Editors Group 190 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I need an editor for Making a Scene
it's marked; Dark, Commedy, Random, Alternative Universe.
Character featured are; Mane Six, Zecora, Octavia.
This is a 'One-Shot' on 1,000 words.

Please help, and thanks in advance.
Serious responces much appreciated.

2836180 that's much appreciated.
dive right at it, hope you'll enjoy the read too.

2836225 So, if you want editing, then you'll need me to send you the revised copy in a PM, right? I'll also leave a comment with my opinion on the story.

2836663 that sounds like a good idea.
could you underline the changes?
even if the story is short, it is much easier to see what was wrong, if the mistakes were marked.

thanks in advance, and much appreciated.

2837163 then I'll be awaiting the reply(result), so I can get the story better then it was now.

and thanks again :pinkiegasp:

2837196 I sent you the edit and commented on the story. Again, grammar is a must. That comment you just posted right there has a big flaw in it. Well, more than one to be honest. Tell me if you notice the errors. This will be a learning experience.

2837524 I just opened the page.
I'm trying to put enough grammar into the story for it to be readabl while writing, right along with the spelling.
You may, or may not have noticed this is where I plce the main part of the effort, the story.

Comments and 'posts', may be slacking in part due to putting the effort into the stories.

I'm still working on the learning, but English is a bit on the tricky side, spelling in particularly.
Almost as if Discord had been there messing with it.

just curious, did you check how it looks after the changes?

2838034 Did you change the story yet? I just looked and some things still weren't correct, things I know I fixed. Also, English is confusing. I'll give you that. I mean, sugar, is pronounced shuger.

2838347 if you are pointing at the words linked to 'past tence', and a few others, the story was originaly intended to be present, even if there are refferences to a past, like what Zecora did.
I did make a few other changes you didn't mention, since they felt better then the original.
best time to fix something is when you find somethng to fix, right?
there would be more changes as in elaborationg on details, now since the story is more clear,
I'd imagine it is easier to see where to place the details.
The original story was intended to be a mere 400 words, but I guess I'm happy I added the rest into what it is now.

if it was up to me, I'd ad several more 'letters' to the English Alphabet, in order to make up the sounds used, but none would listen?

2838546 No, what I'm referring to is the fact that the very first word of the story isn't a word. It's "of course" and not "ofhorse" which is what you currently have. Also, it's Applejack, not Apple Jack. The same goes for Fluttershy. Fluttershy, not Flutter Shy. That what I was saying! :pinkiehappy:

2838703 ah, these.
I could change the begining to remove the word entirely.
now it came out as less then the ideal word to begin the story with.
in the perspective, the story is too short to play with the names for variation, like you'd do in a long story.
Then again, many of the cases may still be better just cutting the names in half?
There is only one Flutter in the story and canon.
Initially I was struggling just to get the word count up, I have room to cut a few now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13