Warhammer 40k 1,420 members · 290 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Guardsmen: Commissar! We've been Cut Off and surrounded! The Tyranids are everywhere! We need to get out of hete!
Commissar: *Levels Pistol at Guardsmen*
Guardsmen: Uh...I mean For the Emperor!

I honestly think at times that the Imperial Guard are more badass than the Space Marines, maybe even the Custodes.

Because they're nothing but basic humans, facing down the same merciless enemies and unimaginable horrors, and all they get are the most basic of weapons and equipment.

Two most badass were John Grammaticus and Oliniaus Pius. We.need more games a s shit about the IG

John Grammaticus? You fucking heretic!

That was the bastard who killed Vulkan.

And who was Olinaus Pius again?

To be fair, he DID stab Vulkan, giving up his own Perpetualness, in order to revive Vulkan.

IG who stepped between Horus and the Emperor, then got vaporized. Dude also was a Perpetual

No, it was the sacrifice of that one Salamanders Captain that brought Vulkan back to life.

And wasn't it still kind of unknown who it was that tried to protect the Emperor from Horus got killed which made the Emperor stop holding back and finally unleash his power against Horus?

Because I've heard that it might've been an Imperial Army soldier or a Custodian.

Well, it WAS an Imperial Guardsman, who is now thought of as a Saint. GW later said that an Astartes then a Custodes also did the same thing right after. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Ollanius_Pius

Deciding at the last moment to side with his own race John used the Fulgurite to heal Vulkan of the madness that had consumed him, though it left him in a death-like coma and reduced John from Perpetual to an ordinary mortal.[4]

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8