EQD Rejects 96 members · 63 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Sunset Reed
Group Admin

Hey all!

Let me begin by welcoming all our new members to our pasture. It is wonderful to see such growth in the group and to watch the excellent discussions taking place. I hope you you will find this community both friendly and beneficial.

Now to a quick bit of business.

As you may have noticed, I have instituted a rule about the editing folders in which the authors submitting stories must give a quick review of the fic proceeding theirs.

There is two reasons behind this thinking.

First of all, I hope for authors to not simply dump all their stories into one place and cross their fingers. As far as I can tell, putting a little effort into the community would be a good way to build relationships and have authors increase their critical thinking about the editing process (I work better when someone is affected by my work). It also increases the likelihood that each author will receive criticism from a range of different types of people.

The second reason is because I have seen similar methods used on other sites with astonishing success. Of course, these were art sites, so it may not translate too well to fiction.

The reason I bring this up is because am having second thoughts about the rule and would like your input, especially since it might be a game changer for some users.

Thank you everypony.

tl;dr in bold

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2