Starcraft Fan Group 295 members · 66 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

i was wondering if anyone else would like a starcraft movie?:rainbowhuh:
assuming it isn't like Avatar, or DB evolution, it could be really cool if done well.
what do you guys think?

ambion
Group Contributor

There is actually a fan made one around somewhere, made using the game's own engine. Pretty impressive when you take into account what they had to work with. Voices are a bit dreary in my opinion, but still a pretty neat creation of someone's

As for an actual studio made theatrical release sort of deal? I'd frigging love that. Not sure if I'd rather them go with established characters and muck it up or do something from the rest of the canon (which they wouldn't out of simple monetary sense, but still I can hope)

Probably would be a summer-popcorn glorious CGI fest with passable acting and writing, along the same vein as Avatar (blue kitty version. The Last Airbender as a movie can burn in hell)

2518025 I'm leaning towards yes but with movie adaptations the way they are in recent years, I'm not too sure if I want to actually watch it or not, should the movie ever be produced. I'm kind of afraid that they'll just pull out a AvP type script and slap StarCraft on it.

Still, there would probably be a battlefield scene with tons of Zergs and Terrans duking it out before the Protoss come in with their carriers and such. That alone would be worth it:rainbowwild:

2518025 It's possible that Blizzard might (take it with a sack of salt) make one, considering they've started development on a Warcraft film. Also, even just piecing together all the cinematics make one hell of a movie.

However, as of now I think we'll have to stick to fan films.

2518025 It would be amazing to have one. Especially if Blizzard cinematic designers do the animating! :rainbowlaugh:

As long as it doesn't have Heart of the Swarms writers and keeps Queen of Blades Kerrigan out of the picture (or at least gives her a personality that isn't ass garbage and prevent her from chewing the scenery too much) then it could work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6