The Writers' Group 9,291 members · 56,394 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

There’s a saying around a stereotype that some people play into them to give them some back story or credit unintentionally.

My iron gal stories take place in another world and I’d just like to get some advice on what to do with some stereotypes and effectively use them.

There are already a few I have that some may have predicted and others that many probably haven’t.

Example: From a town where a kingdom used to collect treasure and hoard it all but eventually reached a change of heart to us that money and help those in need and better themselves, one stereotype is that the inhabitants are usually greedy or money hungry or always out to make/steal a profit.

But any advice would work, in a society where different kinetics, like pyros, freezers, and earthkinetics, coexist along with many different cities.

I guess I’m asking also for any ideas on using a stereotype effectively in some places, because part of me feels it also adds a bit of reality and weight to a culture as well, especially when I see some characters playing into it

Sort of have something of that. :D

Aside from brutal punishments for attempted rebellion and a ton of magical artifacts inside of the castle for defense, from things to cut power in a person for an extended period of time and others to render someone unconscious that only royal members are trained in using with the needed tools, there’s also the form of arguments back in that part of time.

The kingdom was made from unity and valuable treasure to where if the rebellion had succeeded, a dozen other forces outside would love to bull rush the chaos and reap the riches of the kingdom back then. But that’s just one thing lol

Well for a bit more context, this is in a different planet and the kinetic abilities are natural. And that specific kingdom is in the past, where in the present, a number of things have changed.

Some are capable of 2, be that by several years of study or birth or very strange and very specific events, but the majority are limited to one where the Royal Family have tremendous power of all 8 elements with reasonable limits.

But I absolutely love your ideas, they’d be nice to include somewhere to give more weight to history in the setting XD

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8