Project ACES 167 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 76
Comment posted by The Sergeant deleted Dec 5th, 2013
Lt Rainbow Slash
Group Contributor

The pony got out looked at her, and made his way over,

Sky is a her dude. I'll put an RP post later. In the middle of school right now.

Lt Rainbow Slash
Group Contributor

The pony got out looked at her, and made his way over,

Sky is a her dude. I'll put an RP post later. In the middle of school right now.

2317800>>2316995

Earth to Roleplayers? Heli crashed into Zenith?

Lt Rainbow Slash
Group Contributor

2326149>>2316995
We flew towards the formation of 13 YV-21s. I turned on the targeting computer and hit a few buttons, causing the computer to take control of the aircraft and line it up with an enemy jet with inpony precision. As well, I switched the cannons to a higher damage output by reducing the fire rate. I waited until the crosshairs was squarely over the lead fighter before I let off a three-second burst of fire and watched as, three kilometres away, the lasers ate through the fighters shields and slammed into the hull, causing the aircraft to explode into a massive fireball. Another couple of seconds and we flew through the cluster of smoke and falling debris from the majority of the enemy squadron.

I rolled right and pulled into a hard turn. As I came around I saw a damaged enemy fighter and quickly dropped onto it's tail. Right before I let off a burst though, I heard the sound of a missile warning in my headset. I turned hard and felt a jolt, as well as seeing my shield bar on my HUD deplete to half.

"Buck! Little help here?" I asked.

"Working on it!"

I quickly reversed my turn, but not before a second jolt and the warning sound of my shields breaking. Then, as I rolled evasively, I saw two more missiles streak past my cockpit before there was the sound similar to hail hitting metal. There was another jolt and I felt my Starkiller enter a spin. I tried to correct but it wasn't until I powered down my remaining engines that I regained control. I quickly set course to glide onto the top of the atoll. Glancing behind me, I spotted the fighter lining up to finish me off. I blinked and he was gone, replaced by a fireball and debris.

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! Pegasus 1-1, I'm hit and losing altitude!"

At this point I was almost down. I levelled out and closed the wings. I was thrown forward by the impact and hit my head on the instrument panel, but my helmet absorbed most of the impact. I opened the canopy and undid my straps, climbing out and stretching my wings. I looked around to see a SPHERE pilot sitting on the ground about two hundred meters away.

I felt my anger flare up as I saw the smoke from Star rising behind her. Blinded by anger, I opened my wings and flew at full speed into her taking her to the ground. Drawing my pistol, and shoving it in her face, I asked the only question I had at the moment.

"You have ten seconds. To tell me why. I SHOUDN'T BLOW YOUR FUCKEN SPHERE HEAD OFF!?!?"

Angry Sky Dust :pinkiecrazy:

"MMMMPH!" Osaka yelled, muffled by the pistol jammed into her mouth. The Pegasus took it out, but still aimed it at her. "Don't shoot me! I'm just a rookie! This was my first mission! My leg's broken, my squadron's dead, and you have a pistol aimed at me!" Osaka fell back onto the ground due to a pistol whip to the head. She looked up at the furious Pegasus before saying "I surrender."

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

2327458>>2330058

(Note that this happens while you two are talking on the ground. Should be pretty obvious to your characters, eh?)

The launch bays were modest, barely enough to fit three Sky Corsairs. The launch ramps were facing backwards and angled downwards relative to the ship, towards the hull.

Orion slipped on her Gee harness, which allowed her to survive the extreme G-forces experienced while using the Sky Corsair's RCS. Ahead of her, Nocturne's jet slipped from its ramp, sliding smoothly out of the Zenith like a torpedo.

The glass canopy slid over her head, sealing and electrifying. The HUD painted itself on the canopy, and the hull ahead of her peeled open.

"No time like the present." She pulled the handle which triggered the docking clamps, and lurched forward. The metal hull of the ship flashed past, quickly replaced by clouds. Flicking switches she active the two main engines, burning away and towards Starship.

The Atoll came into view, its cities a shining torch in the morning darkness.

