please provide specifics about that tag.
3: Reply or PM me with these things.
1: Title
2: Tags
3: Main characters
4: General Summary and description
5: Specific information you think I may need to understand the story.
6: Level of involvement you want from me:
Leve 1: I will read through and fix any spelling, grammar, and sentence structure errors I find.
Level 2: If needed I will slightly rewrite sentences in order to improve the quality of the writing.
Level 3: I will critique, give story feedback, and offer suggestions to help make the plot better.

I will never become more involved with a story then the writer wishes me to be. Nor will I ever outright demand something be changed. A writer's story is his/her work and my job is to help as much as I possibly can to make it the best it can be.

Feel free to include any questions you may have for me that were not covered or adequately explained in this post.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1