Project ACES 167 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 80 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 80

"Hah! The only beer I drink his root beer. I hate the taste of alcohol, can't stand the stuff. Ponies tell me its an acquired taste. If that's the case, then it is a taste I don't want to acquire."

smoers06
Group Contributor

(To say the least haha)
"Where are ya going ya sissy!" Cole called, taking another swig of cider. "This drink puts hair, er, Fur on your chest!"

TAB

537586>>537566>>537501>>537467

"Ow, that fucking hurt Orion." Northern retorted, levitating the twelve pack off of his head. "And there's no way in hell is this not fermented, unless it's just crap." He said, cracking open another bottle. "And Shattered, stop being a baby. I've seen you do some crazy shit and alcohol should be last on your list on things to hate." North chuckled at the pilot's discomfort.

"Anyway, that's a hell of a way to leave your country. Why not just go back?"

Setton
Group Admin

537607>>537609>>537656
He sighed, knowing this would be a fun thing to expain. "Thats a VERY long story, one that in short, resulted in me losing everything... And I'd rather just leave my past buried for now, as this Archang-" he stopped, realizing he clued them to his name, and who he was.

"Shit...

(Yeah, a isolated nation using that map, between Canis and Khimaros. A nation of multiple species, ponies, griffins, humans, etc. And has been increasingly worried by the turn of events, and after a word with his advisors, Richard Bennett, prime minister of Felis, decides to join the war against the Solar Empire, but deploys before declaring war. As the forces are dispatched, naval fleets cast off, they revive "The Blacklist". Projects, weapons, and programs mothballed over the last few years.. One is the "Fallen Angel", the recovery of Archangel from the Estovakian Arctic after his "Death" defending his greatest friends. But due to issues at the time, was hidden and given a new identity, Alexander Fredorov of Felis. (using my OC except a tad modified). But now, with setbacks and defeats hitting the UHF And NLR forces, sets one of the largest cards on the table...

They decide.. To reactivate Archangel, and sent him to war.

The man of countless tales, stories, legends, and songs, as well as the story of him and Celestia, and their past. The men and women who served alongside him were the ones who also heard his prayers. As each time he enters a Battle Space, at 45,000FT. He sets his comms to all, and says a personal prayer in ancient swedish, one known to send shivers of fear down anyones spine. (I created this using his Emmerian military past, short and long versions.)

[Swedish]
Fader vår som som är i himmelen helgat varde ditt namn
Tillkomme ditt rike ske din vilja
Såsom i himmelen så ock uppå jorden ge oss bröd ock idag
Och förlåt oss våran skuld..
Som jag Archangelsk, bli dödsängeln...
----
Ahead, facing the lead. [Extension to above if wanted]
An army of 'erians, performing gods deeds
Showing no fear, their judgement is near
Making their Sacrifice

When, the king and his men
Their enemies sight, prepare for the fight
Banners held high, ready to die
Hear how we praise the Lord...

[English translator sucks so if you don't know Swedish, look here.]
Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name,
Thy Kingdom Come, Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven,
Give us our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses..
As I Archangel, become the Angel of Death...

Anyways, a MASSIVE wall of text would need to be created by me for a decent piece that happens during the current fighting, as everything needs explanation and his appearance. Depending where he appears, rumors can take hold of him appearing on the battlefield, and his plane spotted on the battlefied, if you want, there can be a history between Archangel and Talisman, and the others)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPHKn1JYHcA&feature=player_detailpage#t=196s)
(Where I thought of the prayer, all there)

TAB

Archangel.

The name didn't click in North's head. He noticed the pilot's apprehension and decided to leave it there.

"Maybe a topic change, eh?"

(If you'd like help with your wall-o-text, I'm sure me and a few others would be willing to help with it.)

Setton
Group Admin

"indeed." He was thankful this pilot didn't know him, but Orion eyed him carefully. Which worried him, as he flew with her before, and was a bit surprised she didn't call him out yet..

(I'm gonna get started on a draft on the entry, and I'll share here before putting in the thread to save headaches)

smoers06
Group Contributor

Cole ignored North, as he now stood up, studying the new pilot.
"Our Father who art in Heaven..." Cole repeated the prayer that he had heard on that day of the Chandelier. "As I am Archangel, the angel of death." He finished.
There was a moment of silence before they spoke again.
"It's been a long time Archangel."

Setton
Group Admin

"I was wondering when someone would notice, and yes, a few years now Cole. Good to see you again."

smoers06
Group Contributor

"That it has," Cole replied. "You know, Talisman never stopped looking for you, refused to listen to the official report. Turns out, she was right. "

TAB

537799>>537854

Northern shifted awkwardly in his seat, not knowing what the two were talking about. He had heard of the Chandelier incident between Estovakia and Emmeria, but he hadn't known of the pilots who flew on the mission except one. His name was Tosca or something like that.

He decided to instead keep his mouth shut and kept watching.

Setton
Group Admin

He felt a knot in his throat, remembering his fellow comrade.