"Starship forces, two Sky Corsairs coming in hot, callsign Rapier One and Two. Recognize as friendly, over." Orion sent to the remaining Starkillers, still putting up a valiant fight.

"Received, understood. Whichever squadron you came from, we need all the help we can get."

"Eyes front, we've got company. Not drones, full-fledged YV-21's." The specks in the distance were identified, and Orion tensed.

"Rapier one, two, don't try to take on a full squadron by yourself, it's suicide." The voice of the Starship pilot cam back on the line.

"We can handle it, no problem."

At the speeds they were travelling, the two forces clashed directly over Starship. Missiles were fired and missed as they could not track the two high-velocity ships.

Orion blew through the formation, and immediately pushed forward on the side-stick. Her nose dipped, and the engines shut down. Then, smaller thrusters ignited, pushing her jet through the 180 degree somersault. The main engines reignited, and she burst forth, now on the tails of the less reactive YV-21's.

"Rapier 1-2, engaging." Orion flicked the safety tab, and depressed the lock-on button. A red circle took over her HUD, and zeroed in on an unfortunate lagging YV-21.

The missile zoomed in, hitting the jet's shielding and collapsing them. Orion's twin guns ripped into the plane, and she was rewarded with a puff of smoke and debris.

"1-2, missile. Break!" Orion did a barrel-roll, and watched the missiles fly by. Immediately turning back to the fray, it was two versus twelve.

A smattering of lightning whipped across her shielding, setting the mare's mane on end. "Great. Thunderheads."

"Warning, CAFF forces about to launch an flak strike. Danger close." Her radio crackled.

The shells soared past her, exploding into shrapnel. The fragments bounced off the shield, but ripped through the unshielded drones.

"Good strike." Orion took on a new YV-21, breaking and dodging their attacks.

Under the constant pressure of the surviving Starkillers, bolstered with the Sky Corsairs, the SPHERE squadrons were whittled down to a precious few. From army to pickets.

"All callsigns, got a weak radiation source in your area, one of the bogeys may be packing nukes. Advise interception."

"All Starkillers are low on energy, we cannot sustain a chase."

Orion spotted the offender. His YV-21 was slower and had a huge load on its underbelly.

"Ten-Four, Starship command. Rapier 1 engaging hostile." Orion shut down her comms before anyone could protest. Gunning the third engine, she gave chase.

They weaved low over the burning buildings, smoke twirling in their wake. Orion wondered internally why he did not just drop the bomb, and ended up surmising that he was supposed to drop it on a specific spot.

This pilot took the fight to the vertical, and Orion obliged him. The two jets raced heavenwards, each not wanting to lose, each with a mighty task on their shoulders. The contrails marked brilliantly on the sky, a giant spear rising upwards from Starship.

They soared into the cloudy upper skies, Starship quickly disappearing from view.

All Orion could see is the flare of lights from the jet's exhaust in front of her, and she followed that.

The lights flickered. Orion grinned, knowing that the YV-21 was now struggling.

The red circle descended onto the jet.

A streak of light, leaping forward. Orion wrenched the Sky Corsair into a tight flip, heading back downwards.

A bright flash. A loud roaring sound filled her consciousness.

The clouds all reared back as the payload detonated. Orion closed her eyes and pushed forward on the throttle, pouring all the fuel into the afterburner.

The shields failed with a loud crack, and the structural stress alert ran loud in her ears. Orion just kept those eyes squeezed closed, for she feared that if she opened them, she would see death coming. The roaring only grew louder, surrounding her.

And then... Silence.

Orion cracked open an eyelid.

Rocks rushed towards her. Yanking back again on the stick, Orion felt and heard the screeching as her fuselage scraped the ground of a field. She was vaguely aware of a crashed Starkiller wreckage, a bit off to her side, but she concentrated on pulling up. The dying jet created a furrow in the ground where it impacted and slid, not too far from Sky and Osaka, headed straight for them.

Orion hit the thrusters, just lifting herself over the two and soaring meters above their heads. The Sky Corsair struggled, engines misfiring.

"Come on, baby. Just a little more..." Orion whispered.

