Starcraft Fan Group 295 members · 66 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

While reading some of the starcraft crossover fics(far too few in my opinion) I often found myself thinking 'is that canon or fanon?' and often check the wiki afterward to check but some aspects are really lacking in detail and I'm wondering if everyone here would be willing to compile a library of starcraft lore here.

The main reason for this is so that anyone could use the thread as a quick reference guide if they feel like writing up a new crossover story for the site.

So, what do you all think of this idea?:raritystarry:

2392888 Why do that when I can just PM Kriss?
Jokes aside, yeah that would be a cool idea.

2392900 Aww, you flatterer. :rainbowkiss:

2397746 Dude, your knowledge of Starcraft lore is both frightening and fascinating. I think the only person that could have competed was Unholy, from what I saw at least.

2397746 Quick question then, if you don't mind that is:twilightsmile:. I always find it unusual how minerals and vespene gas is universally used by the three races as resources. I understand it from a gaming point of view but what of the lore behind it, do the terrans sell the minerals to fund production and stuff like that(that sounded silly just now, didn't it:derpytongue2:)

Mind filling me on how the three races utilize the resources?

2470347 With pleasure. T - Yes, to Terrans minerals and gas are valuable resourses, which they exchange for credits. ; P - To Protoss minerals serve for making condenduits (not sure if that's how the materials that let energy throught them(like metatl) are called in english. Also, in combination with vesp gas they either sterilise or produce power(depends how they use them). ; Z - In both minerals and gas there is a pretty ritch supply of bio mass and energy, which when fed to the hatch/lair/hive allows it to prnduce larva and for the larva to morph into units. In short they serve as food for the base organisms. ; Hope I was helpfull. :3

2472576 Very much so. Just to summarize things up(and request for clarification):
Terrans sell the minerals and gas for credits which they use to purchase the materials they use to construct their various structures and such, correct? If so, what do the Terrans at large use the resources for? Do they use them to produce said construction materials or as a form of fuel for ships/power plants?

Protoss use the resources for manufacture of conduits? which are (I think) essential for their technology. So does that mean that the Pylons and the little crystals we see on their structures are actually refined mineral crystals?

Zerg basically break down the resources into food/biomass which they use to make more of themselves. No further questions on the Zerg front. :twilightsmile:

Did I get them right?

2472702 Terrans sell them to buy materials and also use them for the making of materials and fuel. Protoss use them for the manufacture of some base levels of their tech. The crystals you see on them(and on pylons) are Khydarian crystals(they use them to power their tech because they radiate psionic energy and can amplify the energy of protoss). Minerals and gas are used to make the base template on which probes warp in structure. And you got zerg right.

2473855 This one is an extension to the earlier question:
Can the Terrans produce the construction materials on site fom just the resources they harvest during battles(and maybe other components they brought along)? Cause I kind of doubt that they'd be deliver the resources off world to trade for credits if the world they're fighting on is more or less blockaded by Zerg(i/e:Char)

If the Protoss, warp in their structures and units from elsewhere, where do they warp them from? I mean do they warp in a structure from another base or is there a robot factory that makes these structures before they're warp off?:derpytongue2:

Zerg...if they can get biomass to make more of themselves or 'feed' themselves, can they obtain that from their fallen brethren and enemies as well?

T - If they have the required facilities they can produce the materials on the spot from the resourses.

P - Protoss never build their buildings on the spot, unless in a 100% safe environment, because the process is very complex and time consuming. In the case of battle grounds(like in game) they warp in the already built buildings from other worlds, but mainly from Shakuras. Because that is the new main living world for the protoss it is atm the safest place for them. There they have construction sites with the soul purpose of making buildings for the battle field.

Z - Yes. Everything that is biomass is on the menu. They removed that from ingame to balance gameplay. But that's not the case in the lore.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10