Dare to Derp! 536 members · 416 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Alright everypony, well, right now I'm at a point in my writing where I'm nearing Derpy's training with the Order of Extraordinary Ponies (basically the Batmareverse's equivalent to the League of Asssassins). Right now I'm just covering her early training, nothing too advanced, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if any of you have any suggestions for ponified-names of martial arts? If I have to use the real-world terms for some, I will, but I figure there has to be some good ponified versions out there, and maybe some of you can come up with some names that I haven't. For example, Chengar Qordath has his Krav Pega in place of Krav Maga in his Winningverse, so, how 'bout the rest of you? Any suggestions for ponified versions of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Karate, Boxing, Jujitsu, Ninjitsu, etc.? I'm open to any and all suggestions and would love to see what any of you can come up with!!!

Ooooo this'll be fun:
Co'gins Thai= Muay Thai focusing on striking the "humors" of a pony's body.
jim-khana= shaolin staff fighting.
Shy mare jitsu= The art of female infiltration. Blending in with the town/culture in the same vein as a kunoichi.
Croup-Do= Hind Leg fighting.
Equit Maga= Bare hoofed Street fighting and crowd control

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2