DC Fanfics 374 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

hello
so I'm confused? I heard that Batwoman is Batman's cousin. where thu they explain that

https://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/26453/why-is-batwoman-part-of-the-bat-family - Last post on there might be what you're after, though I didn't see any mentions on normal wikipedia (which granted isn't often up to date on things and can be altered). From what 'Sherlock' mentioned in the thread one of the origin routes for Batwoman was that she was Bruce Wayne's aunt through marriage due to his mother being a Kane before marrying his father and Kathy Kane (the first Batwoman) marrying Martha's brother. Her daughter, Kate, is the second Batwoman initially and because her father is Batman's maternal uncle, is also Bruce Wayne's cousin. That said, this is probably the original story going back to the 60s or earlier.

There was also a mention on the Batwoman wiki article that mentioned at one point Kathy Kane was romantically involved with Bruce Wayne so there may have been an alternate origin for Kate Kane at one point, before they retconned things, as DC and Marvel often do.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2