"I know, but because of politics, I was declared dead, and sent of to Felis where I was given my old rank and position, with a new shitty alias. How is she anyway? She ever find a new lover?" He inquired. Talisman, she kept searching for me.. Christ, she'll be surprised.

smoers06
Group Contributor

Now it was Cole's turn to hesitate.
He didn't want to be the bearer of bad news, but he had a right to know.
"Yes," He replied, nodding slowly. "Do you remember Riley? A marine that used to hang around base?"

Setton
Group Admin

"Yeah, he's a good kid. Gave him all he needed to know on women, although I'd expected him to go for Alexa, not Talisman. But she must've turned to him after I disappered for support." He mulled over their past together, missions and off-duty... Atleast she moved on... Not.. Waiting on the porch for me to come home... Like I did.

smoers06
Group Contributor

"Indeed," Cole said. "He almost didn't make it out of the war either. Took three bullets too the chest during the attack on Megalith. Never saw her pray harder that he'd make it through. Something of your influence I think." He gave a sad smile. "They got married. Living in Gracemeria last I heard."

Setton
Group Admin

He smiled weakly, now knowing his former love found a new flame. Married? Christ I have been gone too long... Damn political quagmires, costing me everything, my girl, home... And my old life.

"Well, good for them, I need to pay her a visit sometime."

smoers06
Group Contributor

Cole nodded.
"I think they'd like that. Both of them."
He hated this. He never liked giving bad news, especially to a friend who had been gone for years. He.decided to change the subject.
"So, what have you been doing lately?"
Nice...

Setton
Group Admin

Really..
"Well, getting a new home, in my old home. If that makes any sense."

smoers06
Group Contributor

"Kinda," Cole furrowed his brow. " going back to where you live before the war?"

Setton
Group Admin

He sighed. "Trying is a key word here, brass has yet to clear me. Also would mean returning to the Emmerian Airforce."

( In the RP, they'll all believe he's dead, as its been years since his loss, maybe Talisman has her hopes though)

smoers06
Group Contributor

Cole smiled.
"We'd love to have you back," He said. "Though Emmeria and Estovakia have joined the UHF. But the Federation could always use more more Excellent pilots."

Setton
Group Admin

"Can't blame the Stovies forever, more upon the goverment that they had." He said. "But be nice to see the Golden King again, and maybe travel.. Who knows?" He shrugged, getting up and heading for the coffee pot, now ready.

"Maybe I'll find someone new." Unlikely...

smoers06
Group Contributor

"Yep," Cole leaned back in his chair. "Turns out their not so bad. We've helped rebuild their Economy, though Talisman and Riley were a little hesitant when I told them they joined the UHF."

smoers06
Group Contributor

(Oh things will definitely get interesting in the RP with Riley and Talisman.. .)

Setton
Group Admin

(indeedably)

537586>>537566>>537501>>537467>>537257

Blaze walked into the bar, checking the flier again before entering. He never liked public areas, but Nagase was adamant about going to this one. He still had no idea why she was so insistent. Blaze sighed, hoping this wouldn't take long.

Blaze walked up to the group of ponies and humans, hoping they were the pilots he was looking for.

"Hello, are you guys the pilots on this flier?" He asked, simultaneously waving the flier with a free hoof.

Shattered continued to sip at his root beer as the others talked about stuff. That is until somepony new walked in.

"Hello, are you guys the pilots on this flier?" He asked, simultaneously waving the flier with a free hoof.

He looked around, wondering who was going to greet him first. Seeing that everyone was still caught up in their stories, he decided to give talking to others a shot.

"Hello there and welcome." He said as he approached. He gave a quick glance at the flyer. "Huh, I didn't know we had a flyer. Anyways, I'm Captain Shattered Skies of the 118th Tactical Fighter Wing, ISAF. Nice to meet you." he finished with an extended hoof.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

544756>>547543>>538373>>538357>>537878

"Hmmm... The only flyer's we had ever had..."

Orion pulled out a pair of Aviator shades.

"Are the pilots in this room."

Then some random pink pony jumps out of nowhere and screams.
"YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..........."

"Damn that was bad. I was merely stating facts, not making some over used joke." Orion crushes the glasses and brohoofs Pinkie Pie, who proceeds to hop out the open door.

547543>>561839

Blaze shook the other pony's hoof quickly. "Captain Blaze of the Razgriz Air Command Squadron, pleased to meet you as well."

"Hmmm... The only flyer's we had ever had..."

"Are the pilots in this room."

"YYYYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH..........."

Blaze took a moment to reply at the finish of the terrible joke. "Well, that was interesting..."

TAB

547543>>561839>>609447

Northern noticed the commotion going on between Orion, Shattered, and the new pilot who had just arrived. Quickly growing bored of the current conversation he was listening in on, he walked over just in time to notice a pink pony bouncing out of the door. That was weird...

North turned his attention to the new pony first. "Former First Lieutenant Northern of the 142nd Yuktobanian fighter wing. Nice to meet you." He stuck out a hoof in greeting.

609495>>561839>>547543

Blaze shook the new pony's hoof. "Pleased to meet you. Name's Blaze."

Blaze turned back towards Shattered. "I've heard stories about Mobius Squadron. Care to tell any?"

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 80