(If you really can't imagine the RCS, see this. Orion pulls the exact same stunt, except with thrusters to overcome air friction.)

2327458>>2330858

"AAAAGH!" Osaka screamed as she dived to avoid the crashing plane. Her already broken leg threatened to knock her out with the pain of moving, so she just lay there, whimpering.

---

Destroyer Alendai, this is the Cinigrad. Load Gas rounds. Massive concentration of contacts massing on the East side of the Atoll."

"Firing Officer, This is Alendai Bridge. The Arrow Squadron has been Completely destroyed. Enemy Fleet engaging our own. Kill 'em." The order came through the Firing Officer's radio. He nodded to the loaders. "Load 'Cobra' rounds."

The Loader of the Rocket Turret looked at him in astonishment. "But sir...That's Poison Gas! We were meant to capture the Atoll, not poison it!"

The Firing Officer looked at him in tear-streaked rage. "My fucking children were in the Arrow Squadron! Poison Gas will help send their murderers straight to hell! Load it, Lieutenant, and shut your fucking mouth!"

"...Yes sir. Loading Cobra rockets."

The Officer turned to the Satellite screen showing the Atoll. At one press of the button, 15 Rockets containing fast-acting Poison Gas rained down on the massing heat signatures. A minute later, all of them were dead or dying.

The Officer cackled in delight, only stopping when his aide ran into the room. "Urgent Message from the Bridge sir! Those Signatures were...Civilians fleeing the battle...." The Aide gasped when he saw on the screen the carnage that the Officer had wrought.

The Lieutenant turned on the Officer at once. "This is all your fault! ...You wouldn't listen to us! ...You turned us into FUCKING KILLERS!"

The Officer waved away their anger like it was nothing. "Oh please. They were scum, so I treated them like it."

The lieutenant mentally snapped. The Anger from murdering civilians, plus his officer's callousness, caused him to feel nothing but a way to redeem himself, by killing the one who murdered hundreds in one press of a button. Pulling his pistol, he put a round in the officer's skull, then shoved the pistol to his own head and pulled the trigger.

Comment posted by The Sergeant deleted Dec 7th, 2013

Well... I just gassed several hundred people on the Atoll. ...Probably not my smartest move.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

You gassed the other two RPer's lol...

Well, shit. Whoops.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

2327458>>2332276

A flashing light burnt itself into Orion's consciousness. She opened her eyes slowly, quickly locating the source.

Her HUD. It flashed the simple message over and over.

'Caution.'

Her shoulder stung like hell. Reaching over, she pulled on the harness release strap, grimacing in slight relief as the pain subsided. Releasing the straps took a long time, as all her joints ached and limbs felt numb.

Her helmet came off just as quickly, making a sickly sound as she pulled it from her head. Her fiery mane was matted down with caked blood, no doubt her own from the crash.

The light diffusing into the cockpit suddenly dimmed. Orion looked up to see a green gas roll over it. Thankfully, the glass hadn't shattered, only cracking and spiderwebbing. However, near the front, there was a small crack, and the green mist leaked in, slowly approaching her.

In her delirious, pain-addled state, she foalishly reached out, with an uncovered hoof, and tried to touch the gas. The gas seemed to rear back for a moment.

Then it flowed smoothly back.

Orion recoiled, screaming, as the gas touched her hoof. All she felt was a jolt of pain, far surpassing that of even a gunshot, and then nothingness. Where the gas touched, skin blistered, fur dried, and whole layers of skin burnt off. Orion quickly zipped back up, putting on her helmet and sealing up. Her entire left foreleg went numb as the poison worked its way through her system. Thankfully, it seemed localized and temporary, and the pain faded away.

A bloodied hoof slammed against her canopy. Orion blanched, took one look at the owner's face, and dry-retched. It was horrific, and Orion didn't want to be next.

"Shit. Gotta go, gotta go." The canopy began leaking in more areas, as the gas came in.

Reaching out, she depressed the 'reset alarm' button, and manually triggered the canopy ejection. The dome flew off, blowing some of the gas back.

