Random is Allowed Here 392 members · 2,230 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

1003981 Why would they want to stop tumblr if Yahoo! is doing it? Or am I missing something?

EnderPon
Group Admin

If Yahoo! get's tumblr, they plan to make everything related to Yahoo, like signing in with Yahoo IDs, Yahoo answers, and other stuff, based on their other failures.
And no one wants that.

Mayer wants to incorporate Yahoo!’s products — including search, email, and its popular homepage — into the “daily habits” of its users,

http://business.time.com/2013/05/17/purple-power-yahoo-reportedly-in-talks-to-buy-tumblr-for-up-to-1-billion/

Tumblr is the armpit of the asshole of the taint of the internet that is social media.
I look forward to the whole self-righteous, hugboxing mess burning to the ground.

EnderPon
Group Admin

Everyone has their own opinion.

I went and signed the petition.:ajsmug:

Man, why can't those idiots at Yahell leave well enough alone?! Isn't it enough that their idiotic meddling brought down great sites like Geocities; etc.?! Tumblr, as it stands right now is a cool, easy-to-use site...to the point that a website-inept ninny like me could easily use it. Man, Yahell stinks!!!

*sighs* I guess they just like ruining websites.:twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2:

Screw it I'm out.

EnderPon
Group Admin

N.B, It's "Yahoo", not "Yahell".
:shrug:

1004999I know what its proper name is. "Yahell" is what I've personally called it for years. Mainly because I don't like Yahoo and haven't for quite awhile

When they messed up Geocities, which had a TON of my favorite websites on it, that are now lost beyond all recovery; well, that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me.

And it doesn't help that Yahoo Groups, which I used to love a lot, is now on of the biggest jokes in the internet. At least in my book, anyway.

Well, I just went back to the Petition Page, to check how things are going, and I found this:

"News Update: Yahoo to Acquire Tumblr in $1.1 Billion Cash Deal":

by Joshua Garvey
Petition Organizer

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2faeb9a6dfdddf63248aa9078068eec1/tumblr_mn277yL

"We can still change it! Please sign!"

From what I read in that article after clicking the link myself, things aren't looking good for Tumblr and its fans and users.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11