Spike's Greatest Works 853 members · 1,398 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

There was a story published about a half a year ago that had a grand idea in my opinion, one that hasn't even gotten 800 views by the time I wrote this. It's the story of Spike getting supernatural powers, or more specifically, the ability to control and use shadows to his desire. The original story (well, original and only one as far as I know) is about Spike using those powers to go trick-or-treating, called "Shadow Spike's Nightmare Night" by DARKPHANTOM13, and almost misses the mark I would love to see a story like this go towards. and since then I've been meddling with a good way to introduce this concept, and have a partially decent story line, but I've always seemed to get stuck on HOW he gets the powers... but I did come up with one just the other day that I thought was best, but the only problem is that I know I won't be able to write it and I can't find anyone to write it, so I ask you to look it over and if not write it, then at least take the ideas within it to heart. I'd LOVE to see another one of these stories written for Spike, he deserves more love (and super powers)

Spike was depressed, having finally confessed his feelings for Rarity and being so flatly rejected, encouraged Twilight to take him with her to the castle on her next visit. Yet during the balloon trip, the only thing he did was solemnly watch the land under him, that is until he saw a glint of light near a cave in the everfree, one that was barely noticeable in the dense forest, only by its black nature absence of trees. Still curious about the glint of unnatural light, he decides to venture to see what was there, a few weeks later after Twi and her friends go off on an adventure without him again.
He didn't face many dangers in the forest when he traveled during the day and discovered that it was a cavern obviously made by civilized beings with the remains of a warrior by the front with an iron helm that reflected the light he saw. When he went towards the cave itself, he could not ignore the eerie feeling that felt a mixture of imminent danger and discouraging pain that increased with each step as he got further and forth into the cave, only to abruptly stop at the end of the entrance hall.
Inside, he finds a vast palace constructed almost like a labyrinth, twisting and turning through empty halls and furnished ruins until he found its treasure room, housed deep within its walls. After he opened its vault-like door, he saw that it contained but a single item: a beautifully cut onyx gem housed inside of a necklace imbued as the most sacred of objects.
After a few more hours of exploration of this vast architectural masterpiece, he returns to the library in search of that amulet's place in history, only to find its gruesome lore. It was said that the amulet held a great power, a power so great that none could rival the one wearing it, but that didn't stop their rivals from finding and capturing their villages, one after the other, all over what is named the shadow amulet, or as it's been more appropriately called by historians, the amulet of certain death. War after war, civilization after civilization that would fall with the possession of that amulet, as each and every country fought for possession of this one simple object, finally disappearing after a band of traveling thieves stole it from a city preparing for an attack on its other side on the morrow, never to been seen from again, lost mere decades before the current princesses were born.
Intrigued by the history, Spike ventures back and makes his way through the labyrinth once again, this time taking note of all the details, whether big or small, always noting of this place's once proud position of a fortress of solitude for men of extraordinary caliber, ready to fight to their dying breath and so powerful in magic that barely any dust had settled yet. He returned to the amulet, gently grasping it in his claws, and looking at the soulless black gem in the center that seemed to stare back with an emotionless gaze, reminding him of all the blood that shed for it, and all the ponies that might want to have it again, the thousands of lives that was ended or might still be ended for the sake of this one piece of jewelry. Not wanting history to repeat itself, he took the amulet in his hands and bit it clean through, gnawing and crunching the parts into smaller and smaller pieces, hoping that it would be enough to destroy the horrors it might unleash, only to unknowingly have its power seep into his very being...
after that, it's your basic 'slowly finding out you have super powers' and he goes and saves lives, defeating evil behind the scenes, letting others take the glory for his personal reward of seeing the faces of the ones he saved smiling and happy for more days than they had before.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1