Orion took the chance and took off, going to a decent height, before looking back down. Her crash site was obvious, with a furrow going for three hundred meters from where she first touched down. The Sky Corsair hadn't fared well. Fragments littered the furrow, and the three engines were ablaze. It ended up on one of the main streets of Starship.

But it was quickly covered up by gas, as the thing flowed back over the wreckage. It was so viscous, like slime.

A sudden twang of pain struck her wing, as it locked up. "Damn it, musta taken some shrapnel... Gotta land." Orion descended into the gas, taking a deep breath. Her filters were good, but they couldn't filter the stench of death.

Bodies were all over the place, some even liquefying under the acidic gas. They never stood a chance, standing out unprotected like that. She walked down the main thoroughfare, looking at the death wrought by the shells.

Suddenly, a hoof reached out and grabbed hers. Orion looked down and nearly screamed again.

The pony was dying, skin hanging off in large flaps. Blood bubbled all over her body, and her left eye was a blood-filled orb. The other one stared at her pleadingly.

As standard issue, the right hoof of all pilots from Raven had an Iron Horseshoe, for close range conflicts. Orion knew what she had to do. Raising her hoof, she looked away.

The hoof didn't experience any serious resistance, sinking through the mush quickly, only stopping to crack something brittle. Holy shit it even takes out the bones. Orion heaved again, almost vomiting.

A gun poked her in the back of her head.

"Stand fast, pilot." Sky Dust growled. Orion swallowed, nodding slowly.

(Assuming the fifteen gas shells covered the area we were in, and that Osaka somehow made it out)

Nah, The gas rockets were tactical. Each one had a range of 15 feet. Jesus, I thought The poison Gas would work like Nerve Gas or something...not like that.

Starship Atoll is a few kilometers long, right?

The gas had covered a street half a kilometre away, screams echoing from the area. The two pilots were outside the zone, but Osaka had been knocked unconscious due to the pain from her broken leg. She just hoped Sky wouldn't leave her to die.

Lt Rainbow Slash
Group Contributor

Its about 10x10 kms.
Also, I just got swamped in homework, might be a while before I have enough time to do more than this.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

2347396>>2350690

(Life is screwed up.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Osaka was still unconscious, so she didn't notice the two mares confront each other nearby.

On the Alendai, the two bodies were taken away and the mess cleaned up.

On the other Atolls, the SPHERE fleet was battling and scything past all resistance.

On Virshia Atoll, Emperor Alexander Ivanova Von Reginrave spoke to one of his trusted subordinates.

"Captain Alicia Kessler. You have served the Empire well over the years, yes?"

There was no reply, only a nod from the 16 year old soldier. She had been raised to be a soldier from birth, ready to accept most orders. 'If only it wasn't for her damn morality,' Alexander thought, 'then she could've been a perfect soldier.'

"Well, there has been a pony in the Outlands that has come to my attention. Besides having connections to one of the Outlander Fleets, she had evaded capture from a dozen fleets, imprisoned two of my trusted Recon units, has made contact with one of the... Belkans, and has exposed defeatists in our ranks." Alexander continued.

"You've arrested The head of Recon?" Alicia asked.

"We had her thrown off her ship onto Starship Atoll. I ordered one of my officers to launch Rockets loaded with Nova gas. All going well, The good Sabrina has paid in full for her treachery."

There was no response from Alicia.

"Your target is Orion Lightfeathers, last spotted in the vicinity of Starship. I am giving you unlimited authority to take her out. If what The Belkans said are true, she could wipe us all out."

Alicia saluted, then walked out of the Throne room. Several of her soldiers, waiting outside, fell into line behind her.

Comment posted by The Sergeant deleted Jan 18th, 2014

Hidy ho. We gonna continue this?

rping has been banned on the site

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

But nobody cares, so yeah.

It's unlikely, this RP is way too nonsensical already.

At least, since post #31.

Dammit, I liked this one.

Wait, Post 31.... :unsuresweetie:

In my defense, I actually had no clue as to whether or not this was in the same universe.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

As a general rule of thumb, all RPs are in alternate Universes unless specifically stated.

(Rolls eyes) Now someone tells me.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

It's been that way for a long time. Everyone else caught on.

Your fault.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 76